ADVERTISEMENT

Gratuitous Corby V Willie Thread

Good point about all our dumb American brethren. Hmm. Okay, how about this? We can’t give the dumb of us too much credit for getting things done. I say that most Americans doing great things quickly are the smart ones, and the ones doing dumb things are the dumb ones. Okay, I’m getting nowhere. I just remembered Facebook and Silicon Valley. Smart Americans with no common sense doing great things quickly and overly willing to make mistakes. You win.
The old George Carlin bit: Think of how dumb the average person is, and remember 50 percent of people are dumber.

I also just did some dime-store reasearch. US workplace deaths are around 14 per million annually. Compared against some older data I found in Europe, that would put us 3rd to last--but ahead of Austria and Portugal
A moment's reflection (see what I did there?) will tell you that statistic is utter nonsense.

Sterilaser Lawyer: We'd like to submit the following photo labeled Exhibit A, your Honor.

tJHyczs.jpg

Sterilaser Lawyer: We'd like to submit the following photo labeled Exhibit A, your Honor. …
Plaintiff lawyer: Your Honor, we request to add George Lucas as a defendant for teaching Plaintiff the wrong values.

star-wars-never-tell-me-odds.gif

“It’s too easy for you guys to quit.”
Damn, you ain’t ****ing wrong, Willie.

and that applies to absolutely everything, though it initially pertained to covid cancellations/institutions

Reactions: smalls103
Sterilaser Lawyer: We'd like to submit the following photo labeled Exhibit A, your Honor.

tJHyczs.jpg
Pffft, could just as easily be a warning about sticking your pecker in it. Or should be, for some of the freaks out there.

Reactions: danoftw
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, …
So who’s the man in the arena, and who’s the critic, and for what sport is the arena in your analogy? What point are you trying to make? 🤔

Last edited:
So who’s the man in the arena, and who’s the critic, and for what sport is the arena in your analogy? What point are you trying to make? 🤔
I guess that depends on one's worldview and outlook on life. I just think the quote encapsulates some of the broader principles that go toward the success or failure of individuals in particular and societies in general.

tJHyczs.jpg
How can you read this one you have been blinded? I am sure there is some appropriate language in there but given the injuries to multiple people it could use a very clear graphic indicating eye protection or not to look directly at the light.

Since Willie takes about them having issues with individual bulbs flickering, it seems they had the unit flipped on it's back while energized. It could be one bulb/tube was fully on while they tinkered with another.

I guess they need a second caution/warning sticker on the underside of the unit. :)

Willie & Corby trouble shooting the lasonater prior to prepping the matts

Last edited:
I read the fine print on that warning sticker. "Wear protective gear when the device is active. Short term exposure can lead to massive hair loss."

I am beginning to think Willie and Corby irritated their eyes via some other means.

I would be happy with simple sterilization.
Man. This forum *is* educational. I did not know the difference between impotent and sterile until reading your post and looking it up. Now I just have to go look up the cunsuelo joke.

Catching up on TFW right now. Hope Willie brings in someone to do the show with him. I mean, I guess I could find time to do it but not sure Hawkeye fans would tune in for that. Ha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT