ADVERTISEMENT

Gratuitous Corby V Willie Thread

I'll say this for the 100000000th time. The wrestling podcasts should bring in the anonymous handles from the intranet to give segments. It would be great to link it and it would be f**.

They did it with @Jagger712 with his Friday article which is great...absolutely a must read..but we need more

He'll pyles was vais before he became Darth vader of intranet wrestling

Bumblebees can be downright scary. I was driving a large box truck on the interstate and a bumblebee flew in the open window and landed between my legs. I was wearing loose-fitting shorts and he was might close to my junk. Thankfully, it was an automatic so I didn't have to worry about shifting. I managed to slow down and very carefully brake to a stop and jumped out before anything bad happened.

BTW Pageologist, I'm a PG.
I haven't gotten my PG yet, despite being eligible for a long time. Just curious, what line of work are you in? I do mining reclamation.

I haven't gotten my PG yet, despite being eligible for a long time. Just curious, what line of work are you in? I do mining reclamation.
Almost all environmental, now. Originally thought I'd be doing NG or coal. Worked at OSMRE for a short time while in grad school, also PA survey helping Cliff Dodge in Elk Co. The bumblebee incident actually happened in TN while with OSMRE.

Reactions: PAgeologist
At the risk of showing my age, this thread is better than Peyton Place. And that's after reading about 20 posts before giving up and trying to find some wrestling talk.

You folks have done a great job cleaning up around Lilly. When I was growing up, some of those mines were still active and one of my earliest memories is of a mule pulling coal cars out of a mine that was located about half way up Lilly Coal Road by the football field. There was a mule barn near the road and we would stop our bikes there for a quick drink out of the trough when we were out playing. The water ran into the trough for years after all the mines dotting the hillsides around town all closed.

I was in Lilly last month and almost stopped in to say hello, but I thought I remembered that maybe someone in your house was not feeling well, so I didn't want to impose. I did spend a fun Friday night with my brothers playing pool down the hill from you at the PNA. It was my first time home in 4.5 years. My next trip home won't take nearly as long to happen, so maybe I will catch you on another visit.

You folks have done a great job cleaning up around Lilly. When I was growing up, some of those mines were still active and one of my earliest memories is of a mule pulling coal cars out of a mine that was located about half way up Lilly Coal Road by the football field. There was a mule barn near the road and we would stop our bikes there for a quick drink out of the trough when we were out playing. The water ran into the trough for years after all the mines dotting the hillsides around town all closed.

I was in Lilly last month and almost stopped in to say hello, but I thought I remembered that maybe someone in your house was not feeling well, so I didn't want to impose. I did spend a fun Friday night with my brothers playing pool down the hill from you at the PNA. It was my first time home in 4.5 years. My next trip home won't take nearly as long to happen, so maybe I will catch you on another visit.
Was just through there today while working. Took the scenic route from Indiana on my way to Altoona. A nice perk to my job… love driving around and seeing all the beauty PA has to offer.

Indiana Pa you idiot…

But yeah, that too is a long way to deliver a pizza.
My senior (actually 5th) year at PSU me and a couple guys roadtripped to IUP for their Homecoming weekend. Wow, lot’s of fun, though there was a lot of 151 involved so I have some lost moments. I do remember trying to get a keg from one side of the road to the party we were at on the other side while the parade was going on. Good memories…..

My senior (actually 5th) year at PSU me and a couple guys roadtripped to IUP for their Homecoming weekend. Wow, lot’s of fun, though there was a lot of 151 involved so I have some lost moments. I do remember trying to get a keg from one side of the road to the party we were at on the other side while the parade was going on. Good memories…..
Did alot of partying at IUP back in the day. If I remember correctly, someone used to put out a list of top party schools in nation and they were always on it. Lol

A reliable source wearing a Bud Heavy shirt informed me Willie and Corby already got down. Provided video evidence too.

Reactions: danoftw

That actually wasn't us along Lilly Coal Road. That was Robindale Energy. But yes, they did a nice job. We were walking along the trail the other day and I was pointing out all the old mine features for my wife.

Probably wouldn't have been a good idea to stop then. I was still recovering from pneumonia. If you didn't, you have to try the Boxcar in Lilly. Pretty good food and they fixed it up really nice. Highly recommend that and the Brick on Front if you venture into Cresson.

Reactions: Hotshoe
I'll say this for the 100000000th time. The wrestling podcasts should bring in the anonymous handles from the intranet to give segments. It would be great to link it and it would be f**.

They did it with @Jagger712 with his Friday article which is great...absolutely a must read..but we need more

He'll pyles was vais before he became Darth vader of intranet wrestling
Hey thanks for reading and I'm glad you enjoy it. I have a lot of fun writing it and I know it's probably not the most expert column you'll read but I hope I can provide some laughs for you!

Hey thanks for reading and I'm glad you enjoy it. I have a lot of fun writing it and I know it's probably not the most expert column you'll read but I hope I can provide some laughs for you!
Yo @Jagger712 - from memory I believe you are a devotee of 80s hair bands. Hope I am right. I wonder if you’ve ever seen this gem (I first saw it on late night MTV in the early days - classic local ad break for the Delaware Valley).

LOL had no idea this was a thread. I still am having to wear sunglasses and my right eye is still messed up. Those lights are no joke. Was my first time dealing with 1 of those machines and will be the last

Reactions: johnstownsteel
LOL had no idea this was a thread. I still am having to wear sunglasses and my right eye is still messed up. Those lights are no joke. Was my first time dealing with 1 of those machines and will be the last

Yes it's a thread. Now both of you go get a pole, air your grievances, display feats of strength, kiss and make up. Yeah I know, that aint going to happen

PS - I hope the eyes get better soon. You guys dodged a bullet. Pretty scary as it could have caused permanent damage.

Last edited:
That actually wasn't us along Lilly Coal Road. That was Robindale Energy. But yes, they did a nice job. We were walking along the trail the other day and I was pointing out all the old mine features for my wife.

Probably wouldn't have been a good idea to stop then. I was still recovering from pneumonia. If you didn't, you have to try the Boxcar in Lilly. Pretty good food and they fixed it up really nice. Highly recommend that and the Brick on Front if you venture into Cresson.
I grew up in Cresson. I went to Brick on Front when I was home over Thanksgiving. Nice little spot. Actually know the owners.

Yo @Jagger712 - from memory I believe you are a devotee of 80s hair bands. Hope I am right. I wonder if you’ve ever seen this gem (I first saw it on late night MTV in the early days - classic local ad break for the Delaware Valley).

I have not seen it but let me tell you about Cinderella. Probably one of the best bands of the hair metal era. Most people see the hair, the look, and the voice and think total cheese but they moved away from that stuff and settled into a more bluesy, straight rock and roll sound on their later albums and it kills. I recommend Bad Seamstress Blues, Coming Home, Long Cold Winter, Shelter Me, and The More Things Change if you want to hear some great old rock and roll that's hard to find these days.

I have not seen it but let me tell you about Cinderella. Probably one of the best bands of the hair metal era. Most people see the hair, the look, and the voice and think total cheese but they moved away from that stuff and settled into a more bluesy, straight rock and roll sound on their later albums and it kills. I recommend Bad Seamstress Blues, Coming Home, Long Cold Winter, Shelter Me, and The More Things Change if you want to hear some great old rock and roll that's hard to find these days.
Coming Home is a great song. Tom Kiefer, who grew up 5 miles from me, could really sing until he messed up his vocal chords.

I have a weakness for 80s hair bands as those were my high school days - Down Boys by Warrant, Fallen Angel by Poison, most anything by Motley Crue.

Have you ever seen the documentary Heavy Metal Parking Lot? Think it was filmed outside the Meadowlands. I’ve seen clips and they are LOL - the hair, accents, clothes, etc

Coming Home is a great song. Tom Kiefer, who grew up 5 miles from me, could really sing until he messed up his vocal chords.

I have a weakness for 80s hair bands as those were my high school days - Down Boys by Warrant, Fallen Angel by Poison, most anything by Motley Crue.

Have you ever seen the documentary Heavy Metal Parking Lot? Think it was filmed outside the Meadowlands. I’ve seen clips and they are LOL - the hair, accents, clothes, etc
Actually turns out it was the Cap Center

Reactions: Jagger712
Thanks for the run down memory lane. Played several Cinderella songs on the treadmill. Closed with a little uncle Tom's cabin with a cool down of damn Yankees.

The 80s.....oh the 80s!

Cinderella is under rated and under appreciated. Bad Seamstress Blues is a great example of bluesy-rock-metal. Great stuff

Blackie was a great frontman.

I grew up in Cresson. I went to Brick on Front when I was home over Thanksgiving. Nice little spot. Actually know the owners.
My wife and I love the monthly themed drink specials she comes up with. She has a great personality also and goes out of her way to make you feel welcome. It became our new favorite hangout pretty quickly.

Reactions: Ski and Grass
My wife and I love the monthly themed drink specials she comes up with. She has a great personality also and goes out of her way to make you feel welcome. It became our new favorite hangout pretty quickly.
She wasn't there the night I stopped in over Thanksgiving. She served me quite a few drinks in my younger years at the Penn Ave. Glad people like it there and I hope they keep it going for a long time. My parents stop by probably once a week.

Reactions: PAgeologist
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT