ADVERTISEMENT

Gratuitous Corby V Willie Thread

98lberEating2Lunches

Feb 11, 2018
Another wanted a dedicated place for this to avoid polluting other threads, so here it is.

I did listen to the entire 'First word' and read Corby's comments in it. I also read some wrestling board comments from each. Willie said he's done talking about it.

It is what it is, and I believe it is necessary and unfortunate.

Another wanted a dedicated place for this to avoid polluting other threads, so here it is.

I did listen to the entire 'First word' and read Corby's comments in it. I also read some wrestling board comments from each. Willie said he's done talking about it.

It is what it is, and I believe it is necessary and unfortunate.
What was Willie’s reason?

Can we also start a pool with bets on the next person to have a fallout with Willie?

Can we also start a pool with bets on the next person to have a fallout with Willie?
I don't know but the issue seems to be with Corby he's all over the place Willie seems to be talking about wrestling a lot. Shitty deal wish they would get over it

My understanding is that Willie sees Corby as a serial malcontent who airs his grievances in inappropriate venues. Corby had become too high maintenance for the value he brought.

Lol what is this all about?
There was a mutual separation of ways. Corby will no longer be appearing / collaborating with Willie. Corby is no longer employed with MatScouts/Intermat.

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
Sounds compensation/expense reimbursement related based on Corby's tweets.
Willie’s rebuttal was basically to deny those characterizations as truthful and rhetorically ask "Why of all the 15 staff Willie employs is there only an issue with Corby?"

Willie asserted Corby was upset that he didn't check up enough on him after his eyes were burned when "troubleshooting" the wrestling mat Sterilaser.

It's unfortunate, but I look forward to it being done. Corby doesn't look great through all of this and he's not helping his case with the tweets and trolling during the last word.

Reactions: Fatmarc and bigs22
Willie seems to be having a lot of fallouts. At some point one has to pause for self-reflection.
Besides issues with Flo / Pyles and now Corby there are others amounting to "a lots?" I can't recall more than those two. Like how many more do you know of?

Regardless, I agree self-reflection is always good (don't even need a fallout for it).

Reactions: Fatmarc and hlstone
Pile, Corby, and who else? Maybe sexual harasser Lobdell?

This doesn't seem like a lot.
he's undeniably confrontational. look at the way he interacts with people on twitter. just part of who he is. i can see how he would butt heads with another intense personality.

after listening to first word, this sounds like two feisty guys who started to butt heads over the course of several months and this was a match that lit the fuse. really seems like corby overreacted under the stress of dealing with a serious eye injury and exploded, willie couldn't resist fighting on twitter before realizing it was a bad look and deleting tweets. overall, not something worth worrying about. i hope these two can be civil with each other down the road even though they weren't a good fit to work together. i think willie's second approach of addressing it on the show and moving on is the right one. it's not worth anybody's time. i hope their eyes heal up.

I guess you can lump all the Flo guys together but he’s beefed with a lot of them separately; Pyles, Nomad, Askren, now Corby.

What’s even more interesting is the way he completely turns on someone over something. Another person is either all in or all out with him. It’s black and white thinking and it’s quite an unhealthy way to relate to other people. In fact, it’s typical of several personality disorders. Of course, you can’t diagnose from afar, but that way of thinking is suggestive of a deeper pathology.

Last edited:
I guess you can lump all the Flo guys together but he’s beefed with a lot of them separately; Pyles, Nomad, Askren, now Corby.

What’s even more interesting is the way he completely turns on someone over something. Another person is either all in or all out with him. It’s black and white thinking and it’s quite an unhealthy way to relate to other people. In fact, it’s typical of several personality disorders. Of course, you can’t diagnose from afar, but that way of thinking is suggestive of a deeper pathology.
"The way he completely turns on someone...", what does that even mean. Yeah, he turned on some of the Flo people, because the way he was being interfered with trying to do his job while at Flo and then because they were suing him and trying to prevent him from working in wrestling for a year. As for the Corby thing, if you watched the first word yesterday Willie put up the group text messages and it was Corby who turned on him because he claimed no one checked on him after his eye injury.

I know many people who value mutual loyalty and trust above all other things in friends and colleagues. When one factors in the degree of negative emotions felt when interacting with another, well then, a clean break can improve one's peace of mind. One doesn't have to be pathological to cut all ties.

Listening to 'The First Word' I was left feeling the ending was not something for which Willie wished. It seemed out of necessity. Sure, Willie could've come across a little harsh, but I believe he felt his reputation within wrestling was under attack by someone who he trusted. Perhaps Willie’s harshness was a partial reflection of him misplacing his trust and loyalty for as long as he did.

Last edited:
We never fell-in to begin with so that would be difficult.

My guess would be with his parents. Buying their love with a Ford Bronco only goes so far.

"Thanks for the gift son, but it's time you go out on your own and find a wife to settle down with. For God's sake, you are 50! Get out of our house!! And quit going for the 7-8's, Find your equal and go for the 2's and 3's that will cook and clean for you. We are done wiping your ass!"

We never fell-in to begin with so that would be difficult.

My guess would be with his parents. Buying their love with a Ford Bronco only goes so far.

"Thanks for the gift son, but it's time you go out on your own and find a wife to settle down with. For God's sake, you are 50! Get out of our house!! And quit going for the 7-8's, Find your equal and go for the 2's and 3's that will cook and clean for you. We are done wiping your ass!"
Can I double down?

Let's not forget the forum's favorite wrestling social media personality, Pat Mineo. Apparently, he and Willie have since mended fences and are back to collaborating.

Just watched it and wish I hadn't. Willie should have just taken the higher road and just moved on. There is no need to defend yourself on air, or air the dirty laundry. I don't think anyone out here in subscriber land gives a hoot.

• Haha
Reactions: WildTurk
It's interesting that the two "gratuitous" threads are the ones getting the most attention at the moment. Perhaps there is a need for a "Gratuitous PSU Wrestling Forum Psychoanalysis" thread as well. The use of the useless can confuse us. (Say that ten times quick while spinning around in a circle.)

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Just watched it and wish I hadn't. Willie should have just taken the higher road and just moved on. There is no need to defend yourself on air, or air the dirty laundry. I don't think anyone out here in subscriber land gives a hoot.
I agree with this. This Corby seems like a clown, loud mouth. Came out of no where and very hurt by Willie breaking up with him.

While everyone seems focused on the Willie/Corby breakup an important lesson is not getting much play. It appears both Willie and Corby suffered serious eye injuries by what has been called a Sterilaser. I don't know if the equipment being used was a trademarked Sterilaser unit or some other manufacturer's equipment, as there are several surface UV-C sterilizers on the market. By the accounts I've read/listened to, Willie and Corby both suffered a serious case of photokeratitis, of which snow blindness, and welding flash eye damage are similar conditions.

I looked at several websites, including the Sterilaser site and nowhere on the websites did I see any mention of possible eye damage from exposure or recommendations for protective eyewear. Nowhere on any of photos the actual units were there any visible prominent warnings, either. Nor could I find a downloadable manual to review. I'm not ambulance chasing, but these products can be quite dangerous if used improperly. Anyone connected to institutions that have, or may be looking to acquire UV-C sterilizers, should inquire whether these units are being properly and safely used only by people who who have been properly trained and wear protective eyewear, if needed. If you have children involved in wrestling or other sports where mats are used, you know that when it's time to clean mats before, during, after use, the kids are usually the ones doing it. UV-C equipment should not be used casually by the unaware.

… suffered serious eye injuries by what has been called a Sterilaser.
I wonder whether they were doing citizen science to follow up a suggestion:

“Suppose that we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light … Supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way …"

🤔:oops:

If you've never had flash burn on the eyes its an interesting pain. The one thing is for sure if you've ever gotten it you'll never want it again. It feels like someone put sand in your eyes and you cant get it out, it is miserable.
Basically its a sunburn on your cornea.

Reactions: Grass
SereneVagueHaddock-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: crablegs1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT