ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Green re fly rod. I just came back from Cabela's and saw

CattyGuy51

Nov 8, 2001
they have a Traditional III rod on sale for $70. They have 4 and 5 Wt rods and both are 4 piece. They are nice rods for the price. I thought of the discussion the other day and thought they would be right in your price range and very suitable for your use.

Thanks Catty....

Went yesterday. My local Cabelas didn't have the Tradiitional III in stock. I decided to go with the Three Forks and spend the saved money on some good fly line. My line kind of sucked and it seemed like the popular opinion that line is pretty important.

Went with the 6 weight.

Re: Thanks Catty....

Regarding these fly fishing posts, for the guys looking for advice on gear, I suspect you'll be better served posting on paflyfish or in the case of Grant Green posing on the Washington Flyfishing or ifish forums. You may be lucky to get hooked up with a local guy willing to offer better quality gear and perhaps even an offer to test cast it. Nothing against Cabela's, but I still have the first fly rod and reel I purchased and consider the pair an heirloom, in part because they were hand made in the USA. For those of us passionate about fly fishing, it's something to consider.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT