Governor Youngkin's first day 😎

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
Nobody will complain that he is looking into Loudoun County PS. There were totally bizarre stories coming out of there.

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
Interestingly, fair fax and Arlington have already issued pressers to the effect that they will ignore his eo allowing kids not to wear masks in school.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
It's starting quite well.
On Friday Chris Plante local radio person announced that Governor Black Face was he was 99% sure who was wearing the black face in the photo which meant he was in the Klan outfit. You can’t make this stuff up.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
What motivates that sort of response? Do they claim to be following the science?

Can't bear to give up control?
People’s Republic. I live on the boarder of both counties near the Chain Bridge and the beliefs these folks have is really remarkable. Granted they are all lawyers living off a government t*t. I would hate one minute in a law school.

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
People’s Republic. I live on the boarder of both counties near the Chain Bridge and the beliefs these folks have is really remarkable. Granted they are all lawyers living off a government t*t. I would hate one minute in a law school.
Arlington is a totally lost cause. I am not sure why any family would live there, actually. It is a fun place if you are 28.

Fairfax County is pretty large though, and not as homogeneous in thought. They may have some hope

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Oh yeah

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Years ago , I mean maybe a generation ago, a light went off in my head about why the left can be so wrong about everything but still push the same policies .
Power and control, the weakness of the right . The right to me wants things to run well, the left wants to run things no matter what the results of their efforts are.

Reactions: psuted and royboy

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
Years ago , I mean maybe a generation ago, a light went off in my head about why the left can be so wrong about everything but still push the same policies .
Power and control, the weakness of the right . The right to me wants things to run well, the left wants to run things no matter what the results of their efforts are.

The Bar Association (i.e., the lawyers) thinks very differently. More complex rules and regulations means more work, more clients. So they favor the politicians who will create more complexity. They are pretty open about this. The problem is, in general that objective goes in the polar opposite direction of productive economic activity.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
The Bar Association (i.e., the lawyers) thinks very differently. More complex rules and regulations means more work, more clients. So they favor the politicians who will create more complexity. They are pretty open about this. The problem is, in general that objective goes in the polar opposite direction of productive economic activity.
Oh definitely. They value being clever over utility .

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
Yeah we have an abundance, I'm sure we'd do just fine with say 50% of them doing something else.

We elect leaders who make sure that they are never out of demand. Some new software streamlines a complicated process? Soon the industry that makes that software becomes heavily regulated. This is how it goes, and understanding it helps you understand why one side takes the positions that they take.

Last edited:

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Just fire every single government employee as fast as possible.

Of course, the 10% that are not corrupt feeders at the trough will suffer unfairly, but we have to get rid of the swamp at all levels.

These people have lived the good life for too long with no merit, while the people paying their salary have dealt with condescension from them for too long.

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
Just fire every single government employee as fast as possible.

Of course, the 10% that are not corrupt feeders at the trough will suffer unfairly, but we have to get rid of the swamp at all levels.

These people have lived the good life for too long with no merit, while the people paying their salary have dealt with condescension from them for too long.

I'd say it is more like 50 percent who are good, and 50 percent who are deadwood. Firing every single employee is impossible and bad idea anyway. It needs to be easier, however, for managers to get rid of awful employees. It is currently impossible.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
I'd say it is more like 50 percent who are good, and 50 percent who are deadwood. Firing every single employee is impossible and bad idea anyway. It needs to be easier, however, for managers to get rid of awful employees. It is currently impossible.
How many actually think their job is to serve the public? 10% - by actions, not words?

I don't think we need very many of them.

Government should be shrunk to at least the same percentage of GDP as in 1950.

Reactions: psuted

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
What motivates that sort of response? Do they claim to be following the science?

Can't bear to give up control?

I don't have a problem with them doing it, really. This is the correct way that it should be working - each school district should make their own determination without a state mandate forcing them into one action or another.

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
I don't have a problem with them doing it, really. This is the correct way that it should be working - each school district should make their own determination without a state mandate forcing them into one action or another.
The executive order says parents are allowed to decide mask use. So even if a district mandates it, parents can opt out of wearing masks without any doctor's note.

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
Arlington is a totally lost cause. I am not sure why any family would live there, actually. It is a fun place if you are 28.

Fairfax County is pretty large though, and not as homogeneous in thought. They may have some hope
I live here and I’m well past that. I wouldn’t move here today, but even still, it’s an easy place to live.

Latest posts