ADVERTISEMENT

Got-thisness: “Penn State launches search for University’s 19th president”

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
See the link below. From the article:

“UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — This month, Penn State is launching a national search for the University’s 19th president after a phased listening process in which students, faculty, staff, alumni, donors and other community members provided feedback on the desired qualities and characteristics of the University’s next leader.

To kick off the search, the Presidential Recruitment and Selection Committee and executive search firm Spencer Stuart have developed a leadership profile — based on findings shared in the Next Gen Penn State Advisory Group Report — outlining the qualities, experiences, challenges and opportunities for successful candidates.

“Penn State is a leader in higher education ranking among the top universities in the world with a vibrant community of talented students, faculty, staff and alumni spanning the Commonwealth and world,” said Matt Schuyler, chair of the Penn State Board of Trustees. “We are seeking a collaborative leader with interdisciplinary perspective to continue to move the University’s teaching, research and public service mission forward. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to supporting student success and faculty and staff achievement, while continuing to build on our commitment to access and affordability, elevating our research profile, and advancing diversity, equity and inclusion across our campus communities.”

The leadership profile will help guide the upcoming search process, which will be led by the Presidential Recruitment and Selection Committee, a 19-member group co-chaired by Trustees Mark H. Dambly and Julie Anna Potts with student, faculty and staff representatives.

With the assistance of Spencer Stuart, a global executive search firm with a leading practice in education and nonprofit presidential transitions, the committee will begin the search this month with the goal to recommend top finalist(s) to the Board of Trustees following a thorough recruitment and vetting process.”

I glow with anticipation that the diligence and experience brought to bear will deliver a first-rate leader to our great university who will embrace our cherished past, our excellent present, and our bright future. For the glory!

LOL...reads like a comedy routine. this was clearly written by a committee

Penn State is a leader in higher education ranking among the top universities in the world with a vibrant community of talented students, faculty, staff and alumni spanning the Commonwealth and world,” said Matt Schuyler, chair of the Penn State Board of Trustees. “We are seeking a collaborative leader with interdisciplinary perspective to continue to move the University’s teaching, research and public service mission forward. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to supporting student success and faculty and staff achievement, while continuing to build on our commitment to access and affordability, elevating our research profile, and advancing diversity, equity and inclusion across our campus communities

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: We Are . . .
And in other news the prison system has seen a recent surge in prison visits.

Penn State is a leader in higher education ranking among the top universities in the world with a vibrant community of talented students, faculty, staff and alumni spanning the Commonwealth and world,” said Matt Schuyler, chair of the Penn State Board of Trustees. “We are seeking a collaborative leader with interdisciplinary perspective to continue to move the University’s teaching, research and public service mission forward. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to supporting student success and faculty and staff achievement, while continuing to build on our commitment to access and affordability, elevating our research profile, and advancing diversity, equity and inclusion across our campus communities

Those kind of statements crack me up. I'm sure the committee sat down and came up with a list of buzzwords which needed to be included. They're all the ones you've bolded. The result is a corporate-speak statement which says a lot without really saying anything. It's a great cure for insomnia.

Good thing Marshall got in first on this! They are looking for one too. I have to give the Prez credit, the Board of Governors were on his ass to fire the football coach and the AD. They were trying to micro manage everything. He said enough and will walk away.

Those kind of statements crack me up. I'm sure the committee sat down and came up with a list of buzzwords which needed to be included. They're all the ones you've bolded. The result is a corporate-speak statement which says a lot without really saying anything. It's a great cure for insomnia.

The committee will use a checklist of these attributes as their interview form, thereby looking for someone who “checks all the boxes”.

Interviewer: What is your position on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion?

Candidate: I’m all for it.

Interviewer: Good. *checks box*

I just want to scream I've got BINGO right now.

I’m going to socialize your input with the C-suite. Net-net, you’ve made some good points

Emmert? Maybe Ed Orgeron? Rudy Guiliani.... Hunter Biden?
Probably Rudy would be disqualified as a potential Notre Dame mole.

• Haha
Reactions: 91Joe95

If they are committed to affordability and they believe they have something to be built on, then they should all just resign.

LdN

Reactions: 91Joe95

All they needed was this “ We are seeking a cooperative stooge. Requirements include a PHD degree and at least 20 years experience in mindlessly following instructions from Board members. Some travel to buffet tables is required “.

Anyone with a spine and/or balls need not apply. Must like onion dip.

So Phase 1 of the search is over. They have asked everybody for their input, which they will ignore. Laid out a time table which will appear to show their due diligence, which also can be ignored. Hired a search firm that probably was provided different instructions than were laid out in this press release and will come up just the "perfect" candidate that the Board has already identified as someone who will follow their every wish and allow the graft and corruption to continue unabated.

The way things are going for the ncaa, maybe we could get mark emmert.

See the link below. From the article:

“UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — This month, Penn State is launching a national search for the University’s 19th president after a phased listening process in which students, faculty, staff, alumni, donors and other community members provided feedback on the desired qualities and characteristics of the University’s next leader.

To kick off the search, the Presidential Recruitment and Selection Committee and executive search firm Spencer Stuart have developed a leadership profile — based on findings shared in the Next Gen Penn State Advisory Group Report — outlining the qualities, experiences, challenges and opportunities for successful candidates.

“Penn State is a leader in higher education ranking among the top universities in the world with a vibrant community of talented students, faculty, staff and alumni spanning the Commonwealth and world,” said Matt Schuyler, chair of the Penn State Board of Trustees. “We are seeking a collaborative leader with interdisciplinary perspective to continue to move the University’s teaching, research and public service mission forward. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to supporting student success and faculty and staff achievement, while continuing to build on our commitment to access and affordability, elevating our research profile, and advancing diversity, equity and inclusion across our campus communities.”

The leadership profile will help guide the upcoming search process, which will be led by the Presidential Recruitment and Selection Committee, a 19-member group co-chaired by Trustees Mark H. Dambly and Julie Anna Potts with student, faculty and staff representatives.

With the assistance of Spencer Stuart, a global executive search firm with a leading practice in education and nonprofit presidential transitions, the committee will begin the search this month with the goal to recommend top finalist(s) to the Board of Trustees following a thorough recruitment and vetting process.”

I glow with anticipation that the diligence and experience brought to bear will deliver a first-rate leader to our great university who will embrace our cherished past, our excellent present, and our bright future. For the glory!

In other words... Give Early..... Give Often..... Give Until It Hurts... Then Give Some More.... We Will Let You Know When Its Enough....

Reactions: BobPSU92
…I’m suggesting Michael Douglas…a no-nonsense guy who would certainly straighten things out…

ADVERTISEMENT