Got this letter from my daughter’s school principal about masks

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
Dear Parents/Guardians,

I hope your Holidays were good, peaceful and relaxing. We come back to this New Year with the concern of Covid. It has consumed a good part of the day. In speaking with some of our parents in the medical field, doing research and watching the news it is recommended that the cloth masks do not work as well as the medical grade masks for the children. I copied this quote from a doctor at NYU: “Do not take this variant lightly. It spreads much more easily, replicating 70 times faster than the Delta variant in people’s airways, even among vaccinated people. Children should be wearing medical-grade masks and double-masking if they can tolerate it, especially if they are unvaccinated,”

PLEASE consider the medical grade for your children, surgical masks, KN95KF94. Another issue we are having is the students NOT wearing their masks properly over the nose. We are honestly tired of reminding them. IF your child is unable to keep the mask in the proper position, perhaps they need a different style. I will say the medical grade masks with the wire work well. For the older students who "know better", but ignore our order to push the mask over the nose, there will be consequences for not following this guideline. Demerits, detention...please speak to your children. We just want to keep everyone safe and enable us to continue in person instruction. Another thing that was suggested is that we STOP having the children eat snack in the classroom. So for now the students will NOT be taking a snack break. Please be sure they eat a good breakfast, pack a good lunch. Other schools have stopped snacks long before this. I think we should do likewise.

I so appreciate the families that have contacted me, being forthcoming with health issues and taking the necessary precautions.

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
Just prolonging the inevitable. Everyone is going to be exposed, many will get it, and the overwhelming majority most will recover quickly. Proceed accordingly.

Reactions: LionDeNittany

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
Dear Parents/Guardians,

I hope your Holidays were good, peaceful and relaxing. We come back to this New Year with the concern of Covid. It has consumed a good part of the day. In speaking with some of our parents in the medical field, doing research and watching the news it is recommended that the cloth masks do not work as well as the medical grade masks for the children. I copied this quote from a doctor at NYU: “Do not take this variant lightly. It spreads much more easily, replicating 70 times faster than the Delta variant in people’s airways, even among vaccinated people. Children should be wearing medical-grade masks and double-masking if they can tolerate it, especially if they are unvaccinated,”

PLEASE consider the medical grade for your children, surgical masks, KN95KF94. Another issue we are having is the students NOT wearing their masks properly over the nose. We are honestly tired of reminding them. IF your child is unable to keep the mask in the proper position, perhaps they need a different style. I will say the medical grade masks with the wire work well. For the older students who "know better", but ignore our order to push the mask over the nose, there will be consequences for not following this guideline. Demerits, detention...please speak to your children. We just want to keep everyone safe and enable us to continue in person instruction. Another thing that was suggested is that we STOP having the children eat snack in the classroom. So for now the students will NOT be taking a snack break. Please be sure they eat a good breakfast, pack a good lunch. Other schools have stopped snacks long before this. I think we should do likewise.

I so appreciate the families that have contacted me, being forthcoming with health issues and taking the necessary precautions.
Female?

RGWhirly

Jul 30, 2017
I know not the point of you posting, but what the f is snack time? When did this become a common thing?

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Dear Parents/Guardians,

What wackos.
I feel bad for your kids.

Texas has is going on year 1.5 fully open.

They don't even bother emailing about cases anymore.

It's interesting having spent time over the holiday in NJ.

Went there... giant lines of 40 or more to get covid tests. People double and triple masking everywhere.

In TX? Life as if 2019. North east is a total $hitshow.

LdN

Reactions: Ski

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
I love the mask logic there. It's like saying "the leak in the hull of the ship is even worse this time, so let's trying plugging it with chewing gum again"

And N95 masks? If kids can't keep a cloth mask on correctly, not a chance in hell they can do the same for a mask that HAS to be fit tested to ensure it's even sealed to begin with.

Oh and you kids that for many reasons aren't getting a good breakfast? Tough shit, you can't eat a snack

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
Meanwhile I just got an email from our district superintendent with a subject line of "Covid Protocols for Second Semester"

I'm fearing the worst, noting that we have no mask or vax mandate.

Fortunately the only changes were how long you had to quarantine after a positive test or exposure, in accordance with CDC rule changes.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Nittany Ned2

Dec 16, 2005
Retarded? This entire thread is retarded. Now nuns and any religious clergy who don’t share your views are the enemy in your political culture war?

Pathetic

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
Retarded? This entire thread is retarded. Now nuns and any religious clergy who don’t share your views are the enemy in your political culture war?

Pathetic
You said the nun is an enemy in a political culture war. I called her overbearing and said she watches too much news. 🤥

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

Pathetic

Yes Nate. People who want to force a young child to wear a N95 mask or two masks all day to sit and learn are the enemy.

No, it has nothing to do with their religion or political views.

Unfortunately dickheads like you don't get it.

LdN

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
Perfect question for a Trump Cultist to ask. You should now refer to her as a "Karen."

Perfect question for a Trump Cultist to ask. You should now refer to her as a "Karen."
Not sure how the question had anything to do with Trump, I just thought the letter sounded something like what Hillary, AOC, Nancy or Kamala would write. You know, blaming the parents for her lack of control.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Dear Parents/Guardians,

Dear God. Surgical-grade masks all day...for kids. Insane. Abusive in fact.

It kind of goes back to some lines in that RFK Jr statement that I posted yesterday:

...There has never been a government in history that has told its people, we are going to demand children sacrifice and take risks to save old people. It’s always the other way around. The old, the mature, the adults, always put themselves at risk to protect their children. This is an ethical issue. It’s a moral issue. It’s an issue of character for each of us. And it’s an issue about democracy and public health.

The data is coming in and all points in the same direction: Forcing kids to wear masks all day in school is no good for them...and doesn't actually protect from a virus which poses no significant risk to them in any case.