ADVERTISEMENT

Goof writer from Lansing Journal rates Beaver Stadium 8th of all B1G stadiums (link)

Basing it on atmosphere I would very strongly disagree. Basing it on comfort, amenities etc, I have no issue. The place is a dull, generic, uncomfortable place to watch a football game. I've been to at least 25 other football stadiums over the years and Beaver Stadium is among the worst.

I don’t think he’s far off the mark with his description of our house. I’ve only been to one other B1G stadium though - Purdue - so can’t comment on the accuracy of his rankings.

Basing it on atmosphere I would very strongly disagree. Basing it on comfort, amenities etc, I have no issue. The place is a dull, generic, uncomfortable place to watch a football game. I've been to at least 25 other football stadiums over the years and Beaver Stadium is among the worst.

If comfort and amenities are criteria, then Michigan would be near the bottom.

If this guy has spent so much time around campus, he must've known of the horrible things that went on there. He shouldn't be a writer and the school should be turned into a sexual deviant treatment center.

I've been to every stadium, OSU, Wisky, Nebraska, and PSU are the best in no particular order. Minny would probably be #5, then probably Indiana or Iowa. All others are pretty interchangeable, except Michigan... worst in the B10.

Reactions: lockhavenlion3
If he was rating them purely on the stadium, then I'd have no problem with that.

But he mixes in some atmosphere observations, which makes his list a joke. I mean, Spartan Stadium? C'mon.

I've been to every stadium, OSU, Wisky, Nebraska, and PSU are the best in no particular order. Minny would probably be #5, then probably Indiana or Iowa. All others are pretty interchangeable, except Michigan... worst in the B10.

Do you really think Michigan is worse than Illinois? Memorial Stadium is a total zero.

I've only been to Beaver Stadium once, but what makes it unique, IMHO, is the size of the stadium and (especially) the generous quantity of acreage surrounding it. This acreage has fostered a tailgate culture that would be very hard to match anywhere else. If there is any other school that has THAT big of a tailgate crowd before each home game, I'd like to know who it is.

Reactions: lockhavenlion3
About a decade ago the Atlanta Journal Constitution had Beaver Stadium rated as the 8th best college stadium in the country. The writer referred to it as "a giant erector set of a stadium". I could not argue with him on either count.

I suspect if we were an original member of the B1G, we'd be around 3 on that list. I often hear from first time visitors, including recruits, that when they first see that shining silver castle they are thunderstruck.
psu.jpg

345n9tg.jpg

Who cares what this clowns thinks, Just go to a White out game vs OSU or UM and tell me if there is a better place to play a football game in the country. the Beav dose look like an erector set and the press box suck but who cares and recruits seem to like it.

He's wrong about nearly everything but one thing: The Press Box.

The Press Box at Beaver Stadium is a joke, and possibly the worst press box in all of power five football.
OK, I see where you're coming .. .but, I don't take a leek in the press box & don't sit in the press box. Remodel the facilities on the ground floor of Beaver first. Ham & Jones aren't complaining.

I go to football games to watch football games. Only two other places in America you can get together with 100k fans and cheer your team on, and I would t be caught dead in either.
Living in the Bay Area, where fans are fickle and distracted at best, no one gets it. Levi’s Stadium has good Wi-Fi, amazing food options, multiple bars, and Top Golf. SO WHAT! Most fans don’t even cheer for a first down....
That said, I’ll be there if we make the Natty this year...

OK, I see where you're coming .. .but, I don't take a leek in the press box & don't sit in the press box. Remodel the facilities on the ground floor of Beaver first. Ham & Jones aren't complaining.
Anything and everything that helps recruiting, I'm down for. A better Beaver Stadium and a better press box, helps recruiting. Right now, the press box is an eye sore.

What big ten stadiums are better? I been to about ten and I would say none.

Have been to all the B10 stadiums.Forget the architecture ours is the best atmosphere. #2 Nebraska,#3 Wisconsin,#4 Ohio State,#5 Iowa,#6 Michigan State. After that its "meh". Minnesota has a nice "little"stadium. 75,000 students, seating for roughly 55,000;usually 35,000 at the game.I ndiana and Purdue waiting for basketball season. Northwestern like Stanford has geeky fans.

I've only been to Beaver Stadium once, but what makes it unique, IMHO, is the size of the stadium and (especially) the generous quantity of acreage surrounding it. This acreage has fostered a tailgate culture that would be very hard to match anywhere else. If there is any other school that has THAT big of a tailgate crowd before each home game, I'd like to know who it is.
Beaver stadium looks like a giant erector set.

2 things that would make the Beav better right away...
- Brighten it up a bit underneath. It's so cold, dark and industrial.
- Better food options.

Anything else is just icing on the cake. Once I'm in my seat with a full belly, I can't complain.

I'm on the fence on bench seating. In a perfect world, individual seats in the rest of the stadium would be in the "nice to have" category, but not at the expense of capacity. That being said, how often is it really sold out?

2 things that would make the Beav better right away...
- Brighten it up a bit underneath. It's so cold, dark and industrial.
- Better food options.

Anything else is just icing on the cake. Once I'm in my seat with a full belly, I can't complain.

I'm on the fence on bench seating. In a perfect world, individual seats in the rest of the stadium would be in the "nice to have" category, but not at the expense of capacity. That being said, how often is it really sold out?

I never understood why they don’t have a full service creamery I’m the stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT