Good Gal with a Gun

BicyclePete

May 29, 2001
A legally armed woman, in West Virginia, saved the lives of a lot of people when she stopped a mass shooting at a graduation ceremony. Dennis Butler showed up with an AR-15 and started shooting, the unidentified woman reacted quickly and shot Butler, who later died from the bullet wounds. “Instead of running from the threat, she engaged with the threat and saved several lives last night,” said Lieutenant Tony Hazelett. “She was lawfully carrying a firearm and stopped a threat. There was a graduation party and a party with kids so obviously someone just graduated high school and we could have had a casualty shooting.”

It happened about a week ago and It's nowhere in any of the major networks and there are two reasons why.

#1 It goes against the democrats and the media, but I repeat myself, agenda which is to abolish the 2nd Amendment. You can't have women saving lives with legally owned firearms! How can they continue with the plan of disarming the US?

#2 The shooter was a black guy. If the potential murderer was white, you might have heard of it. You know the MAGA crazies? "White Supremacists?" The radical "Amish?" Those guys that are doing all the murders, except they aren't.

The truth is that there are thousands upon thousands of situations where a good guy with a gun has stopped a bad guy. It's underreported, or rather totally ignored by the MSM. In a lot of cases, just showing a weapon is enough to change the circumstance, without even firing a shot, and it's never reported to the police.

To use a gun, you need to be properly trained, have the right mind set, and practice with that weapon. This woman apparently did those things and saved a bunch of lives. Bravo madam.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
A legally armed woman, in West Virginia, saved the lives of a lot of people when she stopped a mass shooting at a graduation ceremony. Dennis Butler showed up with an AR-15 and started shooting, the unidentified woman reacted quickly and shot Butler, who later died from the bullet wounds. “Instead of running from the threat, she engaged with the threat and saved several lives last night,” said Lieutenant Tony Hazelett. “She was lawfully carrying a firearm and stopped a threat. There was a graduation party and a party with kids so obviously someone just graduated high school and we could have had a casualty shooting.”

It happened about a week ago and It's nowhere in any of the major networks and there are two reasons why.

#1 It goes against the democrats and the media, but I repeat myself, agenda which is to abolish the 2nd Amendment. You can't have women saving lives with legally owned firearms! How can they continue with the plan of disarming the US?

#2 The shooter was a black guy. If the potential murderer was white, you might have heard of it. You know the MAGA crazies? "White Supremacists?" The radical "Amish?" Those guys that are doing all the murders, except they aren't.

The truth is that there are thousands upon thousands of situations where a good guy with a gun has stopped a bad guy. It's underreported, or rather totally ignored by the MSM. In a lot of cases, just showing a weapon is enough to change the circumstance, without even firing a shot, and it's never reported to the police.

To use a gun, you need to be properly trained, have the right mind set, and practice with that weapon. This woman apparently did those things and saved a bunch of lives. Bravo madam.
All true.

Reactions: psuted

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
I can't wait to get a response from our lefties. My bet ... they will not show up just like the MSM does not show up for such stories.

This is the problem. One side refuses to have an honest discussion, so it goes no where. It goes to show that they are not really interested in solving a problem. They are interested in political power, and a dangerous usurping of power at that, the very reason there is a 2nd Amendment.

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009
I can't wait to get a response from our lefties. My bet ... they will not show up just like the MSM does not show up for such stories.

This is the problem. One side refuses to have an honest discussion, so it goes no where. It goes to show that they are not really interested in solving a problem. They are interested in political power, and a dangerous usurping of power at that, the very reason there is a 2nd Amendment.
Shows up at a graduation ceremony with a loaded weapon. Makes me wonder who she was planning to kill.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
Shows up at a graduation ceremony with a loaded weapon. Makes me wonder who she was planning to kill.

People that "carry" have their weapon with them for those rare cases exactly like the one that occurred.

But you already knew this. You respond just to troll and get a rise out of conservatives. You add nothing.

I don't know why people like you hang around. Says a lot about you as an individual.

If you do post something of substance it will carry less weight due to your track record. I take it that you don't care and have nothing better to do with your time.

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
6oZR8vv.jpg

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009
People that "carry" have their weapon with them for those rare cases exactly like the one that occurred.

But you already knew this. You respond just to troll and get a rise out of conservatives. You add nothing.

I don't know why people like you hang around. Says a lot about you as an individual.

If you do post something of substance it will carry less weight due to your track record. I take it that you don't care and have nothing better to do with your time.
Probably be good for your mental health to just put me on ignore.

bdgan

May 29, 2008

I don't think arming teachers is the solution to the problem of school shootings but I'm OK with armed security officers. I don't think there's one simple answer but we should certainly do our best to address the problem.

That said, let's assume 20 students are killed every year. That's tragic but put that into perspective. There are 77 million students in this country. I can't do the math in my head but what is that? 1/1000 of 1%. The media and the politicians have a large percent of students and parents unnecessarily fearing for their lives. It's like a few kids testing positive for covid and we immediately close the schools. No wonder we can't address these issues rationally.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I don't think arming teachers is the solution to the problem of school shootings but I'm OK with armed security officers. I don't think there's one simple answer but we should certainly do our best to address the problem.

That said, let's assume 20 students are killed every year. That's tragic but put that into perspective. There are 77 million students in this country. I can't do the math in my head but what is that? 1/1000 of 1%. The media and the politicians have a large percent of students and parents unnecessarily fearing for their lives. It's like a few kids testing positive for covid and we immediately close the schools. No wonder we can't address these issues rationally.
If I was a teacher I would have already had a gun , training , and the will. It wouldn’t take much more . All we is to harden targets by having the possibility of someone there.
The author of the article addresses it in here.
If you entered the business I manage you’d never know we are armed .
And you’d never guess. It’s a smaller family business and the family all shoot.
You’d don’t need to broadcast it, you need the possibility. I’d also ask for volunteers that are trained to do discrete tasks around the school that appear volunteer , I’d volunteer 5-10 hours at the school for such a program .

bdgan

May 29, 2008
If I was a teacher I would have already had a gun , training , and the will. It wouldn’t take much more . All we is to harden targets by having the possibility of someone there.
The author of the article addresses it in here.
If you entered the business I manage you’d never know we are armed .
And you’d never guess. It’s a smaller family business and the family all shoot.
You’d don’t need to broadcast it, you need the possibility. I’d also ask for volunteers that are trained to do discrete tasks around the school that appear volunteer , I’d volunteer 5-10 hours at the school for such a program .
It's not realistic to arm every teacher in every classroom.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
It's not realistic to arm every teacher in every classroom.
That’s silly and no one is calling for it. Those who call for it are talking about something like I mentioned .
It seems you didn’t read Larry’s article yet, he’s addressed it. He’s taught school personnel that wished to be armed after they changed the law in his state allowing for it.
I barely trust most teachers to teach, let alone carry , however motivated people that wish to take in the responsibility would be an excellent deterrent .

Reactions: jjw165

bdgan

May 29, 2008
That’s silly and no one is calling for it. Those who call for it are talking about something like I mentioned .
It seems you didn’t read Larry’s article yet, he’s addressed it. He’s taught school personnel that wished to be armed after they changed the law in his state allowing for it.
I barely trust most teachers to teach, let alone carry , however motivated people that wish to take in the responsibility would be an excellent deterrent .
And I don't oppose it in certain situations. I just don't think it would make a material difference. It seems to me that an armed security guard at the front door would make more of a difference than a teacher located in a single classroom.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
And I don't oppose it in certain situations. I just don't think it would make a material difference. It seems to me that an armed security guard at the front door would make more of a difference than a teacher located in a single classroom.
Teachers can move and be mobile . An armed guard at the front desk is a target .

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
And yet you morons keep responding. it really is too easy.

Ignore only works to a certain extent. It doesn't prevent you from polluting threads with trash which, as you know, tends to destroy the thread. That is obviously your purpose. If this site were managed better, you would be banned.

I tried using Ignore for a few months. Eventually every leftist had made it onto that list. And I like a good debate when the other side will argue on a point-to-point basis.

But that is not what happens. Our leftists just throw up straw-mans and other diversions. When all else fails, the discussion breaks down into personal attacks on the messenger, the source, or finally ... "yea, but Trump ..."

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009
Ignore only works to a certain extent. It doesn't prevent you from polluting threads with trash which, as you know, tends to destroy the thread. That is obviously your purpose. If this site were managed better, you would be banned.

I tried using Ignore for a few months. Eventually every leftist had made it onto that list. And I like a good debate when the other side will argue on a point-to-point basis.

But that is not what happens. Our leftists just throw up straw-mans and other diversions. When all else fails, the discussion breaks down into personal attacks on the messenger, the source, or finally ... "yea, but Trump ..."
OK, you make some valid points. Yes, I'm a troll, but I don't recall you throwing any shade at the conservative trolls here.
As far as Trump goes, we bring him up because he's a cancer on your party, a cancer that won't die. Hard to respect anyone who supports him.

BicyclePete

May 29, 2001
OK, you make some valid points. Yes, I'm a troll, but I don't recall you throwing any shade at the conservative trolls here.
As far as Trump goes, we bring him up because he's a cancer on your party, a cancer that won't die. Hard to respect anyone who supports him.
I support Donald Trump. And since that means you don’t respect me, thanks for making my Sunday a little better.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

They never counter with something factual, they are so brain washed by their sources they can't comprehend what they refer to is crap.

Reactions: Hotshoe

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
They never counter with something factual, they are so brain washed by their sources they can't comprehend what they refer to is crap.

That is the difference between conservatives on this board, posters that @Vic Vaselino would call "trolls," and those on his side, who truly do troll (and now admit that they are trolls). The conservatives always want to discuss the issues, the facts. They get frustrated by trolls on the other side when the other side resorts to deflection and personal attacks. Then the whole debate breaks down, which is what the leftists want.

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009
That is the difference between conservatives on this board, posters that @Vic Vaselino would call "trolls," and those on his side, who truly do troll (and now admit that they are trolls). The conservatives always want to discuss the issues, the facts. They get frustrated by trolls on the other side when the other side resorts to deflection and personal attacks. Then the whole debate breaks down, which is what the leftists want.
Until the facts make your side look bad, then it's FAKE NEWS.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Exactly why I criticize those that engage with these trolls....er...tools....er....fools. I have over a dozen on ignore. Two months ago, in a moment of weakness, I took a few off. Jersey and Paolion were put back on last week and things are far better.

Problem is that even with these morons on ignore, others engage them and an entire thread is seeing their comments back to the trolls. No intelligence at all, just back and forth name calling like a bunch of third graders.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Exactly why I criticize those that engage with these trolls....er...tools....er....fools. I have over a dozen on ignore. Two months ago, in a moment of weakness, I took a few off. Jersey and Paolion were put back on last week and things are far better.

Problem is that even with these morons on ignore, others engage them and an entire thread is seeing their comments back to the trolls. No intelligence at all, just back and forth name calling like a bunch of third graders.
I keep some around for chew toys, but I’ve never seen these guys bring something substantive to the table. Their sources are trash, they cannot think, which makes it impossible to discuss things with them.
I have to educate them up to informed levels then argue.
Ignoring them and mocking them are more efficient.

Reactions: Ski

pawrestlersintn

Jan 26, 2013
Talking to some friends last night. Someone accidentally sent out an active shooter alert at her place of work. A bunch of them were in a large conference room, and their training was to crawl under the conference table. If there was an active shooter, it would have been like shooting fish in a barrel.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Vic, you are not a troll. At least not a half decent one.

I want more cancer.

It’s Official: Trump Unleashed A Middle-Class Boom That Benefited Women, Minorities Most​

https://issuesinsights.com/2020/09/...ss-boom-that-benefited-women-minorities-most/