ADVERTISEMENT

Good for Mike

It would only be the third but no, I haven't been banned. I'm voluntarily leaving that board. I'm not posting there again until Iowa wins a National Championship.
You will be back sooner than that. You sound like my alcoholic uncle that quits drinking every year for 2 weeks and then comes back drunker than before. Its an addiction lol

IMO, we as PSU fans need to show a little consideration toward others. I realize some think its fun to provoke others, but there is a difference between fun and purposely trying to irritate. When Jammenz or Tognetti come to the board you know they will take a contrary position and to me, they are trying to have fun (whether you like it or not). Since they are NEVER serious, you take whatever they say for what its worth (usually not much, but I don’t take offense because I know the purpose).

Some of us go to HR and seemingly just try to tick them off. Some mean well and get interpreted wrongly, others seem to purposely provoke (again, imo). Sometimes its just a matter of knowing when is a good time to talk, and when a good time to keep it to yourself. We don't seem to get that.

Reason I say this is as of today, I am no longer going to HR. I’ve learned a lot from there, enjoyed it and the posters, but even the “regulars” are getting touchy to the point where its no longer fun. Too much negativity by everyone on all sides for me.

As you can see, one of their moderators told them to chill out, but right away it started again. In reality, I get where they are coming from. I would probably feel the same way if I were in their shoes, and if they were winning and coming over here and purposely trying to irritate everyone. Think of Patriot fans after they started winning, the epitomy of insufferable. ;)

I just think its too bad that we can’t keep things civil. There are few enough places to talk wrestling, especially in the offseason. No reason to make it even fewer. As others have said, one day the tables will be turned. For me the purpose is to enjoy and get away from the normal idiocy, not to bring it with me and spread it.

FWIW. Ouch. Slipped stepping down…..

It's one thing to argue for your favorite sports team.

It's another thing altogether to label an entire University, their students, alumni, fans and supporters - a bunch of "rapey pedophiles."

Mods, to me, are like officials at sporting events. All is good when the referees and umpires are nearly invisible, almost transparent...same with mods. When they become visible, it's usually to insert themselves into a situation, so they can get back to being invisible. Tom is unique in that he is an active daily participant in our community, and at least for me, a more than welcome one.

That said, board rules should be posted somewhere. I get that some don't like "rules", until chaos erupts, then they're like crickets.

The HR Mod obviously had enough. I say good on him.

I have never made a single post on HR. The like button works just fine for anything that interests me there.

The whole situation is bad imo. The PSU fans that troll there have almost totally ruined what was once a very good board. At the same time, the Iowa fans that claim their fan base would never do anything like that clearly has a short memory.
I stopped using forums entirely for awhile, mostly due to the Iowa trolls on themat.com (to be fair it was also a certain MN and a Cornell fan as well) Then, as PSU began to win, the tide changed, and PSU trolls began to have the numbers.

I have experienced something quite different than what Roar had mentioned, before in IRC. Certain channels were run with very visible and trigger happy mods/ops and people behaved or they didn't participate. I had many other channels that were just chaos, and it took something really egregious before any action was taken. Eventually, those channels were not my channels anymore.

I wish wrestling had an IRC channel.

Reactions: Gebmo
The vibe over there is pretty low. I cannot think of a single reason why I would spend anytime in that board.

There's growing optimism over there with the good job they are doing with grass roots fund raising.

Part of HR's problem is that their own posters bring Penn State into the conversation which leads to some of our more argumentative posters to chime in which gets some of the more sensitive Hawk fans to respond which quickly becomes a vicious cycle that turns some threads into a hot mess.

I did notice that PSU people were being provocative what surprised me was that the Iowa folks played into it. I actually come here to escape the polarized bs of the news and to connect with honestly intentioned wrestling fans. The hating is f*^%king lame.

make.php

Classic Jammenz troll job in there. Here's his list of all-time programs (his reply starts with "despite"):

jammenzHR All-State
New

Not all PSU fans. The greatest "all time" wrestling programs are as follows:
  1. Oklahoma State
  2. Iowa
  3. Iowa State
  4. Penn State
  5. Others
Despite Penn State's newfound success they still have a long way to go to match Oklahoma and Minnesota.
1) Okie State
2) Iowa
3) Iowa State
4) Oklahoma
5) Minnesota
6) Michigan State (43 finalists, 133 AA's)
7) maybe Penn State

p.s. Mike, I've made a list for you. You can pm me.

Maybe
Classic Jammenz troll job in there. Here's his list of all-time programs (his reply starts with "despite"):

jammenzHR All-State
New

Not all PSU fans. The greatest "all time" wrestling programs are as follows:
  1. Oklahoma State
  2. Iowa
  3. Iowa State
  4. Penn State
  5. Others
Despite Penn State's newfound success they still have a long way to go to match Oklahoma and Minnesota.
1) Okie State
2) Iowa
3) Iowa State
4) Oklahoma
5) Minnesota
6) Michigan State (43 finalists, 133 AA's)
7) maybe Penn State

p.s. Mike, I've made a list for you. You can pm me.

Maybe hell swing through and give us his rating system. I have to imagine it includes a "bend" to Nat Dual titles

Maybe

Maybe hell swing through and give us his rating system. I have to imagine it includes a "bend" to Nat Dual titles
He's just getting lazy with his trolling. Michigan State???? We have almost as many champions as they have finalists, plus 70+ more AAs.

Also, while I'm not a titles trump all guy, if other metrics are close, more titles starts to be more of a trump card. I'd be interested in a comparison of the main metrics for the programs vying for #4 on the totem pole (AAs, individual champions, etc).

Penn State was winning titles and producing AAs before Gopher Wrestling was even a gleam in JRob's eye

He's just getting lazy with his trolling. Michigan State???? We have almost as many champions as they have finalists, plus 70+ more AAs.

Also, while I'm not a titles trump all guy, if other metrics are close, more titles starts to be more of a trump card. I'd be interested in a comparison of the main metrics for the programs vying for #4 on the totem pole (AAs, individual champions, etc).

Penn State was winning titles and producing AAs before Gopher Wrestling was even a gleam in JRob's eye

He might be getting lazy trolling but you still took the bait. :rolleyes:

El Jefe, I was curious to know how long you've been posting over on HR. I see you're lumped in with the good PSU fans that post there, along with Chickenman, Dice, Cali and even PSU1985. Are you all longtime posters who were there when Iowa was still winning championships and before Caels teams took over?

El Jefe, I was curious to know how long you've been posting over on HR. I see you're lumped in with the good PSU fans that post there, along with Chickenman, Dice, Cali and even PSU1985. Are you all longtime posters who were there when Iowa was still winning championships and before Caels teams took over?

that was a LONG time ago.....

I have been told I didnt follow the sport back then.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
The most amusing part is they responded to his accusations of being too thin skinned, by being extremely thin skinned. Great stuff.

Minnesota count (using some of Jammenz favorite metrics) - 22 champs, 44 finalists and 182 AAs

Little old Penn State? 37 champs, 76 finalists and 206 AAs.

Yup, our program is just a flash in the pan.

Last edited:
Minnesota count (using some of Jammenz favorite metrics) - 22 champs, 44 finalists and 182 AAs

So the bend is in National Dual titles and community service projects in the 3rd world.

Edit: the tie breaker is HWT championships w/ 2nd tie breaker 197 AA finishes.

Last edited:

Yes, but none of those Goofers were ranked higher than 15th in their weight in HS, where all of the Penn Staters were ranked #1 or #2 coming out.

So the bend is in National Dual titles and community service projects in the 3rd world.

Edit: the tie breaker is HWT championships w/ 2nd tie breaker 197 AA finishes.
I just did some more research and we are closer to 3rd than I thought. We have more individuals winners than both ISU and Ok, but they both have significantly more AAs (70-100 more). OU is tied with us on team titles and ISU has one more (plus the 2 biggest legends in the college sport were Clones). Even so, a few more titles and narrowing the AA gap and then its only a massive mountain to climb to Iowa and the Cowboys :(

Reactions: Dogwelder and Gebmo
I just did some more research and we are closer to 3rd than I thought. We have more individuals winners than both ISU and Ok, but they both have significantly more AAs (70-100 more). OU is tied with us on team titles and ISU has one more (plus the 2 biggest legends in the college sport were Clones). Even so, a few more titles and narrowing the AA gap and then its only a massive mountain to climb to Iowa and the Cowboys :(
Link or it didn't happen.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
The most amusing part is they responded to his accusations of being too thin skinned, by being extremely thin skinned. Great stuff.
Especially great part: posts complaining about PSU fans invading HR.

Or, to be more specific: the volume of such posts, cluttering HR. They're turning HR into what FOS became when every thread got hijacked by anti-KK screeds or accusations of posters being KK, long after KK and his multiple aliases had long disappeared.

True, but most of the Okie State titles were won during the Civil War era. Back then it was more like, "Hey Y'all, weze havin' ah wrastlin' turnment next week, y'll shud come". Then, depending on the weather, and whether a team could find Indian scouts for directions, they would appear and compete. It was sorta like a "long bus ride" and yes, the referee's were local, but never, ever biased. That's the way I remember it at least.

I have to give Mike credit too. Someone posted a Sandusky meme and I responded with a picture of said poster (a jackass) and he removed both posts and didn't ban me (yet).
it's like watching a " Replacements" re-run. I understand what Roar was saying about forum fragility now.

ADVERTISEMENT