ADVERTISEMENT

Good analysis if depth chart on defense going into Spring and then Fall (link-Lof10)

Anyone getting excited about this squad in 2019/20? Very young but so potentially good.. or even great... if expected talent is realized on the field. I'm looking at 2019 where there is the potential on paper for this to be one of the very best in psu history. my opinion, granted, but hard to ignore the signs.

This D should be very good next year but has a bunch of question marks... barring injury/departures, 19/20 should be off the hook.

Oh wait... i'm sure michigan still has the youngest team in the league... lol.

Anyone getting excited about this squad in 2019/20? Very young but so potentially good.. or even great... if expected talent is realized on the field. I'm looking at 2019 where there is the potential on paper for this to be one of the very best in psu history. my opinion, granted, but hard to ignore the signs.

This D should be very good next year but has a bunch of question marks... barring injury/departures, 19/20 should be off the hook.

Oh wait... i'm sure michigan still has the youngest team in the league... lol.

Agree about the bright outlook and level of talent going forward.

The big caveat for 2019 is at QB. Tommy Stephens could be great (or he could be elsewhere) and the next man up would be inexperienced.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Agree about the bright outlook and level of talent going forward.

The big caveat for 2019 is at QB. Tommy Stephens could be great (or he could be elsewhere) and the next man up would be inexperienced.

About all we know about Stevens is that he a big, fast, athletic QB. Can he make the throws to lead his team down the field in a big game against a great defense? Can he read defenses and go through his progressions fast enough to be effective? We really don't know. I'm looking forward to seeing him lead the PSU offense, but although he looks to be a great #2 QB we won't know for sure until 2019 unless Trace gets hurt..... As you said, when you are transitioning to a new QB it really is hard to predict a peak of success for the team....

Whats the deal with Manny? There was talk he may earn his way back. Is he still enrolled at PSU?

Coach James Franklin is recruiting lights out. This team is building a depth chart on par with the perennial power houses which is why I believe you'll be in the playoff's real soon, hopefully a NC game. Bottom line PSU is back.

ADVERTISEMENT