ADVERTISEMENT

Golden State is 53-5 now. They've played 34 of 58 games on the road.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
Golden State is obviously amazing, and Steph Curry is from another planet. What sticks out to me looking at the stats is they are 53-5 having played 34 of their 58 games on the road. They are 24-0 at home and 29-5 on the road. As expected, they have a lot of home games coming down the stretch, so as if it matters, they should get to rest a bit heading into the playoffs. Expect many more wins in the final 24 regular-season games. 73-9 looks to be an insult.

first professional game I watched from start to finish in 5 years.....I could not turn away from watching Curry, Klay, Durrant, Westbrook and the rest. Durrant and Curry were unbelievable and Curry has to be the best shooter in the history of the NBA....Klay thompson might be the second best ever.......

Exciting stuff.

first professional game I watched from start to finish in 5 years.....I could not turn away from watching Curry, Klay, Durrant, Westbrook and the rest. Durrant and Curry were unbelievable and Curry has to be the best shooter in the history of the NBA....Klay thompson might be the second best ever.......

Exciting stuff.

I never watch the NBA, so I missed the game last night. However, I've watched the highlights three times. That was some great basketball last night. Now I will be checking the TV schedule to see when Golden State is on next.

Reactions: simons96
I never watch the NBA, so I missed the game last night. However, I've watched the highlights three times. That was some great basketball last night. Now I will be checking the TV schedule to see when Golden State is on next.

if I can register ONE complaint . . . a few of the foul calls on Durant were a little ridiculous, and you hate to see a player of his caliber foul out of a close game like that

Until the semifinals last year I hadn't watched a NBA game except in passing for probably 15 years. But after watching GS last year its must see TV for me and my 13 yr old daughter! When SC hit the 3 to win the game last night she screamed!! They are alot of fun to watch.

if I can register ONE complaint . . . a few of the foul calls on Durant were a little ridiculous, and you hate to see a player of his caliber foul out of a close game like that

That sucks. Is OKC the PSU of the NBA?

If Curry is above the half court line he is a threat. It is completely insane. He isn't human and if he keeps heading the way he is he isn't just going to be thought of one of the best shooters ever. He is transcending.

In his last two games, Curry has scored 95 points on 51 shots and is 22/31 on three-pointers. Watch him play an entire game; he gets around five back-door layups a game, usually Green is the guy feeding him. The only player I've ever seen with his kind of range is Downtown Freddie Brown, and SC is such a great ballhandler that if you play him tight he'll go by you and the court is wide open. The only other player who could mesmerize me the way he did was Pete Maravich, and Curry is a far superior defensive player.

One thing about the Warriors, they're professionals. Both Curry and Thompson are sons of former pros and Green plays hard and smart every single minute.

If Curry is above the half court line he is a threat. It is completely insane. He isn't human and if he keeps heading the way he is he isn't just going to be thought of one of the best shooters ever. He is transcending.

Curry is phenomenally talented, but some of the blame goes on OKC coaching staff.

As soon as GS grabs that rebound off a OKC missed shot with under 10 seconds left, SOMEONE should immediately find Curry and keep the ball out of his hands

that should have been drilled into their heads during that last TO . . .

I started another three on this, i did not see this one first.

The guy can shoot the 3. He is the best quick long distance shooter I've ever seen. Greatest player, hardly?
I do think as more and more kids model his style we will see a great deal more 3s in every game. Maybe they should start making dunk or hook shots 3 points. What about a fade away - I think that has to be a 3 maybe a 4.
The game is a lot more like a 3-point shooting contest. Why the hell are the 76ers drafting big men. Get some little guys to SHOOT the 3. But, VERY lazy defense played on Curry all game. But it is entertaining and that is the real purpose of the NBA. Less about the sport more about ticket sales. Who wants to pay to see the old NBA with Big Men blocking shots and shooting hook shots, etc.

Last edited:
Curry right now is not the best player in the NBA (IMO), James with his size, rebounding and defense is the best player in the NBA right now. Curry is the most fun to watch. His 3 point shot is ready to go once he gets past half court, and if you play him close he goes around you for a lay up or to set up Thompson, Iguldala or Green for an uncontested 3 or an easy 2.

To say that his success was due to lazy defense is really not fair, he made a ton of contested 3s some 5-6 feet behind the arc. His game is so complete that you cannot be too much in his face because he dribbles so well and is so quick you have to give him the contested 3s and hope that he is having an off night.

Curry right now is not the best player in the NBA (IMO), James with his size, rebounding and defense is the best player in the NBA right now. Curry is the most fun to watch. His 3 point shot is ready to go once he gets past half court, and if you play him close he goes around you for a lay up or to set up Thompson, Iguldala or Green for an uncontested 3 or an easy 2.

To say that his success was due to lazy defense is really not fair, he made a ton of contested 3s some 5-6 feet behind the arc. His game is so complete that you cannot be too much in his face because he dribbles so well and is so quick you have to give him the contested 3s and hope that he is having an off night.

no, I was saying on that final play, the defense completely failed. Curry was not running around any picks set for him, he was wide open to receive an outlet pass and dribbling up the court. The defender that was assigned to him was about 10 feet away before realizing he was not actually GUARDING the best long range shooter in the NBA in the final seconds of a tie game.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
Golden State is obviously amazing, and Steph Curry is from another planet. What sticks out to me looking at the stats is they are 53-5 having played 34 of their 58 games on the road. They are 24-0 at home and 29-5 on the road. As expected, they have a lot of home games coming down the stretch, so as if it matters, they should get to rest a bit heading into the playoffs. Expect many more wins in the final 24 regular-season games. 73-9 looks to be an insult.

In his prime, Michael Jordan would have eaten Steph Curry for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a game of one-on-one.

Don't kid yourself.

In his last two games, Curry has scored 95 points on 51 shots and is 22/31 on three-pointers. Watch him play an entire game; he gets around five back-door layups a game, usually Green is the guy feeding him. The only player I've ever seen with his kind of range is Downtown Freddie Brown, and SC is such a great ballhandler that if you play him tight he'll go by you and the court is wide open. The only other player who could mesmerize me the way he did was Pete Maravich, and Curry is a far superior defensive player.

One thing about the Warriors, they're professionals. Both Curry and Thompson are sons of former pros and Green plays hard and smart every single minute.

George the "IceMan' Gerving had similar range sir.

Stephen Curry from 30+ feet this season: 11-22 (50%)

The rest of the NBA from 30+ feet this season entering Saturday: 53-669 (7.9%)

No doubt Curry has amazing range, but I bet most of those 30-foot-plus shots from the rest of the league are Hail Marys at the buzzer.

Reactions: TheGLOV
You have to wonder, though, what kind of ceiling he has. I can't imagine him getting all that much better than he is now and the defensive schemes he's going to see going forward are only going to get better.

I was starting to think that last year with his MVP season. It's not out of the question that he could win most improved player as well as his 2nd MVP. I am done putting expectations on him I think. haha

He has had "ceiling" thing made in comments about him since high school. He keeps busting through to the next level.

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT