ADVERTISEMENT

Going to need another LB recruit ??

News is news when it comes from a source of knowledge not a speculator. I know this is foreign to many these days..... Do we need a new Qb and OL recruit? lol

how does this relate to PSU???? he is still in HS and not a student at PSU. why does it impact his commitment to PSU?
I'm not sure the question is around his commitment or if it's around the offer. Dorian Hardy lost his scholarship opportunity for a similar situation

I'm not sure the question is around his commitment or if it's around the offer. Dorian Hardy lost his scholarship opportunity for a similar situation

a player getting into a fight (unless it turns criminal) does not seem to be something that should impact an offer from PSU. we are not recruiting Boy Scouts. would any of our competitors pull and offer on a key player due to a fight in HS?

a player getting into a fight (unless it turns criminal) does not seem to be something that should impact an offer from PSU. we are not recruiting Boy Scouts. would any of our competitors pull and offer on a key player due to a fight in HS?
Actually you aren't recruiting anyone. I imagine they will do their homework and go from there. Maybe you haven't been paying attention to him, but Bowen and Blacknall missing the bowl games. He kicked off he walk on DE that was making progress this year too. You want to prison team and I don't think that is what this HC has in mind.

Reactions: THEEHMANN
Really...a similar situation. Give us all the details you know in each case...please.
Seriously??? Relax... Or do you believe your job is to monitor and curb the thought process of everyone on this board. It's been widely reported that Tarburton got into a fight, Dorian Hardy got into a fight thus the word 'similar'. You are overestimating your importance. This is a message board where people share information, no one else cares as much as you think they do.

Seriously??? Relax... Or do you believe your job is to monitor and curb the thought process of everyone on this board. It's been widely reported that Tarburton got into a fight, Dorian Hardy got into a fight thus the word 'similar'. You are overestimating your importance. This is a message board where people share information, no one else cares as much as you think they do.

What thought process? If I make a statement here that two situations here are similar and you know otherwise, please feel free to ask me what I know to come to such a conclusion.

how does this relate to PSU???? he is still in HS and not a student at PSU. why does it impact his commitment to PSU?
Dunno. I have no knowledge of the circumstances of said possible brawl. I suppose the speculation is that under certain circumstances an offer might be pulled, since it happened previously with a different recruit. All speculation.

If it's just a fight between teammates, that is one thing. I could see why a coach would suspend a player for that, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's a criminal. Now, if it turns into an assault charge, that's a different story. The devil is in the details.

But we can sure use some real LBers like him, as opposed to corners that we hope grow into Backers.

yes for sure we haven't recruited many LB sized players that can come onto the field early. we need these guys to be ready in their FR/SOPH years given our depth.

Reactions: PSU65
Wrong. He will drop 10 lbs and be a career lb.
Tarburton's high school coach said he thinks Nick will be 6'7". 288lbs by his JR year at PSU. I guess time will tell.

As Delco says, time will tell. Offhand, I can't remember a PSU player who played at a lower weight than he was in high school.

A number of very good programs have prospered by turning safety prospects into LBs, turning LB prospects into Defensive Ends, Defensive Ends into interior linemen, etc.

Pennridge gave a valiant effort tonight losing 28-20 to Garnet Valley. Tarburton would have made a huge difference in this game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT