ADVERTISEMENT

Going to ask the unthinkable…

tlbakernc

Sep 10, 2019
Mooresville NC
I have a life long friend who has struggled with cancer for the past 6/8 years. He’s had 3 extensive abdominal surgeries. His first surgery was 3/4 hours. Doctors closed him up knowing they couldn’t get all the cancer. They literally dumped chemo into his open body to kill what they couldn’t get. He found a great surgeon at Pitt. 1 or 2 years later he had second procedure that lasted 4/5 hours. Cancer returned this past spring. This week the doctor at Pitt performed a 10 hour surgery. Doctor feels good about the procedure. He’s a huge Pitt fan. Going to ask our fan base to cheer on Pitt this week in honor of Frank. May he live a long life.

I have no problems at all with the U of Pitt, and especially their medical school - one of the best in the country. They gave my dad an extra 10 years of life with their innovative cancer treatment. Yes, their fans are loopy, but we all can put petty rivalries aside where human life is concerned. If a Pitt win is good medicine - and I believe it is - then absolutely, I hope they win.

My heartfelt thoughts and prayers for your friend, his family, and for his many friends as you all support him through this tough time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT