ADVERTISEMENT

Go ahead...give me your predictions for 2021 PSU Football.....

We finished #12 in the CFP rankings.

Those don't account for bowl games. And there's no preseason CFP poll.

So I guess if you want to use that metric, go for it. Seems inconsistent. I'm comparing AP to AP. Coaches to coaches.

I saw ESPN's initial FPI has PSU at #10. I suspect we'll fall somewhere in the 13-18 range once the AP and coaches polls come out. Just a hunch. If we go 9-3 per my guess -- of course, depending on how we look in those wins and losses -- that probably puts us in the 12-15 range.

PSU has more talent than Wisky, only team in the BIG10 with more talent than PSU is O$U.

That is true -- PSU should be the second most talented team in the Big Ten based on recruiting rankings and the like.

But of course, we were more talented than Iowa, Indiana, Maryland, and Nebraska last year, too. Or Minnesota the year before. Or MSU before that. Or Kentucky. And so forth. And we beat Michigan teams that were arguably more talented than us. So, there are obvious limitations to that metric.

Wisconsin will be very good defensively, and Jalen Berger showed flashes of being very good last year. If Mertz regains his swagger and the Wisconsin run game clicks, they could be a typical 9 to 10-win Wisconsin team. That game will be a seriously tough opening day test.

That is true -- PSU should be the second most talented team in the Big Ten based on recruiting rankings and the like.

But of course, we were more talented than Iowa, Indiana, Maryland, and Nebraska last year, too. Or Minnesota the year before. Or MSU before that. Or Kentucky. And so forth. And we beat Michigan teams that were arguably more talented than us. So, there are obvious limitations to that metric.

Wisconsin will be very good defensively, and Jalen Berger showed flashes of being very good last year. If Mertz regains his swagger and the Wisconsin run game clicks, they could be a typical 9 to 10-win Wisconsin team. That game will be a seriously tough opening day test.
All good points, better work on tackling like now

Reactions: indynittany
First, I am concerned about the staff. They looked unprepared, disinterested, and like they wanted to quit and go home at times last year. I don’t know what that was or why it happened, but that was alarming. If that happens again and the players check out as a result, look out below.

The d line recruiting has been awful for years and that is a killer in close games. Having freak 4 star athletes is nice, but sometimes you need good football players who show up and just beat people consistently. I don’t think we have any of those guys so we are going to be at a disadvantage if the offense isn’t blowing people out.

I think Clifford surprises, but mostly from Cain returning and the two sophomore WRs finding their groove while Dotson gets doubled. I also think our former TE was overrated in that he was just a big target who didn’t make plays. So Sean benefits from his departure as he has to find new people to throw to and some of those guys can be dynamic with YAC.

Losses to Wisconsin, Auburn, Iowa, and OSU. 8-4.

How many years has Texas been the most talented team on paper in the country? How high do most places rank the talent on Georgia's roster?

And when was the last time we lost to Wisconsin? Doesn't their easy B1G West and OOC schedule mean anything?

I see 10-2 being a realistic finish. However, if the stars align for the Nittany Lion’s on 10/30 an undefeated season is not out of the question.

ADVERTISEMENT