ADVERTISEMENT

Gilman got pinned again by a Gopher?

He thought he was on his way to an easy 10-0 tech fall and got sloppy with a gut wrench. Sanders hipped over and stuck him (would not have been a Fall in folkstyle, at least not at the point it was called).

Gilman is trying to improve his mat wrestling. He has relied on takedowns only most of his career. He is going to make some mistakes along the way as he takes more chances. Anybody thinking Thomas Gilman won't learn and adjust from that mistake doesn't know Thomas Gilman. He is searching for answers in his quest to conquer a loaded 57 with Spencer Lee in the drivers seat. He can't give himself a chance if he doesn't try new things along the way.

Gilman is trying to improve his mat wrestling. He has relied on takedowns only most of his career. He is going to make some mistakes along the way as he takes more chances. Anybody thinking Thomas Gilman won't learn and adjust from that mistake doesn't know Thomas Gilman. He is searching for answers in his quest to conquer a loaded 57 with Spencer Lee in the drivers seat. He can't give himself a chance if he doesn't try new things along the way.
You are so understanding and patient. My son would want you to adopt him. :)

Yes, this.

The other thing to remember is that these matches don't count to Gilman. Of course he wants to win, but they're not World Team Trials or the like.

It's the perfect time to try stuff against live opponents outside the room. Or to just let it fly. Kinda like how Quentin Wright threw the kitchen sink at Wilps in the All-Star match and got pinned -- and won the national title that year.

Yes, this.

The other thing to remember is that these matches don't count to Gilman. Of course he wants to win, but they're not World Team Trials or the like.

It's the perfect time to try stuff against live opponents outside the room. Or to just let it fly. Kinda like how Quentin Wright threw the kitchen sink at Wilps in the All-Star match and got pinned -- and won the national title that year.
You and James. Shame on the both of you. This thread was initiated not to use intelligence nor demonstrate an understanding of the situation. It was a look at what I vicariously accomplished and expressed with a distinct absence of intelligence and understanding. You just ruined it.

Stuff like this happens in freestyle (wrestling in general but especially freestyle) Identical thing happened to Gabe Dean and he just beat Bo and gave DT one of the tougher matches I've seen DT wrestle.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Better, and appropriate.

thumb_now-beavis-and-butthead-ifyou-could-grow-any-type-of-30839635.png

He thought he was on his way to an easy 10-0 tech fall and got sloppy with a gut wrench. Sanders hipped over and stuck him (would not have been a Fall in folkstyle, at least not at the point it was called).
Thank you for how it went down

You and James. Shame on the both of you. This thread was initiated not to use intelligence nor demonstrate an understanding of the situation. It was a look at what I vicariously accomplished and expressed with a distinct absence of intelligence and understanding. You just ruined it.
You don't know my intensions with this thread, so STFU you keyboard tool!!

Gilman has regressed since he made the shitty move east. No doubt about it. :)
Gilman can go back to Iowannabe if he feels so. I don’t think you’d see a slew of US team starters there for more than a month if they didn’t see additive value, and growth potential. Wrestling is not like string theory.

Yes, this.

According to Nomad, these matches count for seeding purposes which I don't think should since I feel all these matches are more as you describe, are for training purposes.

I'm not sure if Nomad is stating fact or speculating.

According to Nomad, these matches count for seeding purposes which I don't think should since I feel all these matches are more as you describe, are for training purposes.

Just one more thing Gilman doesn't care about.

Ahhhh. I hurt your feelings? So are you a Metallica fan, or big into AC/DC?
Yah, I'm sensitive. I think Metallica and AC/DC are good. But, my handle is from a song written by Jerry Joseph. My favorite band Widespread Panic plays it sometimes:

The Nick should be seeded over Eireman

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
ADVERTISEMENT