ADVERTISEMENT

Gillman is a punk B?tch

You mean pushing the guy out that wouldn't get up off the mat after Gilman intentionally released him?

Originally posted by Jetts PSU Stars:
This kid a punk from the gate. Get real.
You know that as well.
Gilman wrestles hard as hell and with an attitude but he is not a punk. I'm pretty honest about my guys...if that was what you were referring to, Gilman intentionally released him, Lizak (trying to tick seconds off the clock) would not stand up and face him at the edge of the match so Gilman went back to him and bulldozed him out of bounds for the restart.

Nice name calling maybe should report u to Williy
wink.r191677.gif

Really Mn should not have put that true freshman out there and Gillman didn't do anything wrong. The kid did not want to stand up and turn to face really reff should have called some stalling at that point.
Don't understand why people have to go to name calling have a good nite.

Think we have different definitions of where the line is...Lizak looked fully out (and Gilman too).

Gilman's a bit of a talker. And Gibbons mentioned something about Gilman going into/behind the Golpher huddle (I didn't see it so I don't know how bad it is). I can see how the attitude is off-putting. He's definitely not a b-word though, that's for sure.

That being said I like watching him wrestle when he actually wrestles (i.e. not vs. Dance)

Preseason his mouth was a clown. Vs. Joey Dance he was a clown. And yes, what he did prematch was a joke.
Miniature Mike Evans.

Did we maybe have a few too many tonight? Calling out a 21 year old kid?

By the way, there was more to the "preseason comments" than you know. The only one that comes off like a "clown" is a person who has to bag on a college kid.

As the Flo crew would say, "Really bro?"

Lzak punked out after the first min. JRob partially to blame sticking him out there vs Gillman. But cmon on man, Lzak probably shaved 20-30 sec off the clock by that pt. What else was he to do when other won't face or stand up? Stick a hand out to help him up?

Lizak was so pale he was like the anti-Buckeye

Brother needs some sun-lamp time to approach even Mike Evans' hue.

The rest of this season will be quite the learning experience for him - he should punch Brancale in the face for not making weight and making him burn his redshirt and get beaten up dual after dual.

Physically, Lizak looks like a boy among men. If ever a kid needed a redshirt year to mature, this was it. I hope he stays positive and keeps pushing through it as he's a tough kid.

This post was edited on 1/31 9:13 AM by PSUAllTheWay

Originally posted by PSUAllTheWay:
Physically, Lezak looks like a boy among men. If ever a kid needed a redshirt year to mature, this was it. I hope he stays positive and keeps pushing through it as he's a tough kid.
Agree completely as I root for all PA kids, But wow, he is going to need to be very tough mentally to overcome a beating like that. I am sure he will, but this may be a long season.

Really makes you think about how special guys like nico and Zain are when they wrestled as good as they did as true fresh.
Btw I'm sure Gillman is a fine young man, relax Iowa posters. You folks do an incredible about of flame throwing yourselves.

Here it is fellas. There is no call for throwing around terms like that, Iowa fans treat us with respect and we are duty bound to do the same. Am I in love with Gilman and Evans, no, but they are REALLY good wrestlers. Ask yourself, if one of our guys was trying an intentional release and the other guy wouldn't turn and face, what would we say? We would be the first to call stalling or have our guy push him away. I hate when I look at the boards and see a post like this. I know personally some ot the guys on the Iowa board from the national tournaments and they are knowledgable and respectful of our team. So in the words of Rodney King, "Why can't we all get along."

Just to throw out a scenario: let's say hypothetically Brown cut Evans, and Evans just sat there and refused to move.

This is what Brown would do to Evans. And we'd applaud it.

gemina_2.jpg

Hey Goldbanger good to see you post again.
I finally got ok from Dr. so will be coming to St Louis.
Have to stay at Marriot Airport about a 20 min ride on metro link.
Seats don't know yet since late getting ok to go will most likely be up high lol
Hope me and Dan run into you guys again this year always a fun time talking wrestling with you guys.
Good luck and don't treat or beat up on the Hawks in a few weeks..Take care.

When Gilman was announced he walked past the center circle, so Lizak started walking out to meet him to prevent Gilman from going into the huddle like he did last year(and then Brancale served him some pancakes). Gilman walked right by Lizak and into the Gopher huddle.

His in match actions didn't bother me.

I was in attendance. Scratched my head wondering why he was in the Gophers huddle. No one else for either squad did that . Is that common or just Gillman's move?

Originally posted by grappler6:
When Gilman was announced he walked past the center circle, so Lizak started walking out to meet him to prevent Gilman from going into the huddle like he did last year(and then Brancale served him some pancakes). Gilman walked right by Lizak and into the Gopher huddle.

His in match actions didn't bother me.
My take as well, The in match aggressiveness is not something I will criticize. Gilman was trying to destroy mentally a wrestler from a rival school that he will probably be wrestling for the next 2 1/2 years. We would want our wrestlers to go after and through the opponent if he was wrestling as lizak was. (I felt bad for Lizak though and do not blame him for trying to slow things down the way he was)

That being said...the before match crap, huddle crap of Gilman is very shady. It shows lack of character and I would not want PSU wrestlers to act like that. Could you imagine how chaotic the sport would be if most wrestlers acted this way? Think about it, Gilman does what he did, Minnesota wrestler pushes him down, Iowa bench clears and then god knows what?? People who defend such behavior are either Iowa fans that are being Hypocritical (would they really think is was great if rolls were reversed) or people who are also of lower moral character...Harsh Yes, but class like Buroughs is what is good for the sport. Now in MMA or Professional wrestling villians are a great thing.

I think Gilman's actions as a whole reflect badly on the team and Im more than a little surprised 1) that Brands doesn't nip this in the bud 2) That the BIG authorities don't repremand the action 3) that there is not a rule in place to penalize such behavior. Personally I'd like to see a one match suspension and if it coincides with the BIG or NCAAs, you get what you deserve!

And for macho fans who think this is acceptable....BORISH!

Also surprised 4) he got out of the Goofer huddle intact.

Once upon a time, he would've been lucky to escape with just this:

The+Simpsons+30-e.png

Originally posted by El-Jefe:
Also surprised 4) he got out of the Goofer huddle intact.

Once upon a time, he would've been lucky to escape with just this:

ec
Agree if Minn tried that crap on UIowa somebody would have gotten their ass kicked.I was there and didnt like it but cant believe somebody didnt thump him.Gophs that's your bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT