ADVERTISEMENT

Gibson to Cornell

Not to look too far into the future, but my initial reaction to this news (confirmed by the Flo press release) is that this has the potential to be bigger than just one stud...

In addition to Erik, you have his two younger brothers (Mason: 2019 Super 32 Champion; #1 prospect on the JH Big board; Melvin: Has been a PJW finalist in each of his last two appearances, winning the title in 2018).

Furthermore, their cousins, the Bassetts are also huge prospects...Bo is the #7 on the Junior High Board; Keegan is like a 3-4x Youth State Champ.

Finally, the last piece of the puzzle is the solid relationship between Young Guns (where Mr. Bassett used to coach) and the Compound, which he currently owns/operates....

By landing one, Koll may have set himself up for an entire generation of future stars.

Not to look too far into the future, but my initial reaction to this news (confirmed by the Flo press release) is that this has the potential to be bigger than just one stud...

In addition to Erik, you have his two younger brothers (Mason: 2019 Super 32 Champion; #1 prospect on the JH Big board; Melvin: Has been a PJW finalist in each of his last two appearances, winning the title in 2018).

Furthermore, their cousins, the Bassetts are also huge prospects...Bo is the #7 on the Junior High Board; Keegan is like a 3-4x Youth State Champ.

Finally, the last piece of the puzzle is the solid relationship between Young Guns (where Mr. Bassett used to coach) and the Compound, which he currently owns/operates....

By landing one, Koll may have set himself up for an entire generation of future stars.

Young Guns pipeline to Iowa:

tenor.gif

This! Did not know the Bassett move bit, but was aware of some of those dominoes.

Bummer. Ironically Erik may be the lowest graded prospect out of the bunch. Still time for Cael to work some magic but will be tough for a kid to pass up an Ivy League education. Forest Hills has LOTS of talent in the pipeline.

I've been saying we need to tap into that room for a while now.

Damn. I was hoping Coach Strayer might be able to get him to PSU, but I guess not. As mentioned above, his younger brothers and the Bassetts are probably bigger prizes.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Bummer. Ironically Erik may be the lowest graded prospect out of the bunch. Still time for Cael to work some magic but will be tough for a kid to pass up an Ivy League education. Forest Hills has LOTS of talent in the pipeline.
And if you want to go somewhere to win an individual NC, the first place you look at is PSU. The second is Cornell, since Koll is #2 after Cael arrived at PSU.

Cael and psu should give up now

Was re-reading some old threads about the Gibson’s and Bassett’s and I have a couple of questions for board.

What were the circumstances of Mason Gibson moving to M2 club, he was at Young Guns with his cousin Bo, correct?

Second, if the Bassett’s and Gibson’s are at different wrestling clubs, wouldn’t that reduce the chances of all of them going to the same school - Cornell?

Was re-reading some old threads about the Gibson’s and Bassett’s and I have a couple of questions for board.

What were the circumstances of Mason Gibson moving to M2 club, he was at Young Guns with his cousin Bo, correct?

Second, if the Bassett’s and Gibson’s are at different wrestling clubs, wouldn’t that reduce the chances of all of them going to the same school - Cornell?
This isn't how clubs work. A lot of guys train at more than one club.

Agreed, the Big Red gonna run off 4 titles in a row shortly, let’s run. At least we got a backup 197 from them
these kids are rolling the dice going to Cornell----would not surprise me if they canceled winter sports again, watch Gabe Dean podcast, this will open your eyes on Cornell. It would not surprise me if Cornell tried to pull the same stunt that Stanford did.

• Haha
Reactions: tewlepz
these kids are rolling the dice going to Cornell----would not surprise me if they canceled winter sports again, watch Gabe Dean podcast, this will open your eyes on Cornell. It would not surprise me if Cornell tried to pull the same stunt that Stanford did.
It would surprise everyone. When counting athletic power brokers at schools, you always get the FB/BB head coaches. At Cornell.......he's sitting in Friedman wrestling complex, the only standalone college wrestling facility in the country....and he's adding to the building.

When he retires, maybe....but not today.

The kids in the Ivies did take the royal shaft. It wasn't school specific, but league based. And zero communication. I can't imagine them abandoning all sports again, though, unless the pandemic takes an ugly turn again...or they just say goodbye to all sports....including the hallowed rowing teams. Anyone seeing THAT happen? lol

They wouldn’t be rolling the dice on a quality education

Sorry, but when you are standing up for personal FREEDOMS--you never sound like a little b**ch
Yeah, he sounded like a whiny b****. What FREEDOMS was he standing up for? The right to not get vaccinated? Nobody is making him or his brother get vaccinated. His right not to do his job and enforce school COVID protocols? The right to not obey the COVID contract the entire Cornell community agreed to?

Same thing I was wondering. Do the Bassett’s follow the Gibsons. I know Bo is practically driving to practice as a 7th grader but how is he only ranked as the 7th best middle school kid?? Even tho I hate that they rank kids this young (and younger), it’s just as bad if not worse in other sports, who are the kids ahead of him? I’m ashamed to admit I’m actually interested in knowing this lol.

Reactions: tewlepz
Same thing I was wondering. Do the Bassett’s follow the Gibsons. I know Bo is practically driving to practice as a 7th grader but how is he only ranked as the 7th best middle school kid?? Even tho I hate that they rank kids this young (and younger), it’s just as bad if not worse in other sports, who are the kids ahead of him? I’m ashamed to admit I’m actually interested in knowing this lol.
Rankings...
#1 mini Ditka
#2 charles Norris III
#3 Bruce Wayne Jr
#4 'lil' danny hodge
#5 ivan drago-cortez
#6 wayne Gable
#7 bo bassett

Sorry, but when you are standing up for personal FREEDOMS--you never sound like a little b**ch

“You will not infringe upon my right to worship Chloe Kardashian as a diety! Now get out of here and don’t step on my skirt when you leave,” said a man who is definitely not a little b**ch because he is sTaNdInG uP fOr HiS pErSoNaL fReEdOmS

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT