ADVERTISEMENT

Getting to Beaver Stadium disaster yesterday...

I came in via Toftrees and expected a back log of traffic but it wasn't too bad. The real problem there was people without the proper permit. When they came through, the police had to stop traffic so those people could turn around. Once I got onto Fox Hollow it was a breeze. A good thing about Toftrees is that it's a single lane for the whole distance so there isn't the typical bottleneck caused by two or three lanes of traffic trying to merge into one.

Thankfully I don't need to drive to the games, but I was really surprised yesterday morning to see traffic on I-99 north backed up to the Toftrees exit. Apparently from all directions yesterday the new parking plan was a 100% disaster.
Just the opposite for me. Arrived at Toftrees exit around 10:20 and proceeded thru Toftrees until we got to the area where the police were turning people around who didn't have the right parking pass. Probably 1 in 3 were turned away. Way too many people there who should have known better. We proceeded with minimal delays all the way to our parking lot. Best day in years for getting in and out of the North zone.

Park in lot 12. Three straight weeks straight in no issues. So far best parking in last 20 years. People need to understand that sometimes you take some back streets to get to same point.

Reactions: jayhimes
It was very nice of the PSU VP of Game Day experience to start the game late due to the parking issues.........to allow for a few more minutes of tailgating and to get into the stadium.

Reactions: BBrown
10AM. No problems driving through Toftrees, down fox hollow via North zone parking. Few cars turned away by police but overall very happy getting to lot 22

It was very nice of the PSU VP of Game Day experience to start the game late due to the parking issues.........to allow for a few more minutes of tailgating and to get into the stadium.
Yes, VP Mother Nature really came in to save the day on that.

Thankfully I don't need to drive to the games, but I was really surprised yesterday morning to see traffic on I-99 north backed up to the Toftrees exit. Apparently from all directions yesterday the new parking plan was a 100% disaster.

Everyone I overheard at the game said it was an unmitigated disaster.
I park out by Scenery Park and I have never, ever seen so many cars parked out there, ever even our Michigan OSU night games.
I'm not sure what will happen if it continues. I figured the businesses that are out there never cared much because they were closed and it was only a few cars that would park in their lots but I wonder how much longer they will allow that?

After parking and having a brew I walked up to Bigler and Park and watched state troopers have to turn numerous E and N permits. Every person with one of those proceeded to try to argue. I am guessing for each one of those traffic was stopped 25-45 seconds. Add that x whatever number and it is easy to guess that jackasses impacted fellow fans at least 15-30 minutes that direction.

After parking and having a brew I walked up to Bigler and Park and watched state troopers have to turn numerous E and N permits. Every person with one of those proceeded to try to argue. I am guessing for each one of those traffic was stopped 25-45 seconds. Add that x whatever number and it is easy to guess that jackasses impacted fellow fans at least 15-30 minutes that direction.

The arguing cracks me up. The route to be used is printed on the back of the pass. If the user doesn't see it and is unsure where to go, they could easily find out by checking gopsusports.com beforehand. Still, some people think they can arrive any way the feel like and expect the cops to allow them to pass "just because". When they are stopped and told to turn around they argue because they are trying to save face due to being outed as the unprepared goober that they are.

Same here for the N lots. Every car turned around needed an explanation on why they couldn't proceed into the N parking zone. Lots of wasted time. If people did not notice, the major people crossing at Park, Porter and Fox Hollow was closed to traffic. No need to stop anyone when there are no cars allowed.

Unless I missed it, I did not see mention of the traffic on 99 South at about 9:30. It was backed up to Shilo Road. I jumped off and got to Fox Hollow via the back roads past the airport.

Fox Hollow was pretty good. Backed up a little as we approached Toftrees turn, but it moved. Overall, I like parking in the North zone.

Reactions: Pocono Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT