ADVERTISEMENT

Getting message saying iCloud almost full...

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
is this typically from photos, texts, or something else? What is the best way to free up space so my technology lifestyle isn’t impacted?

is this typically from photos, texts, or something else? What is the best way to free up space so my technology lifestyle isn’t impacted?
If you go to iCloud settings it will tell you where it's being used. And you'll be able to see how close you're getting to running out of space. I'm getting the same message myself. I'm sure I'll end up buying more space--I think it's something like .99 per month for I think 50 Gigs (I could be wrong about the number) instead of the 5 that they give you.

Reactions: meanmiJ01
If you go to iCloud settings it will tell you where it's being used. And you'll be able to see how close you're getting to running out of space. I'm getting the same message myself. I'm sure I'll end up buying more space--I think it's something like .99 per month for I think 50 Gigs (I could be wrong about the number) instead of the 5 that they give you.
I’m almost out of that extra 50 gigs. Somehow iCloud sets itself to capture whatever possible. And it’s v time consuming to move the data out of iCloud. Apple makes good products and is adept at milking its customers.
Good luck.

it’s not easy to free up space in iCloud, nothing like what you can do on a PC. It is, however, easy to pay more to kick the can down the curb. I tried temporarily and now I have the same problem, only bigger.
Good luck

It’s part of the scam. That extra 50 gigs costs them nothing, but everyone pays the $12 a year to stop getting the damn messages every time you delete a photo or do anything.

Reactions: 91Joe95
It’s part of the scam. That extra 50 gigs costs them nothing, but everyone pays the $12 a year to stop getting the damn messages every time you delete a photo or do anything.

Apple is a scam in general.

Reactions: gogolion

Not everyone. :)

As mentioned above, $.99 gets you a sh*t ton of storage. Worth it IMO.

Nothing worse than continuously getting that annoying message every time you pick up your phone

It's actually the rare good deal from Apple. $12 a year for 50gig is the best price out there for that much cloud backup (or was last time I checked).

However, if you have Amazon prime and the only thing you need to back up from your phone is photos, you get free unlimited photo storage on Prime Photos. And it works automatically every time you're in wifi range. Everything you take with your phone just ends up there.

Google gives you a pretty generous 15 gb of storage, but after that, buying storage from Google isn't the best deal out there. Same with Dropbox and others. Haven't checked on Microsoft lately, they might have a good deal for whatever they call their service.

Why not just turn off iCloud backup? You can set your phone to sync with iTunes automatically whenever they're on the same wi-fi network and you plug in your phone. No more alert messages and you're still backing up your data locally.

Reactions: psu7113
ADVERTISEMENT