ADVERTISEMENT

Get your transfer here...

add the ability to transfer without sitting a year, and any player with high accolades out of HS that is not on track at a school will contemplate leaving.

This is the way it should be. I can see it being particularly beneficial for quarterbacks, where some teams have a feast and others a famine. This would improve parity and expand opportunities.

Next year PSU is on track to have 5 highly regarded scholarship QBs on the roster. Though it's unrealistic, 3 or 4 of these guys probably expect to play at the next level. There's just too much money and prestige not to take a shot at it. But, if they're not seeing the field, then they're not really in their preferred classroom, and they're surely not being showcased to possible employers. For these guys, the BA or BS is a backup/retirement plan.

The new rules will discourage coaches from stockpiling a position without distributing the playing time. Leading programs like Alabama, OSU, and maybe even PSU won't like it, but overall the purpose of college will be better served. The rise in transfer speculation and chaos might even be entertaining.

For some players, the transfer could provide the right opportunity. For others, an increase in perspective of their limitations. Both are good.

Where did that dumbass expression come from? I guess from the same people who brought us awesome., epic, literally and the rest of the misusages of the last twenty plus years.

Maybe from the same complainer that gave us 'dumbass' and 'misusages'. I mean that literally.

I am for athletes' rights but the problem is the dishonesty in the coaching profession. With all the pro-camps these guys go to in the summer you know there is recruiting going on. The transfer rules were only to protect coaches against themselves.

There haven't been any changes to transfer rules. Just the rules surrounding how a player declares his intent to transfer.

There are likely to be some new transfer rules next year, but they wouldn't affect the majority of players.

Where did that dumbass expression come from? I guess from the same people who brought us awesome., epic, literally and the rest of the misusages of the last twenty plus years.
Holy Smokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. I LITERALLY mean YOU, the one that came on the board and complained.
Your initial response was stupid. You suggested that maybe I came up with that dumbass phrase. If I had created the dumbass phrase I would know it, wouldn’t I?

Now get lost.

Your initial response was stupid. You suggested that maybe I came up with that dumbass phrase. If I had created the dumbass phrase I would know it, wouldn’t I?

Now get lost.
What's the matter with you, man? You are one angry guy. Wife on your dumbass or something?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT