ADVERTISEMENT

georgia, wvu, and washington all lost today.

Context of it is, if you aren't named Saban or Meyer, you aren't winning all the time.

Georgia has been recruiting great for 10-15 years. Lights out for 2-3. Still got beat. And beat worse than us.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Context of it is, if you aren't named Saban or Meyer, you aren't winning all the time.

Georgia has been recruiting great for 10-15 years. Lights out for 2-3. Still got beat. And beat worse than us.
They also played a way better team than us

Reactions: JJTopp99
Yeah great now Meatchicken will be in the Top 6-nothing but OSU and UM talk.

It’s just more frustrating. It’s bad enough the team and the coaching staff didn’t learn a thing from last year’s double loss to OSU and MSU. Different year, same results.

If they had won today- #’s 2, 6, and 7 lost. #5 barely won against a team PSU beat 51-6. Penn St could have been sitting at #5 or 6 (depending on LSU ranking) and looking good for a possible shot at the playoff. Instead they will likely fall to around 14-16.

That didn't matter when we lost to OSU.

And if you're elite, you don't lose this bad. LSU probably isn't done losing either.

They play Bama, outside that they will win out and they are physical enough to play Bama close at home.

It’s just more frustrating. It’s bad enough the team and the coaching staff didn’t learn a thing from last year’s double loss to OSU and MSU. Different year, same results.

If they had won today- #’s 2, 6, and 7 lost. #5 barely won against a team PSU beat 51-6. Penn St could have been sitting at #5 or 6 (depending on LSU ranking) and looking good for a possible shot at the playoff. Instead they will likely fall to around 14-16.

PSU is going to fall farther then 14. back to back home losses, one to a unranked team, and not a good win.

I wouldn't be shocked if PSU didn't fall out completely. But really, its pointless to even discuss rankings. Playoffs are out. New Year 6 is Out.

Reactions: ftlpsu

We’d be #5.

Sickening

Reactions: Nitwit97
They play Bama, outside that they will win out and they are physical enough to play Bama close at home.

If they lost to Florida, who lost to one-dimensional Kentucky, they can lose other games. That top 10 victory stat they have is bogus. Auburn will not be ranked after 2pm tomorrow. Miami will be lucky if they stay at 25.

Georgia has looked very flawed this year. Don't let SEC love cloud that. SEC East is very much the B10 West: the team who winds up with the better record usually avoids the great teams in the opposite division and is generally overrated (since Meyer left UF).

Reactions: jmorovich
If they lost to Florida, who lost to one-dimensional Kentucky, they can lose other games. That top 10 victory stat they have is bogus. Auburn will not be ranked after 2pm tomorrow. Miami will be lucky if they stay at 25.

Georgia has looked very flawed this year. Don't let SEC love cloud that. SEC East is very much the B10 West: the team who winds up with the better record usually avoids the great teams in the opposite division and is generally overrated (since Meyer left UF).

I forgot, on here every team sucks.

PSU is going to fall farther then 14. back to back home losses, one to a unranked team, and not a good win.

I wouldn't be shocked if PSU didn't fall out completely. But really, its pointless to even discuss rankings. Playoffs are out. New Year 6 is Out.

WRONG, win out and go to Rose Bowl

Win out? Do you really see this team beating UM in their house? With this offensive play calling (pun intended) there is no way in hell they're beating Mestchicken

Also winning out doesn't mean a NY6 bid.. Ohio State, Michigan, MSU are all ahead of us.

One problem I see is the expectations were too high. Despite what CJF says, this is a good not great team. Look at our starting 11 on defense and tell me why that is a playoff defense.

Also winning out doesn't mean a NY6 bid.. Ohio State, Michigan, MSU are all ahead of us.

1. I never said they will, I said its possible IF they win out, which of course i don't think so because even if we are better than teams left on our schedule, JF will f it up.
2. Winning out does indeed mean a NY6 bid, specifically Rose Bowl, losing one more probably gets us a Peach Bowl.

Ohio St Michigan and MSU all must play each other still and PSU plays Michigan. IF, not likely, PSU beats Michigan and everyone else on the schedule and OSU wins the B1G champ game, any team from the west would have 3 losses and Michigan or MSU would have minimum 3 losses, perhaps both would. Its simple math because the whole conference stinks.

1. I never said they will, I said its possible IF they win out, which of course i don't think so because even if we are better than teams left on our schedule, JF will f it up.
2. Winning out does indeed mean a NY6 bid, specifically Rose Bowl, losing one more probably gets us a Peach Bowl.

Ohio St Michigan and MSU all must play each other still and PSU plays Michigan. IF, not likely, PSU beats Michigan and everyone else on the schedule and OSU wins the B1G champ game, any team from the west would have 3 losses and Michigan or MSU would have minimum 3 losses, perhaps both would. Its simple math because the whole conference stinks.

psu is 2 losses back from Michigan and OSU, they will need both to lose 2x
MSU is one loss back, MSU holds the tie breaker.

It look very very bleak.

Best scenario is 3 losses cause Michigan is prob a loss. Iowa worries me.

Anywa,s Outback Bowl to Tax Slayer Bowl is most reasonable.

The story of 2017 and 2018 seasons. Ahead in 4th quarter of losses. If they were able to close out opponents they would be in the playoffs and in the Clemson-type zone. We are living the “Wasted Opportunity” era. Isn’t it fun!?

One problem I see is the expectations were too high. Despite what CJF says, this is a good not great team. Look at our starting 11 on defense and tell me why that is a playoff defense.

Because the rest of the conference stinks, it was good enough to win these last two games. Expectations weren't too high, i figured 10-2 at best, but 8-4 possible. The problem is when you are losing games you easily could have and should won you find disappointment of what could have been. I believe next year is their year and have maintained that all year.

Reactions: MaconNitt
psu is 2 losses back from Michigan and OSU, they will need both to lose 2x
MSU is one loss back, MSU holds the tie breaker.

It look very very bleak.

Best scenario is 3 losses cause Michigan is prob a loss. Iowa worries me.

Anywa,s Outback Bowl to Tax Slayer Bowl is most reasonable.

Of course it looks bleak, but its happening if we win out or lose just one more game. Who cares where they are now, its how it ends up, which if PSU wins out we end up in 2nd in the entire conference assuming OSU win b10 champ game.

Of course it looks bleak, but its happening if we win out or lose just one more game. Who cares where they are now, its how it ends up, which if PSU wins out we end up in 2nd in the entire conference assuming OSU win b10 champ game.

Michigan would be #2

We’d be #5.

Sickening
Holding onto a 12 point lead with 8 minutes left and beating a two-TD road dog would have them at no worse than 3. You would take that scenario all day long, yet we messed both parts up. But it’s not the staff!! Ha, except the same thing happened last year too (save the road dog part), but blown leads nonetheless

The story of 2017 and 2018 seasons. Ahead in 4th quarter of losses. If they were able to close out opponents they would be in the playoffs and in the Clemson-type zone. We are living the “Wasted Opportunity” era. Isn’t it fun!?

‘Wasted opportunity era’ is a good way to describe it. I think that’s why many are so frustrated.

Reactions: Nitwit97

While we have a lot of new starters this year, I don't think anyone expected such a significant drop-off on defense given the way Franklin has been recruiting. It is obviously frustrating.

While we have a lot of new starters this year, I don't think anyone expected such a significant drop-off on defense given the way Franklin has been recruiting. It is obviously frustrating.

Give Franklin a raise!!!!!

HAHAHAH.. Ok, go have another drink..

In your world, everyone will lose out and we win out.. LOL

1. I don't drink
2. I never said everyone needs to lose out, we just have to win out. By doing so, since others play others in discussion and we have to beat Michigan for it to matter, we go to NY6. 10-2 gets you to NY6, guaranteed. 9-3 gets you in the discussion and with PSU fan base, probably in the game. Ask Wisconsin.

We are not winning out! Omg why is anyone wasting time on such insane scenarios. This is a 5 loss team minimum. I think it’s clear the used car salesmen narrative is spot on, this guy is in way over his head.

The NY6 is going to be tough this year with 2 losses already, you also have Iowa who is 5-1 and teams from other conferences. Oklahoma, WVU, LSU, Colorado, Georgia, Texas, Florida, Michigan, Oregon are all sitting better ten us.

But its moot to even discuss. This team has beaten nobody and all this talk will end in a few weeks by you. Michigan is going to beat them in Ann Arbour. Team can't tackle and has no huge play makers for Trace.

Many posts said the same thing last year after the MSU game and we ended up in a NY6 bowl. And we’re not dropping out of the top 25. There were also a bunch of posters two weeks ago taking about all the undefeated teams that would battle for the CFP....two weeks later there aren’t many left. A lot more upsets will happen and outside of Bama no one will be undefeated. Too much football to be played to determine anything and this might be the year a two loss team gets into the playoffs or UCF gets in. This many teams usually don’t drop games this soon.

ADVERTISEMENT