ADVERTISEMENT

Gavin Teasdale CDT article

Are people now discounting Chance Marsteller's high school career since he has not had the college career everyone expected? He's not even mentioned in that article and they are talking about Gavin being ranked #3 all-time as far as best high school wrestlers in PA go as if there isn't really anybody else to talk about.

Before Spencer Lee, Chance Marsteller was considered 1B next to Kolat in Pennsylvania legend. Let's not forget, Chance beat two returning state champs in the state finals two of his four years, in addition to winning as a freshman at a weight that is typically loaded with upperclassmen.

Are people now discounting Chance Marsteller's high school career since he has not had the college career everyone expected? He's not even mentioned in that article and they are talking about Gavin being ranked #3 all-time as far as best high school wrestlers in PA go as if there isn't really anybody else to talk about.

Before Spencer Lee, Chance Marsteller was considered 1B next to Kolat in Pennsylvania legend. Let's not forget, Chance beat two returning state champs in the state finals two of his four years, in addition to winning as a freshman at a weight that is typically loaded with upperclassmen.

agreed. Big omission. Takes away credibility.

Reactions: jrd23psu

Didnt he also go up (or down) a weight his senior season to make sure he got the toughest potential finals matchup? I seem to recall something like this.

...I think having Teasdale and Teske together for the next 4-5 years will provide a very strong opening for our dual meets ... :)

Reactions: garw
...and Bill Koll and Brody Teske also come from a small school...in Iowa...:)

Didnt he also go up (or down) a weight his senior season to make sure he got the toughest potential finals matchup? I seem to recall something like this.

I'm not sure, but his junior year he wrestled Brian Brill in the finals, and Brill was an undefeated returning state champ. I think Brill was also undefeated the year before, too. He couldn't even score on Marsteller. He majored Brill badly. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Other notable wins by Chance:

Cody Weirchoch - 3X PIAA state champ (also a runner-up)
Zach Zavatsky (semi-finals at PIAA tournament Chance's senior year) - He would win the state title the following year.

Chance beat a number of PIAA state champs, and most of them badly.

Chance is still 1B right there with Kolat. It was a glaring omission from the article to not mention Chance's high school career.

I know Ken Wunderly, he is a great writer who is passionate about this sport. Ken has watched more high school wrestling than most human being and would never slight anyone. I'm sure if you would sit down with him for a conversation, Chance would be in the discussion. However, opinions are also subjective.

As someone who watch Kolat

I know Ken Wunderly, he is a great writer who is passionate about this sport. Ken has watched more high school wrestling than most human being and would never slight anyone. I'm sure if you would sit down with him for a conversation, Chance would be in the discussion. However, opinions are also subjective.

As someone who watch Kolat
Not being a jerk, you know it's "Wunderley", right?

Roar, you are correct. I had to check one of his books he puts out yearly on WPIAL stats by wrestler and team. This error supports why I never try out for Wheel of Fortune.
None the less, I know Ken. Thanks for the correction.

Roar, you are correct. I had to check one of his books he puts out yearly on WPIAL stats by wrestler and team. This error supports why I never try out for Wheel of Fortune.
Nun the less, I know Ken. Thanks for the correcshun.
FIFY. ;)

The organization I'm involved with participated in honoring Ken when he was inducted into the PA Wrestling Coaches Association Hall of Fame last year.

I know he was inducted into a HOF recently but was not sure which group did the honor. A good selection.

As a BWI reader for a long while but new to posting, I always appriciated your temperament when threads went awry.

Spelling was never one of my "fort taas", but at least I know the board gives no honeymoon to new posters. Thanks 86, the FUN makes me feel as if I'm part of the team.

Also, to get on point, I'm looking forward to watching Gavin in Rec and BJC. That Will Be FUN!

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Spelling was never one of my "fort taas", but at least I know the board gives no honeymoon to new posters. Thanks 86, the FXX makes me feel as if I'm part of the team.

Also, to get on point, I'm looking forward to watching Gavin in Rec and BJC. That Will Be FXX!

Around here we have to protect the visiting snowflakes that show up from time to time.

its f*n, not that other word you used above. this is a kinder/gentler board.

Screw the snowflakes I own FUN, and it has to be all caps!!!

actually, in the past I put F@# and someone told me to own it, so I do!!

Reactions: dunkej01
ADVERTISEMENT