ADVERTISEMENT

Gate E update

Sproul

Sep 20, 2015
Gate E (nearest the stone Pennsylvania State University wall) has been under construction for a while. If you’ve ever walked around the stadium when the gates are open, it’s a log jam there because of the grass hill really narrows the walkway. Local criminal enterprise Glenn O Hawbecker is removing the hill and expanding the walkway. It should really help out if you’re walking around the stadium. The amount of lanes to enter is still the same, it appears.

Reactions: Zenophile
isn't the logjam really the time it takes people to actually get their ticket scanned and wanded and through the physical gate into the stadium. I don't think there is a bottleneck anywhere where I ever waited in a line to get into the stadium and then all of a sudden it opened up and I walked up to the actual security and ticket taker and had nobody there. Ultimately the back-up all around the stadium comes down to the amount of lanes available to get into the stadium and the time it actually take from getting wanded to ticket scan to walking through the turnstile.

So only answer for the long lines is to either have more lanes to let people in or speed up the security/ticket takers to process more people in a shorter amount of time.

Reactions: psu00
isn't the logjam really the time it takes people to actually get their ticket scanned and wanded and through the physical gate into the stadium. I don't think there is a bottleneck anywhere where I ever waited in a line to get into the stadium and then all of a sudden it opened up and I walked up to the actual security and ticket taker and had nobody there. Ultimately the back-up all around the stadium comes down to the amount of lanes available to get into the stadium and the time it actually take from getting wanded to ticket scan to walking through the turnstile.

So only answer for the long lines is to either have more lanes to let people in or speed up the security/ticket takers to process more people in a shorter amount of time.
If they're trying to speed up entry into the stadium, there has to be better ways than leveling that hill.

If they're trying to speed up entry into the stadium, there has to be better ways than leveling that hill.

leveling that hill does literally nothing to speed up people getting into the stadium. either they have to spend more money having more lanes and associated people to man them (which is not going to happen as they are not going to spend that money). or they have to start telling the workers to work a littler faster and talk less (which can be done but not easy). And they have to push a marketing campaign for people to be prepared when they enter the stadium with their bags ready and to quickly move through the gates and pay attention. They could probably increase the rate of people getting in by 25% by just having people move a little faster, to be prepared, not try to have a conversation with the ticket takers, and to just pay attention and when the person in front of you has move forward then move forward yourself as quickly as possible.

Gate E (nearest the stone Pennsylvania State University wall) has been under construction for a while. If you’ve ever walked around the stadium when the gates are open, it’s a log jam there because of the grass hill really narrows the walkway. Local criminal enterprise Glenn O Hawbecker is removing the hill and expanding the walkway. It should really help out if you’re walking around the stadium. The amount of lanes to enter is still the same, it appears.
I'm guessing the University probably got a great deal on the bid for the work.

• Haha
Reactions: 91Joe95
With each expansion or improvement project they’re slowly taking away what’s left of some of the character around the stadium. It won’t be long until it’s all just 1 big paved lot like the old Meadowlands.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and rohrmd9
So they continue to make improvements to an erector set that badly needs to be torn down and rebuilt from scratch? Here is an idea. Build a new stadium right behind the Arboretum. The farms to the west of the Arboretum can be used for parking.

Security scanning needs to be a larger access area and perhaps away from the actual gates to get into the stadium. Scanning a ticket is the easy part, the scanning, etc is what takes time. We always try to time getting to the gates at least 45-60 minutes prior to kickoff. It’s just like construction on a busy highway, certain times of day may cause a backup. Some folks like to get that last burger, hot dog, beer or shot in before heading into the game. My beef is with getting out of the lots post game. No semblance of traffic directing other than the major arteries. Everyone merges towards the one road out
creating backup. It’s just the nature
of that many cars and people in one spot all trying to get somewhere at the same time. We have learned the hard way over the years to always carry car snacks and beverages for the way out. ;)

Any chance they can add a bathroom?. I always have to pee when I’m in that line. Not sure why.

I'm surprised Hawbaker is allowed to work for the University given their recent illegal activities.

I'm surprised Hawbaker is allowed to work for the University given their recent illegal activities.

They are banned from federal and state bids but I guess they got this one in under the wire? I'm surprised their workers are still gung-ho to work for them after they stole tens of millions of bucks from their coworkers.

Reactions: UncleRoyBiggins
You could just wear adult diapers. They would be great when the white out starts, but probably not so by the time the game ends.
BL29WQD.jpg

Security scanning needs to be a larger access area and perhaps away from the actual gates to get into the stadium. Scanning a ticket is the easy part, the scanning, etc is what takes time. We always try to time getting to the gates at least 45-60 minutes prior to kickoff. It’s just like construction on a busy highway, certain times of day may cause a backup. Some folks like to get that last burger, hot dog, beer or shot in before heading into the game. My beef is with getting out of the lots post game. No semblance of traffic directing other than the major arteries. Everyone merges towards the one road out
creating backup. It’s just the nature
of that many cars and people in one spot all trying to get somewhere at the same time. We have learned the hard way over the years to always carry car snacks and beverages for the way out. ;)
I usually like to pack one of those delish stadium burgers to nibble while waiting to exit State College 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: rudedude
ADVERTISEMENT