ADVERTISEMENT

Gate C......obvious changes made. Thank u PSU

wslee1

Gold Member
Jul 18, 2009
Horseshoe Curve, Altoona, Pa
Don't know if anyone else noticed, but just wanted to say thanks to all those who wrote or complained to PSU about the big problems at the gates last week, especially Gate C. And I know the crowd was a lot less in numbers, and the gates weren't as packed at game time as last week, but obvious changes were made that will help going forward.

Some things I noticed:

1. More gates were open
2. Ticket lines are now railed and extended about 30-40 feet out to help channel the crowd
3. All lines now have extra trash cans at entrance
4. Additional Personnel were assigned to the gate, including someone at the front of each of the lines
5. New signs were placed better directing the crowds to the proper lines.
6. Express and ADA lines are now clearly marked
7. Unlike last week, all trash at the gate was cleaned up by the time people were leaving.

It was obvious to me that some serious problem solving was done after last weeks fiasco, and immediate steps were taken to improve things. I stopped at the gate upon entering and exiting to say thanks for the improvements. The one gentleman I talked to, who seemed to be the supervisor of Gate C, was very appreciative of me thanking him, and he commented that, the biggest issue he has at the gate, is having the proper number of personnel to man the gates. Obviously, somebody listened.

I always believe if someone deserves harsh critique or criticism, and they listen and act upon the issues, then it's just as important to say thanx when the appropriate changes are made.

So Thanx PSU Athletic Department for listening and stepping it up. I think things will be a lot better going forward, and most of the problems from last week will be resolved.

We R.....

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but just wanted to say thanks to all those who wrote or complained to PSU about the big problems at the gates last week, especially Gate C. And I know the crowd was a lot less in numbers, and the gates weren't as packed at game time as last week, but obvious changes were made that will help going forward.

Some things I noticed:

1. More gates were open
2. Ticket lines are now railed and extended about 30-40 feet out to help channel the crowd
3. All lines now have extra trash cans at entrance
4. Additional Personnel were assigned to the gate, including someone at the front of each of the lines
5. New signs were placed better directing the crowds to the proper lines.
6. Express and ADA lines are now clearly marked
7. Unlike last week, all trash at the gate was cleaned up by the time people were leaving.

It was obvious to me that some serious problem solving was done after last weeks fiasco, and immediate steps were taken to improve things. I stopped at the gate upon entering and exiting to say thanks for the improvements. The one gentleman I talked to, who seemed to be the supervisor of Gate C, was very appreciative of me thanking him, and he commented that, the biggest issue he has at the gate, is having the proper number of personnel to man the gates. Obviously, somebody listened.

I always believe if someone deserves harsh critique or criticism, and they listen and act upon the issues, then it's just as important to say thanx when the appropriate changes are made.

So Thanx PSU Athletic Department for listening and stepping it up. I think things will be a lot better going forward, and most of the problems from last week will be resolved.

We R.....
I'm glad to hear that. Too many people think if you criticize the AD you are a Paterno zealot and want her to fail. Most just want her do do her job as best she can. Last week was a fkup. It's good to know problems were corrected and a lesson was learned.

Ditto. Gate F was clear sailing with 20-25 minutes to kickoff. Plenty of ticket scanners, actual security. Whoever effed up last week has either been let go or fixed the problems.

Of course, having 10,000 less fans may have helped, as well as a 3:30 game, which (to me), would be the easiest to prepare for. Noon games bring a quick crush of people (except students) quickly to the gates, whilst 8 p.m. starts do the same for a different reason (boozing it up at the tailgate).

I'm glad to hear that. Too many people think if you criticize the AD you are a Paterno zealot and want her to fail. Most just want her do do her job as best she can. Last week was a fkup. It's good to know problems were corrected and a lesson was learned.
On the flip side, too many people can't criticize how a particular situation was handled without turning it into an indictment of everything the AD does and insisting she's going to bankrupt the department and hire a thousand lesbian AADs. And I'm only half joking.

Glad to here that.

BUT it should have all been done right the first time.

This is lack of attention to detail.

Poor management.

Did anybody else notice the continuous loop recording stating that fans with non-student tickets can enter any gate except A? I believe there were some complaints stating the opposite last week as well.

Did anybody else notice the continuous loop recording stating that fans with non-student tickets can enter any gate except A? I believe there were some complaints stating the opposite last week as well.

That's funny because everyone has been doing that for years. It seems the reminder was for their outsourced Landmark staff so that they don't turn people away who tried to enter their "incorrect" gate.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT