ADVERTISEMENT

Gary Brown

pawrestlersintn

Jan 26, 2013
Thought Gary's passing deserved mention here. MrsPA mentioned this morning that Gary had passed of cancer at 52 years old. I really didn't know much of him beyond his PSU years.

Then, I was flipping through radio stations, when it stopped on the Gary Chrisman show. Chrisman was doing a tribute to Brown, and was absolutely effusive in praise for him. Local guy who appears to have never forgot his roots. Lots of praise coming from around the football world, too.

By the way, was Chrisman on radio before radio was even invented?

Thought Gary's passing deserved mention here. MrsPA mentioned this morning that Gary had passed of cancer at 52 years old. I really didn't know much of him beyond his PSU years.

Then, I was flipping through radio stations, when it stopped on the Gary Chrisman show. Chrisman was doing a tribute to Brown, and was absolutely effusive in praise for him. Local guy who appears to have never forgot his roots. Lots of praise coming from around the football world, too.

Very sad to hear about Gary Brown. I got to play cards with him one night in Williamsport during his off-season from the Chargers. Well he didn't do much card playing, more joking around having fun. He was pretty cool guy to be around. As friendly as anyone could be.

Now about the Chrisman show. I don't understand how anyone can stomach listening to that show. When he does the multiple voices like Rod the man, makes me want to run a screwdriver through my ear drums to not have hear it. I can't believe that it is still on the air.

• Haha
Reactions: Str8DBLz
Very sad to hear about Gary Brown. I got to play cards with him one night in Williamsport during his off-season from the Chargers. Well he didn't do much card playing, more joking around having fun. He was pretty cool guy to be around. As friendly as anyone could be.

Now about the Chrisman show. I don't understand how anyone can stomach listening to that show. When he does the multiple voices like Rod the man, makes me want to run a screwdriver through my ear drums to not have hear it. I can't believe that it is still on the air.
What? Those aren't real people? You've just ruined the whole show for me. @Ranger Dan, now I know how you feel.

Gary was a super personal guy, almost always smiling and laughing. He was definitely a Williamsport Millionaire football legend and a PSU football legend. He had a solid NFL career rushing for 1000 yds with 3 different teams. I believe he was underrated as a coach, where his guys excelled in College and the NFL.
Pancreatic cancer took him way too early, RIP Gary.

Reactions: kevin310 and therod
Gary was a super personal guy, almost always smiling and laughing. He was definitely a Williamsport Millionaire football legend and a PSU football legend. He had a solid NFL career rushing for 1000 yds with 3 different teams. I believe he was underrated as a coach, where his guys excelled in College and the NFL.
Pancreatic cancer took him way too early, RIP Gary.
Actually came up 55 yards short with the Chargers - 945 yards.
He would have joined Ricky Watters as the only guy to rush for 1,000 yards in a season for 3 different NFL teams.

Actually came up 55 yards short with the Chargers - 945 yards.
He would have joined Ricky Watters as the only guy to rush for 1,000 yards in a season for 3 different NFL teams.
Was that because of Gary, or because of the $1MM payout they would have owed him, had he reached 1000?

Good article.

Ezekiel Elliott head case, lol.
I remember Gary being at the Montoursville vs Loyalsock game after the Cowboys had issues with Dez Bryant. Gary said he was a real cancer to the team. Unfortunate the egos you have to deal with in professional sports.

Reactions: therod

If I still lived in that area I would say bring back the morning show consisting of Mike Styles and Erica. Their phone shams were great!

Just wanted to add what a nice and down to earth guy Gary was, my youngest daughter went to school with one of his daughters. When she would go to his house for birthday parties he could not have been nicer to my daughter and the other kids at the party!!!

ADVERTISEMENT