ADVERTISEMENT

Gannon Gremmel in Transfer Portal

McScoreley

Feb 24, 2019
I post this not because we'd be pursuing (duh) but because if Oklahoma State adds him, it could definitely be a huge factor in a team race. Cody Goodwin posted in the thread he heard he almost went to Oklahoma State last year and the biggest Oklahoma State writer Seth Duckworth heard something similar. Gremmel did outplace Kerk last year and was way closer to Schultz than Kerk showed (2 Overtime Matches) though obviously Kerk wasn't his best last year

I post this not because we'd be pursuing (duh) but because if Oklahoma State adds him, it could definitely be a huge factor in a team race. Cody Goodwin posted in the thread he heard he almost went to Oklahoma State last year and the biggest Oklahoma State writer Seth Duckworth heard something similar. Gremmel did outplace Kerk last year and was way closer to Schultz than Kerk showed (2 Overtime Matches) though obviously Kerk wasn't his best last year

Huge factor feels a tad hyperbolic, maybe for the other trophy spots but WrestleStat projects the Pokes more than 40 points behind PSU and 30+ behind UM. I also don’t think Gremmel AAs this year, but it certainly helps them a little bit if that’s where he lands and he’s immediately eligible.

Huge factor feels a tad hyperbolic, maybe for the other trophy spots but WrestleStat projects the Pokes more than 40 points behind PSU and 30+ behind UM. I also don’t think Gremmel AAs this year, but it certainly helps them a little bit if that’s where he lands and he’s immediately eligible.
That's fair. I always thought Oklahoma State was a team to look out for. They have 2 very solid bets to the finals in AJ and Daton. Their guys at 125, 157, 165, 174, 184 are all AA caliber. Then their 141 is green but very talented and 149 is such a crapshoot that you never know who can make a run. Gremmel was pretty good last year and adding that piece plugs their biggest question mark on the team. @smalls103 described them on his show perfectly as "They have a lot of bullets"

Historically I know Oklahoma State doesn't perform that well at NCAAs. I get last year, they kept things close with us mostly (on paper they should have gotten 2nd going into that night) because of the clock fiasco and 2 blood round forfeits (including one over us) but their 125 (undefeated and beat McKee) and 174 (he's very talented, shoulder was busted up last year) are much improved this year.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
That's fair. I always thought Oklahoma State was a team to look out for. They have 2 very solid bets to the finals in AJ and Daton. Their guys at 125, 157, 165, 174, 184 are all AA caliber. Then their 141 is green but very talented and 149 is such a crapshoot that you never know who can make a run. Gremmel was pretty good last year and adding that piece plugs their biggest question mark on the team. @smalls103 described them on his show perfectly as "They have a lot of bullets"

Historically I know Oklahoma State doesn't perform that well at NCAAs. I get last year, they kept things close with us mostly (on paper they should have gotten 2nd going into that night) because of the clock fiasco and 2 blood round forfeits (including one over us) but their 125 (undefeated and beat McKee) and 174 (he's very talented, shoulder was busted up last year) are much improved this year.
I would say historically OSU performs the best of any team at NCAAs. They have 34 titles.

Historically, dinosaurs dominated the planet. I haven’t seen them around lately. 😉
Yes. Historically and lately are two very different terms. OSU has not performed very well at the NCAAs lately (nor has anyone else save PSU). I guess tOSU and Iowa each have one time.

Yes. Historically and lately are two very different terms. OSU has not performed very well at the NCAAs lately (nor has anyone else save PSU). I guess tOSU and Iowa each have one time.
The last time the Cowboys won a title, most college freshmen of today were in Pull-ups at best.

They were runner up in '13 and '16. We are talking about performance in relation to talent/expectation. Historically OSU has performed at NCAAs extremely well by any measure. Lately they haven't been as successful, but only a couple years did they really under perform. I think we have very different opinions on what under performance means. A team that is expected to finish 4th and finishes fourth isn't an under performer imo. Sheets made AA from nowhere last year. He didn't win so he must have under performed:(

ADVERTISEMENT