ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State vs. Rutgers

The problem with this strategy is that it works much better against MD & RUT than it does against OSU & UM
If you get there it works. Not sure playing safe ever beats a team like Ohio State or Michigan in this era. Maybe you beat Georgia doing that if you can score but some of these high powered offenses you have to take the risk.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
If you get there it works. Not sure playing safe ever beats a team like Ohio State or Michigan in this era. Maybe you beat Georgia doing that if you can score but some of these high powered offenses you have to take the risk.
I agree that we have to blitz to keep opponents off balance. My issue is we do it so often. Sometimes when it's 3rd and 12 I'd happily give up 4 yds and make them punt.

Reactions: LandoComando
He needs the reps. Plus according to the announcers Franklin said his super power is being able to organize the offense Pre snap. How do you sit someone with super powers?? YOU DONT!
Lol. Nicely done

Dude, they had a kickoff return for a TD, 2 defensive TDs and another called back that set the offense up in the red zone. Let me be clear here, they didn't own any line of scrimmage today against a supremely inferior team.
Wore them down though

I like me some reality. I don't have time to get caught up in the rah, rah, rah.
bad romance hair flip GIF by Lady Gaga

I'm not a "rah, rah, rah" guy either but hard to complain about much of anything today. They weren't perfect--no team ever is.
It's the only way you get better. I guarantee ever coach on the ride home is thinking about what they can and need to get better at for next week.

It's the only way you get better. I guarantee ever coach on the ride home is thinking about what they can and need to get better at for next week.
Oh for sure but we aren't coaches. We won easily. We embarrassed Rutgers like we have a few teams this year. Not perfect and there's not reason to "celebrate" beating a horrible team but there aren't many valid complaints

Dude, they had a kickoff return for a TD, 2 defensive TDs and another called back that set the offense up in the red zone. Let me be clear here, they didn't own any line of scrimmage today against a supremely inferior team.
At least 15 TFL? Come on

Is that why you continuously issue "personal attacks" on Franklin and the PSU Progran? LMAO - what a tool.... "Francis".
I didn’t make a personal attack on Franklin I just gave an opinion on the quality of play. If you don’t knows the difference read a book or ask your mom.

Very nice effort on all aspects of the game by PSU today. And there didn't seem to be any new injuries. Hope the OL can get healthier this week.

Michigan St., Michigan St., Michigan St.,

Would love to see PSU close out the regular season with an even better effort at home next week on Sr. Day to pound MSU into submission. PSU owes them a good pounding......

Last edited:
436 yards to 167….looks like they owned it to me. 6.4 yards per carry vs 0.9….I’m not sure what you want…it would have been 34-10 without those TD’s. Good lord.

TCU beat Baylor on a FG as time ran out.

Michigan beat Illinois on a FG in the final minute.

Maryland leads Ohio State at the half.

Quit acting like every favorite easily wins every game.
And Michigan got a number of questionable non-calls that helped them win.

Reactions: tlbakernc
ADVERTISEMENT