ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State vs. Ohio

Beaver Stadium held a collective breath for a moment as Parker Washington was down on the field for a moment. He would get up, however, and walk off. Seems to be okay.

Reactions: 83772
Same reason Ohio State doesn’t stop it.
So, then you can't complain about it when it goes against you. It's just reality.
I played junior hockey in Canada and then in lower level professional levels. Not once did I ever claim a ref or linesman cost my team a game because they didn't. If you lose you lose. Take accountability and be a leader.

TOUCHDOWN PENN STATE

Parker Washington finds the endzone on a nice run-and-catch going 31-yards while making a few defenders miss.

Penn State 25
Ohio 7

PAT pending.

So, then you can't complain about it when it goes against you. It's just reality.
I played junior hockey in Canada and then in lower level professional levels. Not once did I ever claim a ref or linesman cost my team a game because they didn't. If you lose you lose. Take accountability and be a leader.
As a player, I never blamed a coach for a loss either, so there’s that.

PSU doing what they should. Outside of holding onto the ball, Clifford looks solid. Receivers look good. OL looks suspect at times. Backs look good running. Shaky on pass blocking.

Get Nick his 100 yards. Open lead more. Get Allar and other young guys in there for at least the 4th.

Reactions: tlbakernc
PSU doing what they should. Outside of holding onto the ball, Clifford looks solid. Receivers look good. OL looks suspect at times. Backs look good running. Shaky on pass blocking.

Get Nick his 100 yards. Open lead more. Get Allar and other young guys in there for at least the 4th.
I’d like to see better pressure on their QB.

Don't know. Unless they have a camera with a better angle and/or higher definition, that was not indisputable.
It looked an awful lot like black shoe on white paint to me on the blown up shots they showed. Really close though. Luckily it didn't cost them as they scored the next play.

It looked an awful lot like black shoe on white paint to me on the blown up shots they showed. Really close though. Luckily it didn't cost them as they scored the next play.
But officials have become pretty fast and loose with “indisputable evidence”.

Reactions: PAgeologist
Defense looks BAKED this drive
Too much bitzing by PSU. Why is it hard to play straight up defense? PSU pass defense in the middle of the field is poor. See same tendency this year as in previous years. Must get this fixed.

Too much bitzing by PSU. Why is it hard to play straight up defense? PSU pass defense in the middle of the field is poor. See same tendency this year as in previous years. Must get this fixed.
I agree it's too much blitzing but we just don't get enough pressure without it....and even with blitzing, the defense still can't get sacks. Last year's best pressure guy was AK through the portal, and it looks like another portal guy in Chop is this years. It magnifies an area that JF hasn't recruited all that well...game changers up front....always been an issue, especially vs better teams.

I think this Nick Singleton kid is good. His first carry of the first half goes for 48-yards and Penn State is deep in Ohio territory.

Penn State's drive started off promising with the Nick Singleton run but sputters afterwards. Jake Pinegar's 42-yard field goal attempt is no good.

26-7 Penn State with 13:46 remaining.

Clifford needs to throw the ball away. At least 2 of the 3 sacks are on Clifford...

Ohio, sent 6 on 2 of the sacks - Cliff acted like he was dropping into the pocket against a normal 4-man rush on both plays. You can't just campout like that in pocket when

ADVERTISEMENT