ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State vs. Ohio

what a shit ass rule, that's FOOTBALL

No, it isn't the rule - it's the b1g with another of their fabricated bullshit calls attempting to wipeout a big PSU play and kill their momentum. It isn't a blind side play when the defender is running directly toward the blocker! A blind-side block is when a defender is changing direction on a counter-play and is hit before he even sees the blocker.

Reactions: JoePano19
Rouke's pass on 3rd down is off target as Chop Robinson got to him. Parker Washington returns the ensuing punt to the Nittany Lions 15.

Penn State tries to run to the outside w/ Singleton but has little success. A facemask, however, will move the ball to the 30-yard line.

It isn't a blind side play when the defender is running directly toward the blocker! A blind-side block is when a defender is changing direction on a counter-play and is hit before he even sees the blocker.

This part of your post is correct. They made the call because the defender was looking at the runner instead of what was in front of him.

Perhaps they should define the word "blindside" if they are going to enforce it this way. Officials should be discussing this if they have not defined it more clearly.

DentalPessimisticFireant-size_restricted.gif

This part of your post is correct. They made the call because the defender was looking at the runner instead of what was in front of him.

Perhaps they should define the word "blindside" if they are going to enforce it this way. Officials should be discussing this if they have defined it more clearly.
This is something they're going to call--it's more about the rule being stupid than anything else.
Also, why wouldn't the defender be looking at the man with the ball given the rule?

This is something they're going to call--it's more about the rule being stupid than anything else.
Also, why wouldn't the defender be looking at the man with the ball given the rule?

Not disagreeing with you. To me it would make sense to define "blindside" as some sort of angle.

We know that clipping is a block in the back. Is blindside a block from the side?

If you can't block someone unless he is looking at you, that is a crazy rule for football.

Penn State's third offensive drive of the game will start at their own 48-yard line after a nice return by Parker Washington.

Not disagreeing with you. To me it would make sense to define "blindside" as some sort of angle.

We know that clipping is a block in the back. Is blindside a block from the side?

If you can't block someone unless he is looking at you, that is a crazy rule for football.
Oh horrible rule--we agree there

Dare I say Saquon-esque?

Don't remember if I posted my thoughts, but yea, I think we're going to see another Saquon in this class, or at least another Sanders. Definitely NFL material in a few years.

Last edited:
Bet they don’t call it against OSU or Michigan.

Penn State has their first defensive score of the season as Ohio fumbled the handoff. Rouke falls on top of the ball and he's downed for a safety. 16-0 Penn State.

Yet another horseshit made-up bullshit call on PSU (CJF can be seen saying the same thing). They don't blow whistle and throw flag until Ohio defensive tackle hits PSU player before snap - then they make no call and huddle-up for an inordinate amount of time and call "False Start - multiple PSU players simulating a snap" which is complete bullshit as none of the PSU players were moving. b1g Officials are such an utter joke in PSU games it isn't even funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT