ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State vs. Central Michigan

Yes, Kirby and JF have similar resumes in their career and should be compared
And honestly who said fire JF today? It's more about the weaknesses that are apparent after beating our 4th subpar team this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Michigan/Maryland is why you don't play 3 cupcakes to start the season. Michigan is a much better team but haven't played anyone with a pulse. It's a shame we didn't play them this week.
I think it more about Maryland being much improved. Their offense looks good and their defense is better than previous seasons.

Yeah and Md is 5 down to Michigan. There are many here who should a medical marijuana card for stress.
And Michigan played a garbage schedule so it's not surprising that they'd struggle against someone with a pulse. Today's game was "meh" nothing to get upset or excited about

I think it more about Maryland being much improved. Their offense looks good and their defense is better than previous seasons.
Taulia Tagovailoa is playing well. Michigan is running the ball at will against them though. Up 8 now--hopefully Maryland makes it interesting

Also don't understand how with Lee out that Ford cant get some carries to spell Nick and Kaytron...two freshman who likely won't be able to handle the full rigors of a season. Some of the personnel decisions are mind blowing

lol...what a special teams performance today. Rinse and repeat annually with this team.

Reactions: psu00
And Michigan played a garbage schedule so it's not surprising that they'd struggle against someone with a pulse. Today's game was "meh" nothing to get upset or excited about
Blah blah blah. I have been on this site for ages. Recently been lurking over first 3 games and you are so full of crap it is unbelievable.

If PSU was playing Maryland today with that scoreline you would be full on with your troupe. Franklin this, offensive line that, they aren't very good, they haven't played any one, PSU shouldnt have scheduled cupcakes. But nope, it is meh for you.

Somehow Kirby gets a pass, too, because only Franklin needs to meet your nutjob expectations. It must be absolutely exhausting for you to follow PSU.

Psu sleep walks after Auburn and wins by 3 tds and yet here you will be. Can't wait to be entertained.

Give it a break.

Blah blah blah. I have been on this site for ages. Recently been lurking over first 3 games and you are so full of crap it is unbelievable.

If PSU was playing Maryland today with that scoreline you would be full on with your troupe. Franklin this, offensive line that, they aren't very good, they haven't played any one, PSU shouldnt have scheduled cupcakes. But nope, it is meh for you.

Somehow Kirby gets a pass, too, because only Franklin needs to meet your nutjob expectations. It must be absolutely exhausting for you to follow PSU.

Psu sleep walks after Auburn and wins by 3 tds and yet here you will be. Can't wait to be entertained.

Give it a break.
What are you talking about? Did I complain once today about this performance against Central Michigan?

If Penn State played the same cupcake schedule as Michigan I'd be critical of that. I don't know how you see that as a compliment to Michigan. I'm saying their schedule didn't prepare them. I don't think Michigan was all at impressive today

Kirby Smart has a national title and in the other thread I said their fans weren't happy with their game today nor should they be--they have higher standards. And again I said nothing negative. They were sleepwalking early as it was 14-14. I never once thought they'd lose. Teams often sleepwalk with these types of games as you saw with Georgia

You're literally just being mad to be mad over an accurate sleepwalking comment. And, again, Georgia also sleepwalked through their game. Michigan needs to play a better OOC schedule.

What's your issue here? That I'm constantly right?

Reactions: scrivener
Kaytron Allen came to play. Maybe time to put Pinegar back on the bench and start Selma Hayek...maybe that might perk you Debbie Downer's and Karen's up a little.

What are you talking about? Did I complain once today about this performance against Central Michigan?

If Penn State played the same cupcake schedule as Michigan I'd be critical of that. I don't know how you see that as a compliment to Michigan. I'm saying their schedule didn't prepare them. I don't think Michigan was all at impressive today

Kirby Smart has a national title and in the other thread I said their fans weren't happy with their game today nor should they be--they have higher standards. And again I said nothing negative. They were sleepwalking early as it was 14-14. I never once thought they'd lose. Teams often sleepwalk with these types of games as you saw with Georgia

You're literally just being mad to be mad over an accurate sleepwalking comment. And, again, Georgia also sleepwalked through their game. Michigan needs to play a better OOC schedule.

Your posts in this thread are:

1. PSU scores and 3 minutes later your first comment is about Mich scoring 3 seconds in.

2. Next comment is lots of teams sleepwalking.

3. Next comment, despite your sleepwalking comment, you then comment no excuses for psu offense who should destroy CM.

4. Next comment ugly first half despite your sleepwalking comment.

5. Then you turn apologist for Georgia and Michigan. Not once commenting on any other positive play made by PSU in this game.

You did state nice execution on td pass early in first half, otherwise, it was like you weren't even watching the game, just waiting to spew out more garbage on here at the slightest imperfection in a garbage noon tune up game after an away SEC prime time match up.

Of course you also needed to reinforce your near religious belief that Purdue and Auburn are really bad. Yet somehow you don't seem to consider that logic with Maryland or Kent State or Notre Dame or anyone else who other Big Ten powers have played.

It is ad nauseum with you.

Your posts in this thread are:

1. PSU scores and 3 minutes later your first comment is about Mich scoring 3 seconds in.

2. Next comment is lots of teams sleepwalking.

3. Next comment, despite your sleepwalking comment, you then comment no excuses for psu offense who should destroy CM.

4. Next comment ugly first half despite your sleepwalking comment.

5. Then you turn apologist for Georgia and Michigan. Not once commenting on any other positive play made by PSU in this game.

You did state nice execution on td pass early in first half, otherwise, it was like you weren't even watching the game, just waiting to spew out more garbage on here at the slightest imperfection in a garbage noon tune up game after an away SEC prime time match up.

Of course you also needed to reinforce your near religious belief that Purdue and Auburn are really bad. Yet somehow you don't seem to consider that logic with Maryland or Kent State or Notre Dame or anyone else who other Big Ten powers have played.

It is ad nauseum with you.
Yeah, Michigan scored 3 seconds in--I did comment about
Yeah, we were sleepwalking
Yeah, there's no excuse for not destroying them--same goes for Georgia against Kent
Yeah, I agreed that it was an ugly first half which it was as you're aware
When did I make any "apologies" for Georgia or Michigan. Michigan was ill-prepared due to their pathetic schedule and Georgia fans should be livid but you can't compare Kirby to JF. Kirby wins that every time. Do you think JF is better than Kirby?
Purdue and Auburn are awful--as everyone knows. ND is garbage--Ohio State beating them means nothing. Kent State garbage--do you think any Georgia fan is saying that was a "good win". Do you think Michigan fans are calling Maryland a "big win' if so they're as delusional as many here
Deal with reality

Yeah, there's no excuse for not destroying them--same goes for Georgia against Kent
When did I make any "apologies" for Georgia or Michigan. Michigan was ill-prepared due to their pathetic schedule and Georgia fans should be livid but you can't compare Kirby to JF. Kirby wins that every time. Do you think JF is better than Kirby?
Purdue and Auburn are awful--as everyone knows. ND is garbage--Ohio State beating them means nothing. Kent State garbage--do you think any Georgia fan is saying that was a "good win". Do you think Michigan fans are calling Maryland a "big win' if so they're as delusional as many here
Deal with reality
So what exactly is your point then? Everyone stinks? Kirby gets a pass because he did something in past but Franklin doesn't cos he hasn't wont a natty?

I just don't understand why you are on this forum, what your gripe is, and what you want out of psu football. You literally make no sense.

Also don't understand how with Lee out that Ford cant get some carries to spell Nick and Kaytron...two freshman who likely won't be able to handle the full rigors of a season. Some of the personnel decisions are mind blowing

I'd say because Ford is the lesser running RB of the 4 we have.

Why can't our freshman handle 13 and 12 carrys? Allen came here from IMG, he's essentially been in a college program for 2+ years. Singleton is Gatorade PotY. Basically the best player in the '22 recruiting class.

If anybody can handle playing as true freshmen, it's these guys.

Reactions: NittanyChris
So what exactly is your point then? Everyone stinks? Kirby gets a pass because he did something in pass but Franklin doesn't cos he hasn't wont a natty?

I just don't understand why you are on this forum, what your gripe is, and what you want out of psu football. You literally make no sense.
My point is don't pretend beating Purdue and Auburn are good wins. They weren't. We did what we were supposed to against Auburn and played poorly against Purdue. A win is a win is a win but we played poorly against Purdue.

Yes, if you win titles you have a longer leash than someone that hasn't made the playoff yet in almost a decade. How is that confusing?

Why are you on this forum? I don't have to be a cheerleader to be a fan. Take your skirt off and let's have a real conversation. Franklin has underachieved the past 2 years. This program needs to be regularly contending for playoff spots. I don't praise us for doing what we're supposed to do. Just like I won't criticize Franklin if we lose to Michigan and Ohio State this year--both those teams, on paper, are better than us.

I have no idea how me being consistent makes no sense to you.

I have zero reaction to today's game--they did fine--started slow and there's some obvious concerns during the tough 3 game stretch but shake your pompoms and jump around because we beat Central Michigan, a horrible Auburn team and a subpar Purdue team.

My point is don't pretend beating Purdue and Auburn are good wins. They weren't. We did what we were supposed to against Auburn and played poorly against Purdue. A win is a win is a win but we played poorly against Purdue.

Yes, if you win titles you have a longer leash than someone that hasn't made the playoff yet in almost a decade. How is that confusing?

Why are you on this forum? I don't have to be a cheerleader to be a fan. Take your skirt off and let's have a real conversation. Franklin has underachieved the past 2 years. This program needs to be regularly contending for playoff spots. I don't praise us for doing what we're supposed to do. Just like I won't criticize Franklin if we lose to Michigan and Ohio State this year--both those teams, on paper, are better than us.

I have no idea how me being consistent makes no sense to you.

I have zero reaction to today's game--they did fine--started slow and there's some obvious concerns during the tough 3 game stretch but shake your pompoms and jump around because we beat Central Michigan, a horrible Auburn team and a subpar Purdue team.
All of your above referenced comment has been repeated by you 4,000 times since Purdue.

Today PSU played CMU, why are you on about Auburn and Purdue? Are you trying to convince everyone on here that PSU sucks?

How is this program supposed to regularly contend for playoff spots if as you say, "on paper", Mich and OSU are better? Aren't you basically arguing against yourself here?

On the contrary, what makes Michigan better after playing 3 little sisters of the poor and struggling at home against perennial, mediocre Maryland?

All you do is move field goal posts and argue with red herrings in an attempt to stir shit. All on a game day thread with CM.

PSU gave Auburn its worst beat down since 1982, and we are pretending as a fan base for being ok with it? Like dude you are in outer space.

Defense is fine. I heard one player say they got on this board last week and took all the coaching advice they found here seriously and will never do that again!

🥱
I do not have BTN, so followed the game on this thread. Were there any starters or key players who did not play?

How did Abdul Carter play today?

Has there been any Intel on why Izzard and Smith Vilbert aren't playing or if they are going to play this season?

Deal with reality
By the way, reality is PSU is 4-0. They beat 2 power 5s on the road, one to open the season, which is always tricky in college football if you have watched the sport for more than 2 years.

Is PSU legit? We will find out. I am not a cheerleader. I'm not a Franklin fan and PSU is not the PSU I grew up with where nattys were the standard. REALITY is they aren't there, yet. Most on here know that, but we watch because the struggle and the advancement in making that jump is what should be coming. But you can only beat who is in front of you each Saturday. Then get better when you play the big boys. They either will be better or they won't.

Can't wait to see your reaction after Michigan.

Why do coaches with past natty get a pass? Cos you said so?

Franklin won Big Ten, got to 3 NY6 bowls. No leash?

Last edited:
All of your above referenced comment has been repeated by you 4,000 times since Purdue.

Today PSU played CMU, why are you on about Auburn and Purdue? Are you trying to convince everyone on here that PSU sucks?

How is this program supposed to regularly contend for playoff spots if as you say, "on paper", Mich and OSU are better? Aren't you basically arguing against yourself here?

On the contrary, what makes Michigan better after playing 3 little sisters of the poor and struggling at home against perennial, mediocre Maryland?

All you do is move field goal posts and argue with red herrings in an attempt to stir shit. All on a game day thread with CM.

PSU gave Auburn its worst beat down since 1982, and we are pretending as a fan base for being ok with it? Like dude you are in outer space.
So now you're exaggerating
Who am I trying to convince that Penn State sucks? I think we go 10-2 as I've said countless times
Michigan hasn't been better than us until recently. 11-1 can get us into the playoff with the only loss being Ohio State and "compete for the playoffs" doesn't mean you're in them. Again, words matter
How many times do you need me to say Michigan's schedule has been pathetic? They have a better roster on paper.
Nothing as been moved--my statements don't change. Should destroy Northwester, lose to Michigan, beat Minnesota in a relatively close game then lose to Ohio State--remember that so on gameday you don't falsely claim I "move field goal posts" when I'm one of the few that are consistent.
Auburn is garbage--did you watch any of their game today? Harsin won't be back in 2023 and they'll be lucky if they win 6 games--most likely finish with 4-5. Look at their schedule.
I'm sorry that you listened to Paterno and lowered your standards where beating a bottom-tier SEC team is exciting

By the way, reality is PSU is 4-0. They beat 2 power 5s on the road, one to open the season, which is always tricky in college football if you have watched the sport for more than 2 years.

Is PSU legit? We will find out. I am not a cheerleader. I'm not a Franklin fan and PSU is not the PSU I grew up with where nattys were the standard. REALITY is they aren't there, yet. Most on here know that, but we watch because the struggle and the advancement in making that jump is what should be coming. But you can only beat who is in front of you each Saturday. Then get better when you play the big boys. They either will be better or they won't.

Can't wait to see your reaction after Michigan.
You're 100% a cheerleader if you think Purdue or Auburn are good.
The raise your standards and demand being contenders
You are correct--you can only beat who you play and you should expect to dominate weaker opponents. When you don't be relieved that your team won but don't try to claim they're good teams to make yourself feel better.
You added to this--Smart and Saban get "a pass" because they've won titles. Yes, when you've won titles and you beat Oregon by about 50 when you struggle it's still frustrating but not the same as someone that went 11-11 the last 2 years.
1 Big Ten title in almost a decade isn't impressive. Bowl games are meaningless--I've said that countless times. The players opt out because they're meaningless.

Defense is fine. I heard one player say they got on this board last week and took all the coaching advice they found here seriously and will never do that again!

🥱
Live by the blitz, die by the blitz. The teams we have coming up have everything on tape. Those 14 to 20 yard gains will be touchdowns against Michigan, Minnesota and Ohio State.

Live by the blitz, die by the blitz. The teams we have coming up have everything on tape. Those 14 to 20 yard gains will be touchdowns against Michigan, Minnesota and Ohio State.
I think you're right. Diaz will have to be much more selective with those during games against UM, Minny, OSU and Maryland.

ADVERTISEMENT