ADVERTISEMENT

Game week! How Excited Are You?

Then why the phuck are you still here...
Apparently, just to beat your dead horse.

The Big took a lot of the excitement out of this season. It’s hard to get too excited when other teams have played 5 or 6 games and we’ve yet to play our first.

Bob, don't blame you. I feel the same way about the ND season. Just can't seem to get into it this year.

You are a domer... as the year progresses, every year..... your team gets worse. Nothing has changed this year in that regard.

Fonzie and I have been fighting depression ever since Barkley got hurt. Da’ Bears may go from 5-1 to 5-13.

The NBA was a non-starter.....MLB, don’t care.

The good news, one of my neighbor’s son just adopted a basset hound puppy on Sat and the early video is pretty damn cute.

AND

Come Sat morning, the Blue Band’s music will be blaring through the house and by mid-afternoon I’ll be cursing the Big 2(12)’s zebras and questioning our time mis-management like always.

Here’s hoping this is the year Lucy doesn’t screw up Charlie Brown!

Hail to THE Lion!

Hell to the Big 2(12)!
Need the puppy vid pretty much like right now.

I resigned myself to the fact that there would be no real football this year when the Big Ten politicians shut it down in early August. Anything we get now will be cool, and I will definitely watch, but I can't get the feeling out of my head that this is all just artificial play acting. Never thought I would be so disinterested in a Penn State football game.

Hope we win, will be pi$$ed if we lose, but still expecting some 9th string punter to test positive, and the politicians to have to cancel the game because we are all going to die.

Those southern boys proved to us northern geniuses that there was no reason to wait this long to start playing.
the reason we waited this long is because Wisconsin had a number of players test positive six weeks ago. Barry Alvarez is on the schedule committee. Wisconsin received three weeks to recover and three weeks to practice to get ready to play. That's why

I should be way more excited. I feel like we have about a 40% chance of ending up in the college football playoff. Normally, that would really have me amped up to get it started. The problem is that I still feel like the Big 10 is actively rooting to shut it down.
With the rules and parameters they have have put in place, there is no doubt they want to shut it down. They were shamed into what we have now...dragged kicking and screaming...exactly what you would expect of a conference bereft of leadership.

When I’m golfing on Saturday morning, with a mug of hot coffee and central PA supplying a beautiful canvas in the background, my attention will eventually shift from double bogeying the next hole to watching PSU beat down Indiana!

Its ok to take a break from the craziness of the world once in awhile and enjoy life. You deserve it!

I have a difficult time getting as involved as I might with a normal season. Looking at the postponements and issues in other conferences......I wonder if a real season is possible.
I will try to look at each game played as a sort of bowl game.....one and done. Hard to think about the next game.

Hard to get into the games knowing how dangerous it is to be playing. I mean, just look at the other conferences and at the NFL. They've been playing for a while now and look at all the positive tests! And all the serious illnesses that have resulted! So many hospitalizations and deaths!

Wait, there hasn't been a single serious illness, hospitalization, or death from this? Boy are we lucky. I'm sure a huge surge of these is coming!!!

Hard to get into the games knowing how dangerous it is to be playing. I mean, just look at the other conferences and at the NFL. They've been playing for a while now and look at all the positive tests! And all the serious illnesses that have resulted! So many hospitalizations and deaths!

Wait, there hasn't been a single serious illness, hospitalization, or death from this? Boy are we lucky. I'm sure a huge surge of these is coming!!!

We’re screwed. 😞

Reactions: bkmtnittany1
Really for me it goes back to the sanctions.Joepa getting absolutely vilified by people who never bothered to look at the facts etc.2016 was incredibly fantastic and the years since have been fun.
Like Fair stated I can disconnect as well and enjoy a good book and my grandies.That said starting the season on my birthday is just weird.I just hope the big can keep a lid on covid.Why in the heck could they not start earlier with a few byes along the way?

Excited now that it's game week. A little apprehensive. IU is solid and well coached. I think Franklin has put together a very good team. Wish Micah had stayed. Sad about JB.

Can't wait to see how the offense gels with our new OC. Certainly expect good things on that side of the ball. Loads of talent and experience along the OL. Clifford should have the time he needs and the run game should be one of the better ones around. I like Dotson. Excited to see Washington and the other youngsters. PF is a stud. I thought Kuntz, at 258, would easily be 2nd team. Says a lot about Strange, IMO. Cain is a beast and Ford, IMO, has the "it" factor.

My expectations are also high for the defense. Lots of new starters, but they are talented and experienced. Love the LB corps, even without Parsons. Brandon Smith is going to make a name for himself.

Feels terribly wrong for PSU to be playing in Bloomington and for me not to be there in person.

I am pretty excited. I think we have a lot of the right parts for a great time. Really looking forward to seeing what the new OC and line coach do. I am concerned with the loss of Journey and Micah, but have so much potential in those positions we should be fine.

We are going to be having my daughters first birthday that day, but there will be lots of TVs and beer and no silly kids things so we are good to go! My sister still talks about how annoyed she was that the family all went to watch the Michigan game in 2005 during her sons first birthday. I mean, not sure what she expected!

Reactions: HazletonLion
It's game week. On a scale of A Rutgers cheerleader in the fourth quarter to Bob after a PSURO poll, How excited are you for this first game in the COVID-19 era?

Discuss.

I'm as excited as Bob after a PSURO poll OF Rutgres cheerleaders. Yes, they're cheerleaders, but they're from Rutgres for cripes sake.

Yes...I’m excited! While I understand people are worried about life events, I am excited to get together with my old roommates who I haven’t seen since December. Excited to sit with my son and talk about PSU football and watch the game with him. Excited to sit with my daughter and watch a quarter of the game with her until she gets bored. Excited to see my friends children and see how big they have gotten and get to joke with them and have fun with them. Excited to cook out and have some beers with people who I’ve missed seeing. We consistently hang out during football season because life is hectic otherwise and we always know that Saturday’s are scheduled times to see each other and catch up.

Is the game on the fiend anything more than a game? No...but it’s a reason to gather and catch up and feel normal for the first time in a long time. It’s a chance to bond in a different way with my children like we do every year during football season. It’s a time to forget for a day about all the things that people have stressed about for 8 months. Those things will still be there Sunday. I can refocus on those issues then. But Saturday...that’s my time to be with friends and family and make memories.

The game itself is just a reason to get together and have some fun with family and friends and laugh. For that reason...I’m excited.
I suspect Dr Fauci would turn down an invite to your party - just sayin'.

It's game week. On a scale of A Rutgers cheerleader in the fourth quarter to Bob after a PSURO poll, How excited are you for this first game in the COVID-19 era?

Discuss.
I'm excited but it's certainly not the same without Parsons, Brown, and no fans. I could lose interest quickly if we lose to Indy & OSU to start 0-2.

I'm always happy to see Penn State play football, but I kind of view this season as a throw-away season regardless of what happens.

Starting off the season with a real game then the biggest game of the season probably being week 2, things are about to pick up here very quickly for better or worse...

Discuss.

Not at all, they have adulterated the uniforms. Sporting events are no place for protesting. You want to protest; get a soap box, head on down to Allen Street Gates. Protest to your hearts content.

Morning of game:

09c38ac389ba5a5119fc041315436dff41c13812.gif

Hour before kickoff:

tenor.gif

Team runs on the field:

b370d5d97f0616b66330644ddfa3118d.gif

Kickoff:

original.gif
I think I am going to live this post. 😄 I was very flat, but now I am feeling like the first photo. My Gophers play Michigan, and PSU is playing Indiana. Both should be good games. I really hope that I can watch and or listen to both games.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
All you people that aren’t thrilled can go jump into the dismal swamp. I’ve waited ten months for this. In that time I’ve almost died in the hospital, been made to wear a mask everywhere I go for months, endured the most ugly election cycle in my lifetime and much more other nonsense than I care to describe. Now I just want to watch PSU football and shut out the other stupidity for a few hours on Saturday’s. Thank you for the opportunity to express my opinion.

Last edited:
I think I am going to live this post. 😄 I was very flat, but now I am feeling like the first photo. My Gophers play Michigan, and PSU is playing Indiana. Both should be good games. I really hope that I can watch and or listen to both games.

This will be you a minute before kickoff:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Great analogy and great movie.

Favorite movie I've seen in years. Thomasin McKenzie is amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: STPGopherfan
I'm very excited and it keeps building. Already planning my day to stay busy up until kick-off. Personal training in the morning, some breakfast with the BlueBand playing in the background at the house, followed by detailing my daughters car, hitting some balls at the range after last night's lesson, pick up a sandwich and tune in at 3:30. I can't wait.

I don't care that its a f'd up modified schedule with the cloud of Covid hanging around. I love PSU football and feel like every season is important between now and when I leave this earth.

We have been through so much as a program, but I still feel fortunate to have this opportunity to love this team and admire the effort these kids give for PSU and the fans.

I'm hoping I'll able to score the Grateful Dead Buffalo '77 box set for record store day 3 prior to game time. Could make for a really fun day.

I got some wonderful employment news today so the party is starting soon and going long. Rays in the World Series tonight, PSU tomorrow, Steelers on TV Sunday. I'm actually happy and excited right now.

Friends coming over, ribs, wife's fettucini alfredo, opening bottle of Highland Park 18 chased down with some Tremens and PSU football. I guess you could say fairly excited.

the reason we waited this long is because Wisconsin had a number of players test positive six weeks ago. Barry Alvarez is on the schedule committee. Wisconsin received three weeks to recover and three weeks to practice to get ready to play. That's why
You are so right about this for the sake of Barry's Badgers, everyone in the Big got delay of game.

I'm excited but it's certainly not the same without Parsons, Brown, and no fans. I could lose interest quickly if we lose to Indy & OSU to start 0-2.
I'm pretty much with you here. I'm excited, but no Parsons was a bummer. Now with Journey out our chances for a BIG championship are severely diminished. If we look good against IU I'll probably be pretty pumped, hopefully not to just be deflated after week 2.

Reactions: bdgan
You guys have got to be kidding me !!! I got excited for the Blue - White game when it wasn't popular 70's, even today it's a shortened scrimmage with walk ons taking most snaps.

The bad part about this covid stuff is on game day everyone gets tested, a positive results in a retest if that stands the player sits out, could be a Noah Cain or a Justin Fields. The positive is everyone is eligible every freshman, no eligibility burned. I'm excited to see new faces, new coaches.

All you people that aren’t thrilled can go jump into the dismal swamp. I’ve waited ten months for this. In that time I’ve almost died in the hospital, been made to wear a mask everywhere I go for months, endured the most ugly election cycle in my lifetime and much more other nonsense than I care to describe. Now I just want to watch PSU football and shut out the other stupidity for a few hours on Saturday’s. Thank you for the opportunity to express my opinion.
The problem is unless you watch the game on mute hours later, you can’t avoid the rest of it. It’s constantly there reminding you of how much 2020 sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT