ADVERTISEMENT

Game 8, @ Ohio State, 10/30, 7:30 pm EDT, ABC

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Please use this thread for all articles, tweets, and discussion leading up to the PSU - Ohio State game.

I've traveled around the OSU boards and they seemed really concerned about this game. Ryan Day says it will be a dog fight. Judging by the past 3 or 4 games, this one could go down to the wire. PSU might be the one team in the B1G that comes close to matching OSU in talent

I can't remember a PSU game that I've looked forward to less than this one. We've been underdogs in the past but I always thought we had a chance. I see no chance in this game without Mustipher and a wounded Clifford. Of course I hope I'm wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: PSUfiji
Please don’t hurt Clifford although I suspect LJ Sr has placed a non-monetary, undocumented bounty on him. :(

• Wow
Reactions: PSUfiji
Wolf you are a troll of the first magnitude. Nothing could be further from the truth than you comments. If anything, Ohio State fans are over confident. But, fans aren't going to win or lose this game. Through the years (I saw my first Penn State game in Columbus, 1964, ) this game has been fun to watch -- with a few exceptions both ways. This is no news flash, but if Clifford can throw the ball (ie if he's healthy) and your front 7 can put pressure on Stroud, this game could be a lot closer than many of the yahoos in scarlet and gray want to believe.

And, finally, I always thought the Penn State offense in '94 was the best I'd ever seen in the Big Ten. I told Joe that once and he didn't correct me. Nits had an outstanding QB, RB, TE, Oline and WR, and an adequate defense. I witnessed that team's ability to score at the Ohio State game in State College. However, if this Ohio State offense continues to do what it's been doing, I'll have to change my mind. The depth of the Ohio Oline, WR, RB and QB is insane. When healthy, five outstanding WRs, two or three Olinemen who should be playing but can't get on the field for meaningful minutes, and three QBs who can play.

Hoping for a great game. See you in Columbus.

Where do I set up the bar for tomorrow? Will this board be active? Gonna be a banger….

Preview with Chris Fowler, JayPa and Tom Bradley for those seeking a pre-game listen.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT