ADVERTISEMENT

Game 6: Michigan State, Beaver Stadium, 3:30PM, BTN

ada_pllllllpsu_63.jpeg
That kid's hand's on her ass. He'll never be on the Supreme Court. :D

Reactions: 81b&w
This bye week is making things worse. Can't wait until they get back on the field and beat the tar out of someone. Sparty would work just fine in the role of red headed stepchild.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Look, the Ohio State loss sucks big time, but there is still a LOT to be accomplished this year....in order of my "wants" this year:

1. Make the playoffs
2. Trace wins Heisman
3. Win BIG Ten
4. We beat the living Hell out of PITT
4. Payback for Michigan State big time
6. Get Jim Hairbrain fired by embarrassing UM on their field.
7. Embarrass Iowa at Home, again
8. Send Wisconsin back to cheese land with at least a 2 TD loss.
9. Beat an SEC team in a NY's 6 bowl

Still a lot left to be accomplished.

And beat Rutgers! You forgot to include beating Rutgers.

Yes,our Punter got injured in the loss to Arizona State. Backups punters are struggling. We’ve also struggled with giveaways and penalties. I’d sum up our performance thus far as underwhelming.
The one area we’ve been superb in is rush defense, but I noticed you didn’t give that stat.

michigan state is just lucky to be playing football (and any other sports).

michigan state should be burned down to the ground.

I read yesterday and it is definitely true. They have better depth, but we are catching up with elite recruiting. On defensive front seven, our most atheletic are the youngest. They are getting bigger and smarter.

Watched some replays of the game and there is a certain camera angle that captures this play from snap to touchdown that shows KJ Hamler's turbo speed as he just accelerates out of the clutches of 3 Buckeyes and pulls away for the score. Will look for that clip, but it reminded me of DWill's play in 2005 where he gets to the corner and just zooms by AJ Hawk down the sideline for a touchdown. KJ delivers the same kind of electricity, just so fun to watch. Can't believe he's only a freshman and we get to watch him in the Blue and White for another 21-47 games! Looking forward to a few more Happy Birthday raps by his parents.

Punisher99
  • Well Dantonio has also won several road games against ranked teams and Franklin I think is 0-12 all-time? Give me MD any day over this choke artist who talks a lot

I am a Spartan
  • They should probably find an elite coach first
160louis
  • Agreed. He’s such a fraud. Also, he used this as deflecting. He’s a shit coach and lost them the game. So instead of admitting that he said he’ll work to make them elite.
When we beat that loser again this year he’ll be 1-4 against Dantonio

theboomer87
  • I still don't understand the PSU perspective of being disrespected by Jack Allen scoring a touchdown. They couldn't stop an o-lineman lined up in the backfield from running the ball 9 yards into the endzone - it's not like we were giving the ball to LJ Scott while up by 40+ points. Yet having McSorely throw 50-yards bombs downfield while up 30-40 points in the fourth quarter was an appropriate response. Franklin is a thin-skinned, angry man.

They should have worried about NW.... rather than PSU

Reactions: NittanyLionFan

mentalstate
  • I've watched parts of every psu game, and they are not good. They have some good-to-great players, but they are extremely suspect. They can be dog crap for three quarters, and a Top Ten team for 1.

mentalstate
  • I've watched parts of every psu game, and they are not good. They have some good-to-great players, but they are extremely suspect. They can be dog crap for three quarters, and a Top Ten team for 1.

Outside of "they are not good", I can't disagree with this assessment based on what we have seen through five games. Penn State nearly lost to App. State and was losing to Illinois in the 3rd quarter. We've seen poor defense, not just against Tosu, but against lesser teams. We've seen dropped passes all season. Our field-goal kicker is suspect. Penn State is 4-1 but has yet to play a complete game (dominate from the start and for four quarters).

Bob I am outraged.:eek: Penn State is NOT extremely suspect. They are flawed just like every other team with exception of maybe Bama. They have had a few spurts of inconsistent play, but to say they have been bad 3 qtrs of games does not wash. :eek:And they look like a top team in the country at times, not just a top 10 team.. I expect better from you. :eek:

Bob I am outraged.:eek: Penn State is NOT extremely suspect. They are flawed just like every other team with exception of maybe Bama. They have had a few spurts of inconsistent play, but to say they have been bad 3 qtrs of games does not wash. :eek:And they look like a top team in the country at times, not just a top 10 team.. I expect better from you. :eek:

I hate me.

Reactions: bplionfan
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...football-mark-dantonio-joe-bachie/1567865002/

images

Now comes a visit to No. 8 Penn State on Saturday (3:30 p.m./BTN), an always-tough place to play when 100-percent healthy and mentally prepared.

And the Spartans are neither right now. From top to bottom.

“The main thing, as I told my staff when I got up this morning after being depressed last night, depressed this morning when crawling out of bed — you gotta get up and go,” MSU coach Mark Dantonio said Sunday night, his voice rising emphatically and defiantly with each word. “Every day, you gotta get up and go, regardless of what goes on in your life. You gotta get up and go, and you gotta attack the next day.

“And that’s what we’re gonna do.”

They watched another offensive lineman — this time senior David Beedle — suffer a left arm injury two plays into that game, which will keep him out a month.

They have endured injury after injury to key players, which has chipped away at the top end of the preseason depth chart and damaged their roster depth.

They have failed to run the ball on offense. They have failed to stop the pass on defense. Two of the hallmarks of Dantonio’s program success the past decade.

And they see the gauntlet ahead, which only gets tougher the next two weeks with the trip to Penn State (4-1, 1-1)

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...football-mark-dantonio-joe-bachie/1567865002/

images

Now comes a visit to No. 8 Penn State on Saturday (3:30 p.m./BTN), an always-tough place to play when 100-percent healthy and mentally prepared.

And the Spartans are neither right now. From top to bottom.

“The main thing, as I told my staff when I got up this morning after being depressed last night, depressed this morning when crawling out of bed — you gotta get up and go,” MSU coach Mark Dantonio said Sunday night, his voice rising emphatically and defiantly with each word. “Every day, you gotta get up and go, regardless of what goes on in your life. You gotta get up and go, and you gotta attack the next day.

“And that’s what we’re gonna do.”

They watched another offensive lineman — this time senior David Beedle — suffer a left arm injury two plays into that game, which will keep him out a month.

They have endured injury after injury to key players, which has chipped away at the top end of the preseason depth chart and damaged their roster depth.

They have failed to run the ball on offense. They have failed to stop the pass on defense. Two of the hallmarks of Dantonio’s program success the past decade.

And they see the gauntlet ahead, which only gets tougher the next two weeks with the trip to Penn State (4-1, 1-1)

I love when highly-paid, all-powerful, face-of-the-university FOOTBALL. :eek: coaches dress on game day like they are about to shovel the driveway.

Reactions: royboy
Our football team is in a bad spot right now. Coaches don't have answers the injury bug on offense is crazy.

3 of our top 4 WRs are injured. Two didn't dress and one tried to play hurt. LJ Scott didnt play 3rd game in a row. Starting right guard didnt dress, starting left guard left game injured, and starting left tackle has been injured all year and hasnt been able to play more than like half a game yet. Our starting RG and stating LG are the two best OL we have. Our tackles are bad.

#1CB Scott (frosh AA last year) has been injured all year and has yet to dress for a game.

MSU could sustain a couple injuries on offense but injuries to 6 starters including 4 of your top 5 skill players outside the QB sucks.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...an-state-football-players-meeting/1586827002/

MSU enters a crucial two-game stretch Saturday when it travels to No. 8 Penn State to face the Nittany Lions at 3:30 p.m. (Big Ten Network) in University Park, Pa.

The Spartans (3-2, 1-1 Big Ten) host No. 13 Michigan the following week. But they know first-hand that a victory over the Nittany Lions (4-1, 1-1) could change the course of their season.

“The motivation is that Penn State game,” junior linebacker Bachie said. “If you’re going there — 110,000 (fans) — if you’re not motivated to play this game, then you’re playing the wrong sport and you’re at the wrong school.”

Davis likened this to the midpoint of last season, after the Spartans fell at home to Notre Dame during the nonconference schedule (as they did to Arizona State this year) and later lost to Northwestern, like they did Saturday.

“And then we went and played Penn State,” Davis said.

MSU upset the Nittany Lions that day, 27-24, on Matt Coghlin’s field goal as time expired. Penn State – 4-1 and 1-1 in the Big Ten this season — was ranked No. 7 when the two teams met a year ago. The Spartans were unranked.

Just like this week.

“We’re not out of anything,” Davis said. “It’s the same, exact scenario as last year.”

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...an-state-football-players-meeting/1586827002/

MSU enters a crucial two-game stretch Saturday when it travels to No. 8 Penn State to face the Nittany Lions at 3:30 p.m. (Big Ten Network) in University Park, Pa.

The Spartans (3-2, 1-1 Big Ten) host No. 13 Michigan the following week. But they know first-hand that a victory over the Nittany Lions (4-1, 1-1) could change the course of their season.

“The motivation is that Penn State game,” junior linebacker Bachie said. “If you’re going there — 110,000 (fans) — if you’re not motivated to play this game, then you’re playing the wrong sport and you’re at the wrong school.”

Davis likened this to the midpoint of last season, after the Spartans fell at home to Notre Dame during the nonconference schedule (as they did to Arizona State this year) and later lost to Northwestern, like they did Saturday.

“And then we went and played Penn State,” Davis said.

MSU upset the Nittany Lions that day, 27-24, on Matt Coghlin’s field goal as time expired. Penn State – 4-1 and 1-1 in the Big Ten this season — was ranked No. 7 when the two teams met a year ago. The Spartans were unranked.

Just like this week.

“We’re not out of anything,” Davis said. “It’s the same, exact scenario as last year.”
It is exactly the same.
Except it's at Penn State, not in East Lansing.
Oh, and there probably won't be a 3 hour weather delay.
But other than that, yup, exactly the same .

Reactions: nittnee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT