ADVERTISEMENT

Gambino boss' "house painted"

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
surprised not posted yet. Frankie Boy Cali shot dead in front of his home on Long Island last night. First real execution of a top boss in several decades. No word yet on what happened to the connolis.

Cannolo_siciliano_with_chocolate_squares.jpg

Reactions: step.eng69
He was killed in front of his home on Staten Island - not Long Island. It's a world of difference.

Awesome! I'll make sure I keep up with the nuance of people living in the NYC area. What is the difference in people living near penn station versus grand central?

72Uq.gif

Reactions: PSU-Knocker
Awesome! I'll make sure I keep up with the nuance of people living in the NYC area. What is the difference in people living near penn station versus grand central?

72Uq.gif

Staten Island is one of the five boroughs (albeit, the red-headed stepchild of the five) while Long Island is not.

Staten Island is one of the five boroughs (albeit, the red-headed stepchild of the five) while Long Island is not.
OK...why is it that people feel this is important to people living in different states? I am not trying to be difficult, but why should I care? Do you care the difference between Tremont and Ohio City?

OK...why is it that people feel this is important to people living in different states? I am not trying to be difficult, but why should I care? Do you care the difference between Tremont and Ohio City?

I’m not sure anybody said you should care. Somebody made the correction that it was Staten Island and not Long Island. I answered your question about what the difference was.
For the record, I was taken aback by the Gambino family boss living on Long Island. When I read that it was actually Staten Island it made more sense.

Edit: I do not particularly care about the difference between Tremont and Ohio City, but if you want to post it I will read it and be happy that I am informed about something that I was not previously knowledgeable about.

Reactions: Locolion

To people who live in NY it probably is an important distinction. If someone was killed in Elizabethtown and someone said Mount Joy, I'd appreciate the correction. Not sure anyone else would outside of a small radius of the two boroughs. I'm actually not sure why you're making a big deal that someone corrected the original incorrect report.

Reactions: step.eng69
To people who live in NY it probably is an important distinction. If someone was killed in Elizabethtown and someone said Mount Joy, I'd appreciate the correction. Not sure anyone else would outside of a small radius of the two boroughs. I'm actually not sure why you're making a big deal that someone corrected the original incorrect report.
Its pedantic.

law-policing-gun-pistol-petty-pedantic-weapon-10300885_low.jpg

Mob boss Rest In Peace? No way. Dying doesn’t absolve you from being a terrible human who ordered murders. What the hell.
Yeah. Fair enough. Like I said, I was going to crack a joke. But I don’t know the guy and I didn’t live in his world. Assuming you’re right, I’d hope for justice during his lifetime but now he’s dead. Justice now is in someone else’s hands. Resting in peace doesn’t mean rewarded like he lived a good and virtuous life.

Just wait until we start parsing the difference between cannoli and connoli. ;)

I was going to make that correction but you beat me to it.
fwiw, this guy was from same part of Staten Island as Paul Castellano, the prior boss that got whacked outside of Sparks Strakhouse, on the hit ordered by John Gotti, for those keeping score at home.

I was going to make that correction but you beat me to it.
fwiw, this guy was from same part of Staten Island as Paul Castellano, the prior boss that got whacked outside of Sparks Strakhouse, on the hit ordered by John Gotti, for those keeping score at home.

Perhaps a connoli is an appropriate pastry for a convict.

What's the difference between Tremont and Ohio City? From what I could gather from wikipedia, they're both tiny neighborhoods within Cleveland, with populations under 10,000.

Long Island is a bit more complicated than that. Actual "Long Island" has 4 different counties, and contains 2 of the boroughs of NYC (Brooklyn and Queens). Its total population is almost 8M.

But often times, when people talk about Long Island, they're speaking about the portion of the island that's outside of Brooklyn and Queens. This part still encompasses 2 counties, and almost 3M people over a large stretch of land (comparative to Tremont and Ohio City neighborhoods).

Basically, Tremont and Ohio City are a couple of blocks in NYC, whereas the 5 boroughs, and Long Island, are like having 3 Cleveland/Canton/Akron metropolitan areas combined.

So mixing up Staten Island and Long Island is like mixing up Cleveland city proper and an imaginary 2nd Cleveland/Canton/Akron metropolitan area.

Interesting. Killer must have had a sardonic sense of humor. Reports said Frankie Boy was killed in front of his house in an area called Todt Hill. Todt, if my German is correct, means "dead."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT