ADVERTISEMENT

Gable storyline

STAND with PRIDE

Sep 9, 2018
Since Roar stole my seed topic, I’ll start up another fresh thread. When is GS supposedly debuting in WWE? At first I was hoping he would be a heel,but how on earth do you make an Olympic/ World Champ the bad guy? If I were McMahon, I’d be playing the USA/Russia card like they did back with Hogan and Slaughter vs Iron Sheik and other thugs. Gable would be the perfect guy for this. Anybody here watch it regularly? I havent watched an episode in years, but would like to at least see how they use GS.

,but how on earth do you make an Olympic/ World Champ the bad guy?

tumblr_inline_mfwfev7iPJ1r33n3n.gif

I don't think you do anything between USA and Russia while the Russians are murdering Ukrainians, it's in very poor taste. It's been a long time since I've watched WWE but I'd guess they'll have a vet call him out about only being an "amateur" champion.

Reactions: dbldoofus
I think you'll see him at wrestlemania.

That's usually when old stories end and new stories begin

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I will watch as much wwe now that they have gable as before. None...I would have preferred he stayed in real wrestling. To me he sold out.
A kid graduates med school and becomes an orthopedic surgeon. Did he sell out because he is going to make 10s of millions of dollars in his career. I mean he could have chosen to be a family practitioner and opened a practice in some area that is socially and economically challenged and probably has way to few docs to meet the area's needs and reduced his lifetime income by a huge number.

Steveson accepted a grown man's job in the entertainment industry that will probably financially secure him for life. That isn't selling out, that is getting paid. Good for him.

He wasted what was given to him. For a paycheck. Go find dog and argue with him.
He basically took that family practioner job you spoke of. Left his shoes and dignity on the mat.

Last edited:
He wasted what was given to him. For a paycheck. Go find dog and argue with him.
He basically took that family practioner job you spoke of. Left his shoes and dignity on the mat.
LOL people just like to be mad at something.

Well. I guess he should have consulted with you about his grown up decisions. I am sorry he disappointed you. Reasonable people probably think, wow multiple state titles, a college education paid for, 2 national titles, an Olympic gold medal, and a million dollar payday- that kid seems to have realized a ton of his potential. If only he hadn't disappointed a spawn.

Reactions: lookleft goright
I cannot se what challenge Gable could find in winning another NCAA championship. He already won an Olympic Gold. If he is not satisfied with 2 - D1 championships and 1 Olympic Gold, he won't be satisfied with a couple more.
If he is looking for a change in his life - good for him. It is called achieving your goals and moving on. Some of us would call it life.
Granted, I am disappointed, because I love to watch someone wrestle with the skill and agility he has, but I highly doubt that my happiness is what fuels Gable S to act a certain way.

I will watch as much wwe now that they have gable as before. None...I would have preferred he stayed in real wrestling. To me he sold out.
I don't see it as a sellout at all, he's given his life to wrestling and conquered the sport. Now that college is over his responsibility is to himself and his family and he needs to make a living. He's got a big personality and has a great chance to be successful in WWE (which I don't watch either) and then maybe even take it to the next level and get into movies.

Selfishly I'd like to see him stick with freestyle and help Team USA become the dominant force in the world but he doesn't owe me anything.

I don't see it as a sellout at all, he's given his life to wrestling and conquered the sport. Now that college is over his responsibility is to himself and his family and he needs to make a living. He's got a big personality and has a great chance to be successful in WWE (which I don't watch either) and then maybe even take it to the next level and get into movies.

Selfishly I'd like to see him stick with freestyle and help Team USA become the dominant force in the world but he doesn't owe me anything.
Agree. And as far as I can tell for every graduate…..he owes his pocket. Whatever endorsement capital is available for the gold medalist probably isn’t improved by a 2nd one.

meanwhile shoes on the mat is fun and maybe permanent. And maybe not in 2 years.

A kid graduates med school and becomes an orthopedic surgeon. Did he sell out because he is going to make 10s of millions of dollars in his career. I mean he could have chosen to be a family practitioner and opened a practice in some area that is socially and economically challenged and probably has way to few docs to meet the area's needs and reduced his lifetime income by a huge number.

Steveson accepted a grown man's job in the entertainment industry that will probably financially secure him for life. That isn't selling out, that is getting paid. Good for him.

A kid graduates med school, sets up a practice, and has great success treating pediatric cancer patients, but he gives it up when he receives a lucrative offer to become a circus clown.

Plastic doctor’s bag, comically oversized stethoscope … grown man stuff.

No value judgment from me. I understand that he will make a lot more money pretending to be a competitor than he would have as an actual competitor. I don’t fault him for cashing in. I just wish he hadn’t.
I get it, however he needs to make a living. As someone who's trained heavy all my life recreation wise I understand how someone who does it competitively has a short shelf life.

A few years WWE, maybe TV and movies after? I guarantee he'll get a lot more notoriety from WWE the NCAA and Olympic championships.
I mean even the vast majority of psu fans I know don't watch wrestling at all and barely know we won, again.
It's not a very popular sport .

Reactions: johnstownsteel
If you grasp how not on the radar wrestling is as a competitive what Gable did makes perfect sense.
Yep. If financial security is what’s most important then he made the right call. And I know I’m a Debbie downer, but what this world is becoming, i fault no one for looking out for themselves and their family first.

Yep. If financial security is what’s most important then he made the right call. And I know I’m a Debbie downer, but what this world is becoming, i fault no one for looking out for themselves and their family first.
What can he do in the wrestling community thst comes close to this? Maybe coach but is he a coaching guy?
Few people have a competitive athletic career after high school , much less after college. You need to earn a living and this path can make him possible The Rock kind of money given time.

A kid graduates med school, sets up a practice, and has great success treating pediatric cancer patients, but he gives it up when he receives a lucrative offer to become a circus clown.

Plastic doctor’s bag, comically oversized stethoscope … grown man stuff.
Not the same.

What can he do in the wrestling community thst comes close to this? Maybe coach but is he a coaching guy?
Few people have a competitive athletic career after high school , much less after college. You need to earn a living and this path can make him possible The Rock kind of money given time.
He could be a PSU varsity wrestler.

Signed, HR.

Leaving your shoes on the mat is huge. Except he had to go back and get them to wear for all the pictures! I’m thinking he is un-retiring

Reactions: LOTOlion
I haven't gotten this much backlash since I thought Zain and a few others looked a little slower when they wrestled Iowa a few years back. I said they might be sick. A few others agreed with me.

The bat signal went out on that one also.

I shouldn't have judged his decision without all the facts.

I, personally, don't like kids puffing themselves up doing their strut. It was obviously (the Greatest Show on Earth) doing the backflip and leaving his shoes on the mat. Personally I would liked him pinning or teching all challengers in under a minute. Leaving it all on the mat were those two guys who laid there gasping for breath.

We will have to revisit this thread in a few years to see how well it aged. I hope we are all here.

Forums are for opinions and bad takes..
We all have them.. Some more than others LOL...
I think we lose as a wrestling community on what he could have done for wrestling, it could have been amazing.
But we have to be thankful for what he's done. Amazing sacrifices these guys make.
But it is his life and he has to make himself and family happy first and foremost.

Forums are for opinions and bad takes..
We all have them.. Some more than others LOL...
I think we lose as a wrestling community on what he could have done for wrestling, it could have been amazing.
But we have to be thankful for what he's done. Amazing sacrifices these guys make.
But it is his life and he has to make himself and family happy first and foremost.
Nice one, gotta love a good jab. Give and take I always say.

I haven't gotten this much backlash since I thought Zain and a few others looked a little slower when they wrestled Iowa a few years back. I said they might be sick. A few others agreed with me.

The bat signal went out on that one also.

I shouldn't have judged his decision without all the facts.

I, personally, don't like kids puffing themselves up doing their strut. It was obviously (the Greatest Show on Earth) doing the backflip and leaving his shoes on the mat. Personally I would liked him pinning or teching all challengers in under a minute. Leaving it all on the mat were those two guys who laid there gasping for breath.

We will have to revisit this thread in a few years to see how well it aged. I hope we are all here.
You’re good. One of my favs around here… don’t change a thing. :)

You’re good. One of my favs around here… don’t change a thing. :)
Thank you for the kind words. I guess I haven't gotten over that ragdolling early on my time here. Obviously someone doesn't like me and I'm sure if we were ever alone in the same room one of us wouldn't walk out. That is just the way life is. It's all good, I hear.

We are both trying to follow the Lord but the Lord is on one shoulder and the devil is on the other..

Keep faith that what we see happening in this world is 180 degrees from reality and that's all I have to say about that.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT