ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW... another example of Zeke Elliott representing his alma mater

I find these incidents ominous for football in in what they suggest about brain injury.

People who have had repeated concussions can lose functionality in the part of the brain that modulates emotions. I.e. people can lose their temper because they have brain damage.

Any time there is a rage-related incident involving a running back I think that needs to be considered in light of the fact that football is basically support of repeated small concussions - and that is true for all players except kickers.

Just to take PSU running backs as an example, LJ Jr. and Enis both showed some really erratic behavior after they graduated that was hard to explain. Lawrence Phillips may have just been a bad guy, or me might have been a guy with some brain damage (or both).

You worry about Elliott because he is super physical running back who runs people over but takes a tremendous cranial pounding every single game he plays.

In the past it was easy to judge them and just say they were thugs or bad characters. But now I'm not so sure. Especially when it's people who don't have a history of violent behavior but become violent after a few years of football.

It's not easy to know for sure but brain function can be tested better than ever.

Fortunately, most football players don't show symptoms. But ALL of them experience these thousands of little concussions. It's just that some brains are apparently more subject to injury and scarring that affects function.

Reactions: step.eng69
If "we" ever became an OSU or Alabama I and a great many true PSU would be done with the team and "program".
I doubt they would fill half of the stadium !!
Does that make "us" different, HELL yes !!!!

"WE ARE" means more than football !!!

If "we" ever became an OSU or Alabama I and a great many true PSU would be done with the team and "program".
I doubt they would fill half of the stadium !!
Does that make "us" different, HELL yes !!!!

"WE ARE" means more than football !!!
b27659fed9b4166aafe0d6b9d5e2f0f0f6f1d85448a07398dad91783ff8f79da.jpg

ACTUALLY it has a great deal to do with OSU and the "type" they recruit. They have ZERO standards. If you can play, that is ALL. I personally know a great many OSU grads/fans, ALL do not care about character or education for "student-ATHLETES". They ONLY care about winning. I believe we have higher standard AND try to do the right thing for these KIDS !!
No, we are not perfect and certainly we have exceptions, but on balance, our STUDENT-athletes have higher character. (certainly some kids overlap and are recruited by both programs, but for the most part WE ARE different). If you do not see that, then you are Not PSU :)

I do NOT blame the kids at OSU. Many of them are not college kids (see NCAA BB, Kentucky?) and if the NFL had a minor league (like MLB) they would not have gone to "college" .
You are a clown and are talking out your butt. I'm a grad/fan of OSU and I know literally hundreds of others, unlike you, and no one thinks this way. No one. Just admit that you see full of it and make this stuff up to feel better about yourself.

I've read a lot of idiotic posts but yours is near the top. Nice job...

Reactions: OSUstate
You are a clown and are talking out your butt. I'm a grad/fan of OSU and I know literally hundreds of others, unlike you, and no one thinks this way. No one. Just admit that you see full of it and make this stuff up to feel better about yourself.

I've read a lot of idiotic posts but yours is near the top. Nice job...

Thanks for the compliment :) The truth often hurts.
OSU has a great FOOTBALL program, it just is "not" PSU :)

So ... you (and I) rightly complain and/or get irked with the national media casting aspersions on PSU (its culture, alums, etc) based upon the actions of 1 man, and yet, you don't have a problem with Penn Staters doing the same thing to another school?
I'll get back to you when the national media makes 1/1000th as big a deal of this as it did Penn State. Until then nobody outside of BWI gives a poop what we post on this message board.

I'm sure he was innocent. Maybe Franco can carry around a Cardboard Cut out of him.

You're just too obvious Phil. Not a good troll at all.

1. Joined yesterday, first post - you gave yourself away too soon.
2. Chisley, really? Be original. His name has been mentioned 10+ times already in this thread. Pick someone new. Think outside the box.

Now take these lessons and learn from them.

Bull. Some do--some don't. The vast majority of my friends are tOSU fans (I live in Columbus--it's unavoidable). And they are not like that, by and large. The reason tOSU got more flack than many programs is that when I came to Columbus many years ago, the way the rules for all students were set up, you only had to have a pulse to enroll. I had a few students in the chem classes I taught that really should not have been in school. And some brilliant ones. That has changed over the past couple of decades. It's a lot tougher to get in now, as the legislature finally allowed selective admission (had to, actually--the classes were getting too large).

Woody always made a point (for all his flaws) to make sure his players came back and finished up. tOSU has had a Rhodes scholar from the team and, like PSU, has had some former athletes become doctors (at least one was a Heisman winner), lawyers, and such.... You don't get a free pass at that level, just because you played football.

Now I do believe PSU has done better through the years. We were a lot stricter about not cutting corners and our fan base was a lot stricter than most about not giving "extra benefits". BUT I think you overstate your case. I can recall taking Soc 001 at PSU with a couple of football players in that class. Matt Suhey only showed up for quizzes. Booker Moore mostly didn't bother. A couple other guys were in between (this was during the season, tho). We've had players who probably should not have been in college either--though a number of them benefited from SuePA's legendary kitchen table tutoring.

I don't know. Maybe Suhey was smart enough that he didn't need to go to class. Guy bought his own seat on the Chicago Board of Trade

I don't know. Maybe Suhey was smart enough that he didn't need to go to class. Guy bought his own seat on the Chicago Board of Trade
Could be. It was a basic class. But, of course, Booker Moore ended up getting declared academically ineligible and I don't think he ever graduated (still ended up having a decent life as he worked in law enforcement until his untimely death). The point was that not all of our guys are perfect about going to class and doing school.

Elliott, the Cowboys running back thought -- actually, it's a stretch to imply any thinking was involved -- it was fine to pull down a woman's top and expose her breast during a St. Patrick's Day celebration over the weekend. Elliott's actions were captured on video and echo well beyond Lower Greenville, where the episode took place.

The best part is that this loser's father works for Ohio State as a Program Assistant to help with recruiting.

"My role is to talk to parents and recruits about why becoming a Buckeye is so special,” Elliott told Eleven Warriors. “Whatever I can do to assist in recruiting.”

72410_h.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT