ADVERTISEMENT

Future Lineups 2023-2026

mjmirv

Jun 15, 2001
After a few new commitments, and listening to Willie’s podcast. I got to thinking about how all these recruits will fit in to the lineup. I was curious how Shapiro would fit, so I included him. I figured I’d share what I came up with. It’s similar to the path of domination posts from a few years back.

2023:
125 - Howard rFr, Steen rFr
133 - RBY Sr
141 - Bartlett So
149 - SVN rFr
157 - Haines Fr, (Negron, Bear, the other Lee’s)
165 - Facundo rFr
174 - Starocci rSo
184 - Brooks Jr
197 - Dean Sr, Beard rSo
HWT - Kerk rSo, Nevilles rSo

2024:
125 - Howard rSo, Steen rSo
133 - ???, (Davis RS)
141 - Bartlett Jr
149 - SVN rSo
157 - Haines So, (Shapiro RS)
165 - Facundo rSo
174 - Starocci rJr (Barr RS)
184 - Brooks Sr
197 - Beard rJr
HWT - Kerk rJr, Nevills rJr

2025:
125 - Howard rJr, Steen rJr
133 - Davis rFr
141 - Bartlett Sr
149 - SVN rJr
157 - Shapiro rFr (Haines RS)
165 - Facundo rJr
174 - Starocci rSr
184 - Barr rFr
197 - Beard rSr
HWT - Kerk rSr, Nevills rSr

2026:
125 - Howard rSr, Steen rSr
133 - Davis rSo
141 -
149 - SVN rSr
157 - Shapiro rSo
165- Haines rJr
174 - Facundo rJr
184 - Barr rSo
197 -
HWT -

Obviously 2024 and the potential for Olympic redshirting might come in to play. Also, Starocci and Brooks might move up a weight. Does Beard hang around? Thoughts?

Reactions: mcpat
@smalls103 said on his show that Levi might not get much bigger than 165 ... possibly even 157. My guess is he's shooting to get a year of training in at NLWC and start as a true freshman for us at 157 since the need is there big time.

@CSauertiegPSU actually said a while ago that Levi's dad might not be the best example for seeing how much Levi would grow because he is wider than tall and Levi doesn't seem to have that frame.

Reactions: mjmirv
I thought RBY was gone after this year?
He is and everyone (including me for a bit) wants to think that he will consider coming back for the Spring but Justin Basch said in the chat during The First Word "It's done" Let's write it off.

As we see with some this year, if someone's heart not into wrestling anymore and they reluctantly come back, production very well can fall drastically.

Willie and others have indicated that RBY isn’t anything definite either way. My gut says he goes his last year.
To be honest, with the team race possibly swinging in our favor now (still very much a team race) ... I think there's a good chance RBY wins an individual and team title this year, other furthering his desire to be done, why not go out like that?

Recruiting being the variable it is ...

Apparently we're really deep on Kasak (2023) -- if that happens, then he's likely the 141 after Bartlett.

Mullen (2023 ) appears to be a priority target for HWT, and has visited.

That would leave 197 after Beard, with lots of time to figure it out.

I obviously have heard nothing and it's just speculation but any reason to be nervous about Beard portaling? Dean is here in 2023 then a lot of rumblings that Brooks and CStar go up to 184/197 after. The kid is too good to ride the pine.

Reactions: backdrft76
I would tamp the brakes a bit on 2025. You have a few 6th or 7th-year Seniors in the line-up. Let's see how the Super Seniors at Iowa and Michigan do this year before projecting their return.

Personally, I think it's asking a lot to ask MEN 6-8 years out of HS to continue the grind and maintain the same level of motivation at the college level.

Sounds like RBY and IMHO that just is not true. In fact, just the opposite. RBY looks like he is having fun
no i think he's talking more broadly beyond psu. a guy like zach sherman for example is a 6th year returning aa off to a bad start. iowa's old guys haven't looked particularly sharp.

might see the 6th years turn it up when it starts to matter or they very well may just fall off if they're not bought in. still too early to know.

no i think he's talking more broadly beyond psu. a guy like zach sherman for example is a 6th year returning aa off to a bad start. iowa's old guys haven't looked particularly sharp.

might see the 6th years turn it up when it starts to matter or they very well may just fall off if they're not bought in. still too early to know.
You are correct, still too early to tell. You and I can revisit all this at a future time and a certain thread in particular.

Kinda find it interesting though that you are now willing to admit there’s a possibility that these “old guys” could fall off while you spent the summer calling me an idiot for suggesting such a thing.

Reactions: SUPERTODD
You are correct, still too early to tell. You and I can revisit all this at a future time and a certain thread in particular.

Kinda find it interesting though that you are now willing to admit there’s a possibility that these “old guys” could fall off while you spent the summer calling me an idiot for suggesting such a thing.
i don’t remember that. it was always a concern.

if you’re talking about when you say things like assad is burnt out or kemerer didn’t want to come back then yes i disagreed because you have no evidence of that. (assad looked pretty solid in florida btw. i think he’s just a slow starter. same thing his freshman year.)

i don’t remember that. it was always a concern.

if you’re talking about when you say things like assad is burnt out or kemerer didn’t want to come back then yes i disagreed because you have no evidence of that. (assad looked pretty solid in florida btw. i think he’s just a slow starter. same thing his freshman year.)
See, I didn’t say Assad was burnt out. I said it’s possible… and I think probable that he won’t ever reach the level Iowa fans think he should reach because he at one time lost his love for the sport and that’s not easy to get back.

But you are correct with Kem. I don’t have evidence, that’s why I gave my thoughts on him as an opinion and not fact. Someone shared some info about him back in the summer, although I tend to believe what the man was saying, I didn’t pull a Mineo and pass it off as fact. I gave my opinion. And honestly, I still believe it to be true. Actually, I think you now know it as well since Willie confirmed on his show a few months later that Kem told him he was in fact struggling with the decision to come back.

But you say it was always a concern for you. Is that right? It was a concern for you huh? Do you remember telling me this was going to be a very special year/Iowa team? You should, you argued with me when I tried to suggest that you pump the brakes a bit on all that. That injuries and burnout for those seniors could derail all that. It was in this thread… start on page 19 JS.

It’s the one where you declared that I was OWNED.

After a few new commitments, and listening to Willie’s podcast. I got to thinking about how all these recruits will fit in to the lineup. I was curious how Shapiro would fit, so I included him. I figured I’d share what I came up with. It’s similar to the path of domination posts from a few years back.

2023:
125 - Howard rFr, Steen rFr
133 - RBY Sr
141 - Bartlett So
149 - SVN rFr
157 - Haines Fr, (Negron, Bear, the other Lee’s)
165 - Facundo rFr
174 - Starocci rSo
184 - Brooks Jr
197 - Dean Sr, Beard rSo
HWT - Kerk rSo, Nevilles rSo

2024:
125 - Howard rSo, Steen rSo
133 - ???, (Davis RS)
141 - Bartlett Jr
149 - SVN rSo
157 - Haines So, (Shapiro RS)
165 - Facundo rSo
174 - Starocci rJr (Barr RS)
184 - Brooks Sr
197 - Beard rJr
HWT - Kerk rJr, Nevills rJr

2025:
125 - Howard rJr, Steen rJr
133 - Davis rFr
141 - Bartlett Sr
149 - SVN rJr
157 - Shapiro rFr (Haines RS)
165 - Facundo rJr
174 - Starocci rSr
184 - Barr rFr
197 - Beard rSr
HWT - Kerk rSr, Nevills rSr

2026:
125 - Howard rSr, Steen rSr
133 - Davis rSo
141 -
149 - SVN rSr
157 - Shapiro rSo
165- Haines rJr
174 - Facundo rJr
184 - Barr rSo
197 -
HWT -

Obviously 2024 and the potential for Olympic redshirting might come in to play. Also, Starocci and Brooks might move up a weight. Does Beard hang around? Thoughts?
Thoughts? My thoughts are the future looks so much brighter when you put lay it out like you did here. So hard to predict anything in todays landscape with COVID years, NIL, the different redshirts available to kids I’ll be honest, when I try to predict future lineups I’m wrong more times than I’m right I think. I don’t know how Cael makes it all work and deserves every penny he makes. Loo

Reactions: danoftw and mjmirv

Thank you. Stole the words from my mouth. I also wasn't talking about Iowa (I'm sure some think I was implying that since of where we are) Zach Sherman is a good example and I probably shouldn't have used the phrase "reluctantly come back" because I'm sure it's easy to feel you want to come back when you're making the decision at a time you aren't in the middle of a season grind lol

A lot of speculation, but it’s FUN to look ahead and guess. Barring injuries, this season and the next are ours. In 2023-24, will Ohio State or Oaklahoma State be our biggest competition?

Ok State could be problems in a few seasons. They are very young and talented.

I have never understood the infatuation and erection that y’all spin your wheels over projection of line ups. Over and over and over.

I have never understood the infatuation and erection that y’all spin your wheels over projection of line ups. Over and over and over.
Doing these projections was more about trying to figure out where all these recent commits fit in to the lineup. Tho I do really enjoy looking at future lineups and seeing hammer after hammer after hammer.

Good. By all means let's have more Iowa garbage threads.

84321720.jpg

I think in 2024 Brooks. Cstar and Facundo all move up. If Beard wants to actually wrestle in college then he’ll need to go somewhere else imo.

Do you remember telling me this was going to be a very special year/Iowa team?

Ummm. That wasn't @js8793 that said that. It was some other Iowa homer(raises hand). Not gonna apologize or feel silly for being optimistic about this team's potential. Granted, Iowa isn't currently looking like the juggernaut I thought they would, but still plenty of season left. Until the NCAA's are completed, I will still believe that my Hawks are going to find a way to win.

Ummm. That wasn't @js8793 that said that. It was some other Iowa homer(raises hand). Not gonna apologize or feel silly for being optimistic about this team's potential. Granted, Iowa isn't currently looking like the juggernaut I thought they would, but still plenty of season left. Until the NCAA's are completed, I will still believe that my Hawks are going to find a way to win.
We threw plenty of taunts that we were the defending championships forever, you guys have the same right now.

images

ready to fight alongside my hawkeye brother ‘til the end on the front lines of the great posting war

ADVERTISEMENT