ADVERTISEMENT

FUPOG (Favorite Underrated Play Of the Game)

Petch

Mar 28, 2012
For me, it was the late game 7 yard TD run by KA, where the entire PSU OLine pushed the entire Auburn DLine into the end zone.

Brought tears to my eyes. My buddies and I were at Jordan Hare in Section 51, hugging and sobbing hysterically after that one. It’s been so long!

Basically anything Kaytron Allen. I know Nick will get the national publicity this week, deservedly so, but Kaytron was really the guy that wore down that defense and gave our O-line some confidence. I can't overstate how refreshing and important it was to see a penn state back run into the middle of an opposing defense and pick up yards. It opens up runs to the outside, motivated the O-line, and keeps Clifford on task and clean.

For me, it was the late game 7 yard TD run by KA, where the entire PSU OLine pushed the entire Auburn DLine into the end zone.

Brought tears to my eyes. My buddies and I were at Jordan Hare in Section 51, hugging and sobbing hysterically after that one. It’s been so long!
More than one play actually. When 1, 23, and 41 were in at linebacker and all playing fast. That's 2 freshman and one soph. This team at some point is going to be special

Reactions: Petch

Almost any PJ Mustipher play. His double teams directly facilitated the ridiculously fast and talented LB’s and DE’s to wreck havoc….and they did.

not a play really but it made me smile to see D'Von Ellies with a huge grin on his face while playing, he looked like he was the happiest guy in the stadium to be making plays with his teammates

Lots of good ones. I really like Romano's tackle on Ashford on last play. He trucked to catch him. got angle and caught a foot to prevent first down. That was nice, hard way to finish. Played every play hard.

Lots of good ones. I really like Romano's tackle on Ashford on last play. He trucked to catch him. got angle and caught a foot to prevent first down. That was nice, hard way to finish. Played every play hard.
That was a great play. Had to check the roster for that number, though.🙂

Sutherland fumble recovery. It's the first time I think we have seen Sutherland actually make a play against a quality opponent...I think even he is "getting it" now.

With some of the great OL players we've had through the years, it's kind of sad that Penn State football has come to the point where getting a push from the line is cause for tears of joy.

I thought an underrated play was Clifford getting up and running another play after being absolutely de-cleated on 3rd down. Though we didn't make the first down, it basically was like "is that all you've got"?

Reactions: CbusLion10
With some of the great OL players we've had through the years, it's kind of sad that Penn State football has come to the point where getting a push from the line is cause for tears of joy.

I thought an underrated play was Clifford getting up and running another play after being absolutely de-cleated on 3rd down. Though we didn't make the first down, it basically was like "is that all you've got"?
That’s the point, right? When was the last time you saw a PSU OLine impose their will against ANY DLine…let alone a traditional power SEC DLine in their own house?

Reactions: MacNit07
That’s the point, right? When was the last time you saw a PSU OLine impose their will against ANY DLine…let alone a traditional power SEC DLine in their own house?
We’re probably talking 1986 when we spanked Bama at their place.

Reactions: MacNit07
We’re probably talking 1986 when we spanked Bama at their place.
I think we’ve had some more recent than that, albeit not against an SEC power. 1994 OLone imposed their will against everyone (USC, tOSU, Mich, etc)…and I’m pretty sure the Curtis Enis/Aaron Harris team had a great OLine…also the LJ for 2k OLine must’ve been pretty powerful.

Not sure we’ve had any since then, though. Perhaps someone can add a few more examples.

Reactions: Tri-Power65
After thinking about this, I'd say it was Sean Clifford getting up and being able to play after taking that hard hit in the first quarter. I wasn't sure when he went down.

Reactions: bytir
ADVERTISEMENT