ADVERTISEMENT

From pin chains to robes to black shirts?

I need to be a Tarsier to have eyes large enough to convey how much my eyes are rolling at this news

tarsier-4.jpg

...they’re jes throwbacks to the hated SS of the Third Reich... :(
...or maybe a knock off of Iowa’s uniforms... :)
... or, more realistically, simply a sign of mourning...
...take your pick...

When were the black shirts last relevant at Nebraska -- the Clinton Administration?

Guess we'll never be a great program, merely a great team, with all of our wrestlers stuck wearing gray.

Reactions: 1AA
...they’re jes throwbacks to the hated SS of the Third Reich... :(
...or maybe a knock off of Iowa’s uniforms... :)
... or, more realistically, simply a sign of mourning...
...take your pick...

Someone at tOSU obviously didn't study WWII in school, because Italian fascist "Action Squads" were also black shirts. Poor choice.

Bottom line: If Penn State did something similar, there's be a lot of dislocated shoulders on this board from all of the high fiving.

My god! I hate all these stupid made up motivational items. Confucius say: True motivation comes from within and from a need to dominate your opponent. ;);):D

Reactions: diggerpup
perfectly fine with me. Not crazy about that pin chain though... just have to be sure the judging is consistent.... everyone has their faves

I have been reluctant to confess this, but I must have mised something from the beginning re the OSU "pin chain".
You guys mocked them w/o mercy, but what was it all about?
Did Ryan start some kind of recognition for pins?
OSU has had a lot of great wrestlers the last few years but I cant think of a single one that was a significant pinner.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I have been reluctant to confess this, but I must have mised something from the beginning re the OSU "pin chain".
You guys mocked them w/o mercy, but what was it all about?
Did Ryan start some kind of recognition for pins?
OSU has had a lot of great wrestlers the last few years but I cant think of a single one that was a significant pinner.
It came out about a year after Miami Football started the "Turnover Chain," where defenders got to wear a gaudy pimp-style chain if they forced a turnover. Ryan was trying to motivate his "team of the millennium" to be more like big brother PSU with regard to bonus points. Snyder did get significantly more pins than he usually did for a while there (against lesser competition), but it fizzled out (spectacularly so w/ Martin vs. Bo, I suppose).

Reactions: danoftw
What Nerf said. Ryan admitted it was a blatant ripoff of the Miami turnover chain (which in hindsight is hilarious, given them trying to trademark "THE").

Only for the 2018 season. Bo killed it.

IIRC Jaggers was the mastermind. His skinny jeans must've been extra tight that day.

Can we all call that school Tosu from now on, since they like THE so much? (And since they wrote THE too big for the Trademark Office, per other thread.) :)

Didn’t the pin chain have it’s own twitter account, and a metal case it was supposedly carried around in?

I wonder what closet it is stuck in now....

ADVERTISEMENT