ADVERTISEMENT

From iowa to indiana. From hoopers to hoosiers.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
iowa is over. MOVE. ON. :eek:

INDIANA. :eek: INDIANA. :eek: INDIANA. :eek: INDIANA. :eek: INDIANA. :eek:

I watched the first half of Indiana/Ohio State. The Hoosiers can throw it. They have some big, talented receivers.

Indiana will be no walk-over. But OSU's DBs have proven suspect so far.

How fricking cool would it have been for CJF to just stay in a Eastwood like mode. Iowa is just like Akron. Next week we got Indiana.

I watched the first half of Indiana/Ohio State. The Hoosiers can throw it. They have some big, talented receivers.

I think Penn State's secondary is up to the task. That said, what is the status of Oruwariye?

IU is fielding the same exact defense as last year (nine starters returning), which did a pretty good job shutting down Barkley in Bloomington.

On offense our O-line is weaker this year, and at QB we're switching off between Lagow and a freshmen named Peyton Ramsey who honestly looks like a Trace McSorely clone. Same build and playing style. He was huge in the win @UVA. Lagow is immobile and still has turnover issues, so I expect Ramsey to slowly work his way into the lineup more as the season progresses.

We have a solid group of WRs, led by Simmie Cobbs, and have found our RB in freshmen Morgan Ellison, who so far looks like a faster Jordan Howard.

The keys to this game for us are mitigating turnovers, which did us in last year, and getting some productive play out of our offensive line to allow our team to get into a rythem. Should be an interesting game, but IU tends to play PSU much tougher in Bloomington than at State College.

IU is fielding the same exact defense as last year (nine starters returning), which did a pretty good job shutting down Barkley in Bloomington.

On offense our O-line is weaker this year, and at QB we're switching off between Lagow and a freshmen named Peyton Ramsey who honestly looks like a Trace McSorely clone. Same build and playing style. He was huge in the win @UVA. Lagow is immobile and still has turnover issues, so I expect Ramsey to slowly work his way into the lineup more as the season progresses.

We have a solid group of WRs, led by Simone Cobbs, and have found our RB in freshmen Morgan Ellison, who so far looks like a faster Jordan Howard.

The keys to this game for us are mitigating turnovers, which did us in last year, and getting some productive play out of our offensive line to allow our team to get into a rythem. Should be an interesting game, but IU tends to play PSU much tougher in Bloomington than at State College.

Saw Lagow went down with injury. How is he doing?

Hopefully Lagow can go and not be too limited. It was a cheap hit that put him out on one of his better throws of the year. Ga Southern was called for 4 chop blocks too. His back-up, Ramsey, has been a good change of pace and has better touch on his short balls. Ellison has emerged as the RB, but needs more production from guys behind him. OL needs to improve if going to run the ball in the BT.

Defense has played pretty well, but will be severely tested. Fant sat out vs Ga Southern. He's expected to be back next wk.

And IU special teams have been much improved. Oakes is back to 2015 form. Brought in an Aussie punter that has been a major upgrade. Punt returner, J-Shun Harris has been a real game changer too.

ADVERTISEMENT