ADVERTISEMENT

FRL 510 - chock full o’ Penn State goodness

I enjoyed listening to this and the rationale for their rankings. I thought the only real head scratcher was CP ranking Zain 5th.

Reactions: Dogwelder
What ifs

-Zain doesnt go as TF, does he go undefeated? I say 50% chance at 41, 90% at 49.
-Ed doesnt lose to Dean. A bad loss AT THE TIME, but not really with what Dean became. Nevertheless, Ed
IS the only guy on this list who lost as senior.
-Nolf sweeps Imar, he’s a 4xer. Nolf had no bad losses IMO.
-Bo doesnt go for broke against MYMAR? He would be a 4xer BUT still have the BAD Jackson loss
(prolly the worst loss of the five)
-DT beats BJ. He would still only be 3xer. DT had zero bad losses.

Pick away

Reactions: tikk10
How many here though freshman Dean would beat Sr ed, and come close in another match?
How many here thought soph Bo would beat Sr Dean?

Last edited:
Kind of crazy to think about it, but Taylor realistically should be number five. Zain has the best win (Stieber) out of the group with Nolf probably having the second best win (IMAR) and then you maybe Bo (Senior Yean Dean who was a destroyer of worlds). IMAR and Dean are pretty comparable in retrospect. I've always been a Ruth fan, but I don't know how you put him ahead of Zain, Nolf or Bo due to the fact that they have better wins than he does (debatable when it comes to Dean FR vs SR years). Who was Ruth's best win? I guess Dean, but Dean was a FR (a damn good one at that). Taylor really doesn't have any elite wins (in college) like the others. I would go Zain, Bo, Nolf, Ruth and Taylor. Nolf probably should get credit for winning a title on a banged up knee too so I could see swapping Bo and him.

Reactions: mjmirv
How many here though freshman Dean would beat Sr ed, and come close in another match?
How many here thought soph Bo would beat Sr Dean?
Ruth pinned Dean in the first period in their first match.

So nobody thought Dean would win the Scuffle match. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

After Dean won, it was perfectly rational to think the NCAA semi would be competitive.

Nickel is my number one. Love guys who move up massive weight that everyone was doubting him for. Ruth, Taylor, zain, nolf.

All tied for #1 in my book. I couldn't continue to listen to the Flo garage employee CP when he said Zain had 4 losses.

Reactions: NoVa Lion
My top 5:

1. Ed Ruth was only 4x B1G and 3x NCAA - #1 in Career Wins 136 and #2 in Career Bonus Point Wins 104.

2. Bo Nickal 3x BIG at 174, 184, 197 and 3x NCAA at 184, 197.

3. Zain 3x BIG and 3x NCAA at 149

4. Jason Nolf 2x BIG and 3x NCAA

5. DT 4x BIG and 2x NCAA

Zain is the only one of the 5 that didn’t redshirt as a freshmen. Zain then went undefeated his next 3 seasons. What if he redshirted?? He may have joined Cael as the only 4x NCAA undefeated champion.

What if VJ won the NCAA this season to become a 3x NCAA. With 2 final victories over 2x champ Imar.

Last edited:
Bo wont the title for penn state by grabbing the chin of martin that makes him the best of all time lol
Hard to argue. He also bonuses on the OSU match. He beat 2 NC’s in the finals.......and Moore was Fav this year.

Bo wont the title for penn state by grabbing the chin of martin that makes him the best of all time lol
Zain’s points as a true freshman won us a title too, and possibly kept him from a Cael-level career if he had RS. This is an unanswerable debate unless we agreed to the exact criteria to use. So it’s unanswerable.Me? I pick a new order every week.

I also go back and forth continuously. Nolf and Nickal might have been my two favorite to watch just based on flash and the unexpected. Best? 5 way tie?

Also a huge Cenzo (and Hall) fan, but I understand why he doesn’t appear here.

Ill never forget the "thats what we do" statement Bo is the poster boy for psu although i agree the order changes a lot man have we been spoiled or what the last ten years

ADVERTISEMENT