ADVERTISEMENT

French Riviera at half the cost of PSU Abington

The Abington project is not "dorms", it's luxury apartments. Since when do college kids need luxury apartments? Why do they need a trolley (also part of the "project") to walk 1/2 mile from their luxury apartments to their classes? Is Pennrose Properties going to manage those luxury apartments?, (not dorms)?

1. They are willing to pay for those luxury apartments. The students are paying almost 10k per student to live there. It is not costing you a dime you moron. Why does PSU need a billion in athletic facilities? Is that a necessity? ARe you going to complain about that?

2. Abington is not a cow pasture. The dorm is going up where the land is available. If there was a thousand acres of open land next to the campus they would probably build there.

3. A trolley from York Rd to PSU makes sense. I assume it is for all students. SEpta stops on York and it makes it more convenient for other students who commute. There is another apartment north on York that is mostly PSU students. They can take the bus and then the trolley to campus.

SSS. Go back to looking for the statue.

PSU Abington students are paying a premium to live there and it is not costing you a dime.

No ties. Probably hundreds of subs and dozens of GCs had the plans.

Just keeping it real. The people that are touchy are the morons obsessed with the BOT. They look for reasons to complain because they are obsessed with a missing statue.

Most couldn't care less about a statue...its about a group of individuals who held the reins of our University and used it for their personal/financial gain while encouraging the rest of the world to believe that we were ALL pedophile enablers as they threw millions of the university's dollars to cement that rhetoric.

It has become obvious that your reality is aligned with the OGBOT, so its of no use to attempt a dialogue. Adios.

1. They are willing to pay for those luxury apartments. The students are paying almost 10k per student to live there. It is not costing you a dime you moron. Why does PSU need a billion in athletic facilities? Is that a necessity? ARe you going to complain about that?

2. Abington is not a cow pasture. The dorm is going up where the land is available. If there was a thousand acres of open land next to the campus they would probably build there.

3. A trolley from York Rd to PSU makes sense. I assume it is for all students. SEpta stops on York and it makes it more convenient for other students who commute. There is another apartment north on York that is mostly PSU students. They can take the bus and then the trolley to campus.
I don't know who you think you are, but you completely avoided the points, which were:

1. They are not DORMS
2. There is no need for a trolley to travel 1/2 mile to class. People can walk on a college campus, it's not going to kill them, it's actually very healthy.

If fake-name-calling people as "morons" makes you feel better about yourself, that says more about you than it does about me.

I don't know who you think you are, but you completely avoided the points, which were:

1. They are not DORMS
2. There is no need for a trolley to travel 1/2 mile to class. People can walk on a college campus, it's not going to kill them, it's actually very healthy.

If fake-name-calling people as "morons" makes you feel better about yourself, that says more about you than it does about me.

Distance from East Halls to Hammond is about a mile. I never needed a trolley.

Reactions: Nellie R
Most couldn't care less about a statue...its about a group of individuals who held the reins of our University and used it for their personal/financial gain while encouraging the rest of the world to believe that we were ALL pedophile enablers as they threw millions of the university's dollars to cement that rhetoric.

It has become obvious that your reality is aligned with the OGBOT, so its of no use to attempt a dialogue. Adios.

No obsession on my part. I don't know them and don't care. THe real problem is morons like Stank who complain either way. THEy complain about the BOT because a branch campus with ZERO housing builds a dorm. WHAt a joke.

They complain about Old guard, new guard, old President, NEW President, old BOT, NEW BOT, old ADs, NEW AD, and so on. You would have a point except the morons complain EITHER WAY. . It is obvious who is obsessed and why they are obsessed.

Was the NGBOT against the dorm at PSU Abington? Do you even know or care? Morons like the OP just like to complain.

Reactions: Nitwit
No obsession on my part. I don't know them and don't care. THe real problem is morons like Stank who complain either way. THEy complain about the BOT because a branch campus with ZERO housing builds a dorm. WHAt a joke.

They complain about Old guard, new guard, old President, NEW President, old BOT, NEW BOT, old ADs, NEW AD, and so on. You would have a point except the morons complain EITHER WAY. . It is obvious who is obsessed and why they are obsessed.

Was the NGBOT against the dorm at PSU Abington? Do you even know or care? Morons like the OP just like to complain.

Had enough?

th

Distance from East Halls to Hammond is about a mile. I never needed a trolley.
I know, right? If the whole purpose of this luxury project is to get people to LIVE ON CAMPUS, they have no need for any type of on-campus transportation.

And PSU has a shuttle bus. Abington will be something similar. No trolley tracks in Abington.
What is the difference in campus size? IMHO if the distance across a campus is 2 miles or less, no on-campus transportation is needed.

I never used the shuttle bus for class, just for late night people watching. Walking was more expedient.

1. They are not DORMS

REally? Why does PSU Main have a shuttle bus? Do you want to cut that service?

Where do you even come up with Abington having a trolley? No trolley tracks in Abington.

According to their website it is a shuttle VAN. Oh the humanity. THe BOT is overspending again.

Where do you even come up with Abington having a trolley? No trolley tracks in Abington.

According to their website it is a shuttle VAN. Oh the humanity. THe BOT is overspending again.
Do you watch or attend Board meeting presentations or not, Zwicky dear? It was specifically referred to as a trolley in the visual presentations given to the board.

I have no idea why ANY campus smaller than 2 miles has a "shuttle bus". Yes, I think it's waste of money for any campus.

This is quite different than transpo that is specifically for persons with ambulatory disabilities, who would obviously be issued a pass for this.

What is the difference in campus size? IMHO if the distance across a campus is 2 miles or less, no on-campus transportation is needed.

PSU Abington needs the shuttle more than PSU Main. PSU main is walkable. PSU Abington is not as walkable. Do you think it is tough to fall out of bed and walk to class across the street at PSU Main?

At Abington the shuttle van picks kids up in North Philly at the OLney Depot, NE, and Willow GRove which are all outside of the 2 miles.

Only Zwicky and his ilk can lather up to the point of some completely inane justification for $500,000 per room dormitory buildings (and other "ancillaries" for Dambly and his benefactors LOL)......and somehow feel that not only is the expenditure appropriate, but that somehow the $50,000,000 honey pot doesn't have any effect on students, faculty, or the citizens of the Commonwealth.

What an incredible process to not only make such ridiculous comments.....but then to "defend" his inanity despite being repeatedly challenged on his "facts".

zwick, you called it a trolley a few posts back too. It would help your case if you did not contradict yourself.

PSU Abington needs the shuttle more than PSU Main. PSU main is walkable. PSU Abington is not as walkable. Do you think it is tough to fall out of bed and walk to class across the street at PSU Main?

At Abington the shuttle van picks kids up in North Philly at the OLney Depot, NE, and Willow GRove which are all outside of the 2 miles.

Build more sidewalks and then it becomes "walkable". Thought you said it was not a "cow pasture"? (It was when my ancestors came there post Rev-war to settle Abington for y'all)

You are now confusing commuter transportation (which should be public transportation under the city), with the Apartment, (not dorm) project,designed to get people to not be commuter and live on campus, that has a trolley in the design plans, which it is obvious you have not read anything about.

Oh and never mind the $$$ that will line Dambly's pockets from this project...

Build more sidewalks and then it becomes "walkable". Thought you said it was not a "cow pasture"? (It was when my ancestors came there post Rev-war to settle Abington for y'all)

You are now confusing commuter transportation (which should be public transportation under the city), with the Apartment, (not dorm) project,designed to get people to not be commuter and live on campus, that has a trolley in the design plans, which it is obvious you have not read anything about.

Oh and never mind the $$$ that will line Dambly's pockets from this project...

There is not going to be a real trolley. It is most likely a mini bus painted to look like a trolley.

zwick, you called it a trolley a few posts back too. It would help your case if you did not contradict yourself.

Whatever. I was simply replying to the previous post that called it a trolley. I did not initiate it.

There is not going to be a real trolley. It is most likely a mini bus painted to look like a trolley.

No kidding. My day would not have been complete without you "splainin" that to me. :rolleyes:
You have an issue with the BOARD presentation and how THEY referred to the mobile-transportation-apparatus-designed-to-spend-more-money-instead-of-people-walking-thingy.

Still completely unnecessary, as the project purpose is for ON-CAMPUS living.

Reactions: jjsocrates

PSU Main has a shuttle bus??? LOL. Did you actually ATTEND Penn State, or did you lie about that to get this plum Trolling assignment?
http://www.catabus.com/

Its called public transportation. Its run BY CATA with a "partnership" by Penn State. (Which means its run by CATA.) It runs because a lot of students live OFF-CAMPUS and walking 3-4 miles isn't feasible, nor is parking on campus. (Obviously.) Also, on a campus that has a main area that is 1/2 x 1 mile, walking from one end to the other end takes ~20-25 minutes and when classes are 15 minutes apart, that may not always be feasible.

The Abington campus, by comparison is relatively TINY.

Philly Inquirer story on PSAC schools. Only schools growing were Bloom and WCU. Maybe I had the enrollment for WCU. Either way Bloom is up significantly since 90. You also did not dispute my point that ALL the housing at Upper Campus has been built since 1990. Where do you come up with Bloom does not have any new housing?

You also missed the point that PSU Abington had ZERO dorms. Do they need dorms or not?

Do you want to compare costs. Bloom spent $60 million vs $50 million at PSU Abington which is actually in a higher wage area. PSU ABington also generates MORE revenue per on campus student than Bloom so it makes good sense for PSU Abington to build the dorm.

You continue to miss the Point. Bloomsburg's facility is a MPR facility, it's not 60 million for just the rooms. Also, there are options on Bloomsburg's campus,and in the facility. 138 of them are suite style. Bloomsburg's base R&B is $8,168, compared to $10,548 for Abington.

Upper campus is suites for those willing to purchase them. They have the similar suites at Temple and Shippensburg, but like Bloomsburg, they are there for those who want them. They aren't the only option. There are OPTIONS for those who don't want them.

It would make sense for Abington to build a DORM. Not luxury suites to reward a subcontracting BOT golf buddy.

What am I missing here? Regardless of whether they are luxury apartments or miniscule dorm rooms, wouldn't the BOT weasels still reward themselves with a $50 million contract for it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT