ADVERTISEMENT

Freestyle in Full Swing!!

Bordo, Didnt see your post before I posted mine about Howard. Kinda creepy actually.
giphy.gif

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
I have said for many years that except for a few unicorn exceptions (Snyder, Borroughs), it takes a full 3 years to transition from multi-NCAA champion folkstyle, to become a competitive international world-class caliber freestyle wrestler. I would think Nolf is just about there. I am enjoying his journey.

Man o man. The Penn State elites who's folkstyle careers were ended or significantly altered by competing in freestyle before their eligibility was consumed:

Cassar
Berge
Howard???

It's great to have us pound our chests at their success before it 'really' matters (insert counter argument here), and you can call me a folk bigot. I would rather have our guys focus 100% on folk until their 4 years are done. Sr. World's and Olympics really build the most meaningful freestyle legacy.

With Howard it is a really tough call. Prove his shoulder can take high level competition now, or wait until folk season. He has been hurt twice now since the last surgery.

I really don't have an answer, but I guarantee you, I will watch every single match of his from here on out, whether folk or free, with a lump in my throat.

ADVERTISEMENT