Free stuff for 6 years in 10 year bill

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I've always said that democrats were highly immoral but better politicians than republicans. I heard that the latest bill includes 6 years of free stuff like pre-k for 3 year old kids even though taxes are for 10 years. Democrats know after 6 years that republicans won't allow the free stuff to expire - "they don't care about kids and families".

In other words, this package will cost a lot more than $1.7 trillion.

P.S. Free school for 3 year olds has nothing to do with education and everything to do with free daycare.

P.S.S. What are the chances that democrats will insist on the CBO scoring their plan before voting on it?

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
Yes. Once a human infrastructure plan is passed it will be difficult to remove those policies in the future.
The dems strive to achieve power by any means. Of course, as you said, immorality is the kicker that separates them in their pursuit for it.

Reactions: bdgan

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
I've always said that democrats were highly immoral but better politicians than republicans. I heard that the latest bill includes 6 years of free stuff like pre-k for 3 year old kids even though taxes are for 10 years. Democrats know after 6 years that republicans won't allow the free stuff to expire - "they don't care about kids and families".

P.S. Free school for 3 year olds has nothing to do with education and everything to do with free daycare.

P.S.S. What are the chances that democrats will insist on the CBO scoring their plan before voting on it?

Yep, and we know that when a program that does not enhance productivity, costs money, and is not covered by taxes ..... then it gets covered by the inflation tax.

Wealth does not get created out of thin air. The problem is that American Dems do not understand this basic concept.

The result in this case is that people without pre-school children wind up paying for the preschool children of others through the higher cost of goods and services. This will happen by the Fed printing more money. The net cost is less for the people with the children, of course, but they are also not getting the full benefit of what they think they are getting.

It is tough for people to connect the inflation tax with public policy, but it is there. This is why politicians tend to use it.

Reactions: bdgan and Cosmos

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
The net cost is less for the people with the children, of course, but they are also not getting the full benefit of what they think they are getting.

Good points all, but you never get the full benefit of anything that passes through the government's hands.

Cosmos

May 29, 2001

Yep. My dad was once involved in politics... as a democrat, no less. He once told me (paraphrase) once you give somebody something it's impossible to take it away. I can't help but think this is intentional. The end result is it makes us poorer and more dependent on government. As if China wasn't already making us poorer! These people are insanely power hungry.

Latest posts