Free Jerry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Hey Mods: I understand that our of our most frequent posters here on the Test Board - Jerry - was given what appears to be a "permaban" yesterday for: (1) commencing a politically themed thread on the Nittany Lounge Board; (2) making a joking comment in response to being given a warning about it.

I understand that rules are rules, and agree that politically themed threads should be confined to this Board but, if Jerry's comment that he commenced that thread inadvertently was made in good faith and his joke about the whole thing was as mild as he reports, I respectfully request that he be given another chance and reinstated. I disagree with Jerry most of the time, but his posts are part of the mosaic of opinions that make up this Test Board.

I would also say that, IMHO, the "permaban" hammer should be applied very sparingly. I'm not sure that is what happened here but, if so, I hope the Mods will reconsider. You could perhaps consider it an early Festivus gift to Jerry.

Richard Schnyderite

Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
www.PennState.Rivals.com
Hey Mods: I understand that our of our most frequent posters here on the Test Board - Jerry - was given what appears to be a "permaban" yesterday for: (1) commencing a politically themed thread on the Nittany Lounge Board; (2) making a joking comment in response to being given a warning about it.

I understand that rules are rules, and agree that politically themed threads should be confined to this Board but, if Jerry's comment that he commenced that thread inadvertently was made in good faith and his joke about the whole thing was as mild as he reports, I respectfully request that he be given another chance and reinstated. I disagree with Jerry most of the time, but his posts are part of the mosaic of opinions that make up this Test Board.

I would also say that, IMHO, the "permaban" hammer should be applied very sparingly. I'm not sure that is what happened here but, if so, I hope the Mods will reconsider. You could perhaps consider it an early Festivus gift to Jerry.
Just to clarify we’ve message Jerry after the permaban and as far as we can tell on our end he wasn’t perma banned at all, only a warning was issued and that’s it. If you talk to him, tell him to take a look at his PMs on this site or have him email me PSUonRivals@yahoo.com. Id be happy to talk with him further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts