ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin Press conference on now

SLion

May 29, 2001
Ahh, first question about what keep Franklins from getting these things that he identified as weaknesses (size, recruiting, fundamentals) which have been a problem over time. "I answered those questions in past. I would prefer to talk in the off-season"..ridiculous deflection.

Ahh, first question about what keep Franklins from getting these things that he identified as weaknesses (size, recruiting, fundamentals) which have been a problem over time. "I answered those questions in past. I would prefer to talk in the off-season"..ridiculous deflection.
If he answered those questions in the past why didn't he do something about them, or is he referring to Saturday? I hope I'm wrong, but from the press conference review that I saw Franklin seems kind of defeated, like either he has no answers or doesn't like the answers. That's unusual for him. I'd like to at least have heard some type of positive spin.

Omg, you just talked about it on Saturday James
If he answered those questions in the past why didn't he do something about them, or is he referring to Saturday? I hope I'm wrong, but from the press conference review that I saw Franklin seems kind of defeated, like either he has no answers or doesn't like the answers. That's unusual for him. I'd like to at least have heard some type of positive spin.
Franklin was very defeated in his post game press conference. Didnt seem to have the fire that we're used to.

Omg, you just talked about it on Saturday James

Franklin was very defeated in his post game press conference. Didnt seem to have the fire that we're used to.
Thats just how he acts after losses. The "defeated" thing has been pretty prevelant going on 3 years now. The team tends to collapse after a loss, wonder if its related to his disposition.

Defeated talk is what happens eventually when the only you correct is in what you say, not what you do.

Thats just how he acts after losses. The "defeated" thing has been pretty prevelant going on 3 years now. The team tends to collapse after a loss, wonder if its related to his disposition.
Take the points and Minnesota.

His defeated deflation is what typically leads to back to back losses. This upcoming game feels much like another “after a demoralizing defeat” game vs. M$U in 2018.... that was homecoming, too.

I got Minnesota outright. I've seen this movie before and ain't getting fooled again.
Well as you said “Minnesota is good. Scary Good” lmao

maybe when Penn State puts it to you’re so called scary good team you quit posting here. Now that a good bet

Opened at -7 bet down to -5. Should be around 3.5 on Saturday

I thought I read it open at -10 on the first book and was bet down to -4.5 fairly quick Sunday. It's still there according to ESPN.

Performance reaction driving the bet down initially, but I don't see any further movement unless Morgan is announced out.

I thought I read it open at -10 on the first book and was bet down to -4.5 fairly quick Sunday. It's still there according to ESPN.

Performance reaction driving the bet down initially, but I don't see any further movement unless Morgan is announced out.
Morgan will play.

So would I, but I don't see it.
Minnesota beat 3 nobodys so ignore that. Then they beat Michigan State 34-7 which is reasonably impressive. Since then they lost 20-10 to Purdue and 26-14 to Illinois. Good but not great teams.

Is our defense as good as Purdue & Illinois? I think we win if we can hold them to 14 pts.

Well know early. Can we stop the run? They will undoubtedly copy UMs strategy. If you can’t stop the run in football, game over. Full stop
How could we go from giving up 78 yds per game rushing to over 400 yds vs Michigan? I realize they are a much stronger team but not that much.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
PSU played nobody in its first five games... nobody. Purdue throws the rock but ran pretty good when they did. Auburn and the others suck this year. It’s a typical Franklion September performance. When B1G starts and the weather changes he turtles up and his LOS weaknesses are exposed.

Reactions: psu00
PSU played nobody in its first five games... nobody. Purdue throws the rock but ran pretty good when they did. Auburn and the others suck this year. It’s a typical Franklion September performance. When B1G starts and the weather changes he turtles up and his LOS weaknesses are exposed.
PSU actually played better teams than UM up until our game.

PSU actually played better teams than UM up until our game.
According to what? We saw this argued back and forth in detail for the last 2 weeks and neither side could make a definitive case. Transitive property does not apply to CFB but many here drank the kool-aid anyway, including the beat reporters. At best this was going to be a tossup with some of the matchups leaning towards UM. But most of the predictions I saw here were for a PSU win.

This game provided Franklin and the Lions an opportunity to make a definitive statement. It delivered on that in a big way.

According to what? We saw this argued back and forth in detail for the last 2 weeks and neither side could make a definitive case. Transitive property does not apply to CFB but many here drank the kool-aid anyway, including the beat reporters. At best this was going to be a tossup with some of the matchups leaning towards UM. But most of the predictions I saw here were for a PSU win.

This game provided Franklin and the Lions an opportunity to make a definitive statement. It delivered on that in a big way.
Well, my prediction was almost spot on: 35-17 with UM pulling away in the 3rd and 4th Quarters.

Regardless, PSU played two difficult away games in Purdue and Auburn with some hamburgers included. UM had almost all home games and their top competition was MD, Iowa and Indiana. I am comfortable that both Purdue and Auburn would be favored above MD, Iowa and Indiana.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
I got Minnesota outright. I've seen this movie before and ain't getting fooled again.
I hope you bet your mortgage on that, you ignoramus. I bet up the spread to -7.5 and should have taken it higher. If I smoked cigars, I would light a fatty in honor of your lack of knowledge of CFB.

Reactions: knickslions
ADVERTISEMENT