ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin makes surprise appearance at Soc 119 class. There will be extra running at practice.

Parsons not present? That isn't good. Before someone jumps all over me, someone replying to the tweet said he wasn't there. Looks like JF has some work to do, but good on him for checking up on his guys.

You guys know what Sociology 119 is?

Race and Ethnic Relations. Very popular with our players.

1. Andrew Powell‏@powella19 10m10 minutes ago
    You can skip 2 times a semester in that class, don’t hurt my boy just cause he’s using one of this skips the last week of the semester
    1f614.png

1 reply0 retweets0 likes
James Franklin‏Verified account@coachjfranklin
Replying to @powella19 @PSUBarstool @tina_locurto
That’s the classes rules, our program has its own set of standards! #WeAre

1:22 PM - 24 Apr 2018

1. Andrew Powell‏@powella19 10m10 minutes ago
    You can skip 2 times a semester in that class, don’t hurt my boy just cause he’s using one of this skips the last week of the semester
    1f614.png

1 reply0 retweets0 likes
James Franklin‏Verified account@coachjfranklin
Replying to @powella19 @PSUBarstool @tina_locurto
That’s the classes rules, our program has its own set of standards! #WeAre

1:22 PM - 24 Apr 2018
In that case - looks like Franklin might have set a bit of a trap for any players who were foolish enough to test the program’s policy for classes the last week of the semester when they still had class absences.

And it looks like Parsons made what I’m sure is the most exhausting freshman mistake you can make - former players talk all the time about how hard Franklin’s conditioning is if he makes you run.

In that case - looks like Franklin might have set a bit of a trap for any players who were foolish enough to test the program’s policy for classes the last week of the semester when they still had class absences.

And it looks like Parsons made what I’m sure is the most exhausting freshman mistake you can make - former players talk all the time about how hard Franklin’s conditioning is if he makes you run.
I like it. As Cardele Jones said " We ain't here for no school", we here to play football!

Reactions: nittany dave
I hope that's an elective. Good luck finding a job with too many of those courses.
Spoken like someone who obviously didn’t take enough of “those courses.” College is about far more than taking courses narrowly tailored to a particular trade. Most of the courses I took were “those courses” as opposed to your definition of college, and I am doing just fine thanks. I learned how to think, analyze and write. Not everybody can be (or wants to be) an accountant, engineer, etc. There is plenty of room in the world for the humanities and social sciences.

Spoken like someone who obviously didn’t take enough of “those courses.” College is about far more than taking courses narrowly tailored to a particular trade. Most of the courses I took were “those courses” as opposed to your definition of college, and I am doing just fine thanks. I learned how to think, analyze and write. Not everybody can be (or wants to be) an accountant, engineer, etc. There is plenty of room in the world for the humanities and social sciences.
There is plenty of room at McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's for humanities and social science majors. You want fries with that?

Maybe I am missing something but why are these guys standing and throwing up Tues morning in the first place? If Micahs absent I get that one...

There is plenty of room at McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's for humanities and social science majors. You want fries with that?
Not sure why people are knocking sociology.

Susan Adams
, FORBES STAFF I’m a senior editor in charge of Forbes’ education coverage. The Forbes eBook On Paying For College
Getting into college is hard enough. Paying for it shouldn’t be. Find out how to save thousands on higher ed.

Here is NACE’s list of academic majors, showing the percentage of student applicants who had at least one job offer by the time they graduated:

• Computer Science: 68.7%
  • Economics: 61.5%
  • Accounting: 61.2%
  • Engineering: 59%
  • Business Administration: 54.3%
  • Sociology/Social Work: 42.5%
  • Mathematics/Statistics: 40.3%
  • Psychology: 39.2%
  • History/Political Science: 38.9%
  • Healthcare: 37.8%
  • Liberal Arts/Humanities: 36.8%
  • Biology: 35.2%
  • Communications/Journalsim: 33.8%
  • English: 33%
  • Environmental Science: 30.5%
  • Education: 28.9%
  • Visual & Performing Arts: 27.8%
https://www.forbes.com/sites/susana...es-that-get-the-most-job-offers/#13c1c7ba2c4e

Subject area Employed (%) Unemployed (%)
Medicine and dentistry 90.6 1
Education 89.8 1.8
Subjects allied to medicine 88.1 2.6
Veterinary science 91.2 3.2
Combined 67.5 3.9
Architecture, building and planning 85.0 4.8
Law 67.6 5.1
Agriculture and related subjects 71.2 5.5
Biological sciences 69.9 6.2
Historical and philosophical studies 65.9 6.3
Languages 68.6 6.4
Social studies 75.1 6.4
Engineering and technology 77.2 6.8
Business and administrative studies 80.1 6.8
Physical sciences 63.9 7.4
Mathematical sciences 64.0 7.5
Creative arts and design 77.7 7.5
Mass communication and documentation 80.0 8.6
Computer science 75.7 10.5

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nickmo...ee-subjects-if-you-want-a-job/3/#663928d07b14

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT