ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin just called out the officials

-game scoreboars

Do you remember the Whiteout loss to OSU a few years ago, the year OSU went to the playoffs and won? There was the INT dribble that was replayed over and over on the jumbotron, but the Big Ten lost replay feed for just that one play. (end result was a FG for OSU). They also kicked a 49 yd FG a full 3 seconds after the play clock ran out. The game went to OT. First play for PSU (a 10 + yd gain), holding on PSU. The first play OSU, a 15 yd PF on PSU. Nothing happened except OSU went to the playoffs.
I'm not a conspiracy guy but that was unbelievable.

Reactions: bison13
This is everything right here. With actual evidence, amount of bad calls from his crew and compared to other schools to show an actual evidence based quantitative bias, nothing will be done.

Put the statistics department or the math department or SOMEONE on this, find out the true cold hard facts, and take it to the B1G. If they do nothing, push those statistics to the media and let them start running with it. It has to happen now though. The longer we get from this game the less people care. Either make it happen now or gather the evidence and have it ready for the inevitable “next time” this happens.
Start with defending yourself and your team when you have the microphone. Opportunity is now gone. Evidence is clear for all to see. There are people on this board that have compiled more than enough. Over the decades, you could do a 2 hr HBO documentary!

He did. He never grabbed the shoulder pad. That said the PI on Reid was ridiculous unless it is now a penalty to look at the guy.
I don't have a problem with the No call here, but it is Offensive PI, and stacked with everything else it's more evidence.
The play that preceded this of course was worse, where they moved a fumble forward almost two yards for the first down.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

https://i.giphy.com/media/Ymno48Xzhwt0asY59Z/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Won't allow me to embed the GIF

Of course he didn't push off. If you watched it, he grabbed Reid's right shoulder pad and pulled him towards the endzone. This allowed him to take Reid out of position and elevate over him to make the catch.
I can see why the call was not made but if it were an nfl game, this year, I bet it would have been.

Sure PSU has benefited from bad but questionable calls in the past. I would love for once for PSU to get bad call after bad call go in their favor. But it seems whenever there is systematic bias it ALWAYS goes against PSU.

I remember many similar issues under Joe's reign and after and IOWA OT loss at home, we were present, Joe CHASED the head official across the field to chastise him post game. It was a big deal and the first step to what we now have as replay.

So, we get replay, all is well. PSU challenges a play a game in the first season. Remarkably, EVERY play challenged changes in favor of PSU!!! A year passes, now replay is not used for this type play or penalty as so called judgement calls and those fouls are called more often avoiding replay. Now the spotlight is on replay even more and instead of making an excuse that replay is note working now (the only time in BT history this happened, for ONE PLAY) the officials in charge, our great UM alum friend who Joe chased is the replay expert. His minions have taken his place on the field and video evidence is now misinterpreted, avoided or ignored.

Joe voiced his complaints publicly after many years of reporting them to the conference failed to provide a remedy. This conference is corrupt systemically. There is no remedy within the conference. As someone above suggested a documentary should be developed to spotlight the numerous big game manipulations of the rule of play because this is much larger then just PSU and its fans. It's VEGAS and betting which Joe railed at too. Now big money is at stake. We need the FBI to investigate some Big 10 employees to see how their income varies from their tax returns as a way to open up this subject.

PSU will never be effective in reaching a remedy for this abuse. This must take the money trail and they is always a money trail to follow to smoke out the rats.

I am good with calling the play in the end zone a pass not fumble. and calling Friemuth down inches away. and 2 of the three holds were legitimate and should have been called. But the Reid interference and the third holding call on the goal line were ridiculous. No way you call that a hold. Especially at that point I don't even think Iowa had a penalty. Sandy needs to call the Big Ten and stop ONeill from officiating another one of our games today.

you are good with a reversal of a play that had zero evidence of the knee hitting the ground before the ball breaks the plane of the goal line?

Not only did that not happen but when the knee actually touches, the ball is completely and fully past the goal line. That’s far beyond breaking the plane.

I would like to see the video that shows this. And I’m not sure how anyone could be good with wiping out a TD where one existed

You had better believe it! There is enough evidence to convict in a summary judgement. Franklin or someone needs to do more! Take a suspension.. Pry can hold the fort down and at least we would show that we know exactly what is going on and are not going to play the roll of the Patsy anymore!

Nooo! Better to kick their @ss on the field by playing through the officials.

This is everything right here. With actual evidence, amount of bad calls from his crew and compared to other schools to show an actual evidence based quantitative bias, nothing will be done.

Put the statistics department or the math department or SOMEONE on this, find out the true cold hard facts, and take it to the B1G. If they do nothing, push those statistics to the media and let them start running with it. It has to happen now though. The longer we get from this game the less people care. Either make it happen now or gather the evidence and have it ready for the inevitable “next time” this happens.

I don't agree. In this day in age all you need is to i.d. the perpetrator and then look for the evidence, real or imagined. :oops:

I don't have a problem with the No call here, but it is Offensive PI, and stacked with everything else it's more evidence.
The play that preceded this of course was worse, where they moved a fumble forward almost two yards for the first down.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

https://i.giphy.com/media/Ymno48Xzhwt0asY59Z/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Won't allow me to embed the GIF
One way to look at this is that, when the ball is in the air, the receiver and defender are equivalent. That is, pass interference is the same for each. Now, if you didn't know which is which in the clip above, how would the play be called? If the Penn State player was the intended receiver, would this be PI on the Iowa defender?

I remember many similar issues under Joe's reign and after and IOWA OT loss at home, we were present, Joe CHASED the head official across the field to chastise him post game. It was a big deal and the first step to what we now have as replay.

So, we get replay, all is well. PSU challenges a play a game in the first season. Remarkably, EVERY play challenged changes in favor of PSU!!! A year passes, now replay is not used for this type play or penalty as so called judgement calls and those fouls are called more often avoiding replay. Now the spotlight is on replay even more and instead of making an excuse that replay is note working now (the only time in BT history this happened, for ONE PLAY) the officials in charge, our great UM alum friend who Joe chased is the replay expert. His minions have taken his place on the field and video evidence is now misinterpreted, avoided or ignored.

Joe voiced his complaints publicly after many years of reporting them to the conference failed to provide a remedy. This conference is corrupt systemically. There is no remedy within the conference. As someone above suggested a documentary should be developed to spotlight the numerous big game manipulations of the rule of play because this is much larger then just PSU and its fans. It's VEGAS and betting which Joe railed at too. Now big money is at stake. We need the FBI to investigate some Big 10 employees to see how their income varies from their tax returns as a way to open up this subject.

PSU will never be effective in reaching a remedy for this abuse. This must take the money trail and they is always a money trail to follow to smoke out the rats.
While Carl’s Post may seem comical to some. He is dead in correct and probably the only conceivable way to get things changed.

I beleive that psu put out an official protest of a game or play before. She has to do it again. It is so blatant on that td. The others could go either way but that touchdown was good and there’s is no clear evidence to over turn it.

He did NOT push off - meaning, there was no offensive PI. They got that no-call correct. Reid got owned/posterized.

What say you if the Iowa receiver were the dB and Reid was the receiver? Good interception or pass interference?

I’m seeing pass interference all day long.

What I see is a receiver going over top of a DB. The DB has great coverage but does not locate the ball. This is the main problem for both Penn State corners.

Reactions: psuguy43 and razpsu
Reid should have become the receiver at that point and go to the ball instead of waiting which he did and the guy outplayed him

What I see is a receiver going over top of a DB. The DB has great coverage but does not locate the ball. This is the main problem for both Penn State corners.
There were several times where you are correct and PSU did not locate the ball. This time you are incorrect. You can clearly see him head turned and upward following the ball trajectory, arms extended to make the interception.
Receiver then uses his right hand on the defenders right shoulder to elevate himself over the back of the defender. It's slight, but it is a big deal and interference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT