ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin just called out the officials

It sounded to me like BTN muted Franklin when he started talking about the penalties. As soon as he said, "We came into the country one of the least penalized teams in the country and....MUTED...... ..... .......... ........ ......... UNMUTED and that's all I'm going to say about that."

It sounded to me like BTN muted Franklin when he started talking about the penalties. As soon as he said, "We came into the country one of the least penalized teams in the country and....MUTED...... ..... .......... ........ ......... UNMUTED and that's all I'm going to say about that."
Yup - where’s a lip reader when we need it

Well guess the network is in on the BS as well. Delaney and his cronies

Said we came in here as 1 of the least penalized teams in the nation and he's not sure what happened. 80 yards to 5 yards.

Good for you James...this is B---s--t!!
72469788_10219199105195955_1684291336594784256_n.jpg

Well guess the network is in on the BS as well. Delaney and his cronies
You had better believe it! There is enough evidence to convict in a summary judgement. Franklin or someone needs to do more! Take a suspension.. Pry can hold the fort down and at least we would show that we know exactly what is going on and are not going to play the roll of the Patsy anymore!

Nothing is gonna happen until there's a game with NATIONAL implications and the shenanigans happen. PSU-Iowa was on no one's radar screen outside the Big 10 because of Florida-LSU and USC-ND. Now, if something happens in the Whiteout game next week or in an undefeated PSU-OSU game in November, then perhaps there will be more of an outcry. But I guarantee you that the media won't give this an ounce of attention outside of the PSU beat writers.

Reactions: ftlpsu
Nothing is gonna happen until there's a game with NATIONAL implications and the shenanigans happen. PSU-Iowa was on no one's radar screen outside the Big 10 because of Florida-LSU and USC-ND. Now, if something happens in the Whiteout game next week or in an undefeated PSU-OSU game in November, then perhaps there will be more of an outcry. But I guarantee you that the media won't give this an ounce of attention outside of the PSU beat writers.

Sorry, no outcry unless is actually helps PSU.....otherwise, the vast majority are FOR screwing PSU

The PSU beat writers are pro- O’ Neil! The game was on national network TV and PSU is creeping into Playoff contention. If that does not have national implications, what does? PSU needs to take a stance. At least we can maintain our dignity. Right now, the message is: “we’ll just give them even more of a screwing - they don’t seem to really care!” Patsy State University = PSU

-game scoreboars

Do you remember the Whiteout loss to OSU a few years ago, the year OSU went to the playoffs and won? There was the INT dribble that was replayed over and over on the jumbotron, but the Big Ten lost replay feed for just that one play. (end result was a FG for OSU). They also kicked a 49 yd FG a full 3 seconds after the play clock ran out. The game went to OT. First play for PSU (a 10 + yd gain), holding on PSU. The first play OSU, a 15 yd PF on PSU. Nothing happened except OSU went to the playoffs.

-game scoreboars

Do you remember the Whiteout loss to OSU a few years ago, the year OSU went to the playoffs and won? There was the INT dribble that was replayed over and over on the jumbotron, but the Big Ten lost replay feed for just that one play. (end result was a FG for OSU). They also kicked a 49 yd FG a full 3 seconds after the play clock ran out. The game went to OT. First play for PSU (a 10 + yd gain), holding on PSU. The first play OSU, a 15 yd PF on PSU. Nothing happened except OSU went to the playoffs.

Didn't look it up but pretty sure OSU scored a TD on their drive following the non-interception.

I'm as outraged about the "non-TD" call as the rest of you but the fact of the matter is, most of the PSU penalties (at least 6 of the 8) were legit. And you know what? I'm ok with it. I want my OLs playing dirty and doing whatever it takes. As far as I'm concerned it is a welcome change from an OL that has played poorly against quality opponents for a long time. An OL that is finally coming into its own.

Stat jockeys won't love this result but what I saw last night was a PSU team that went into Iowa's "stripe out" and dominated. We ground out 177 rushing yards on a solid Iowa defense that had no answers for our running game. We finished 10 of 19 on 3rd down after an atrocious first quarter. Passing? We only attempted 24 passes because we didn't need to go to the well with Cain grinding them into a pulp.

My only concern at this point is our DBs continue to make boneheaded mistakes. We really need to shore this up or it could prove extremely costly against Michigan's terrific WRs.

My only concern at this point is our DBs continue to make boneheaded mistakes. We really need to shore this up or it could prove extremely costly against Michigan's terrific WRs.
Boneheaded DB plays?
Will you find the phantom holding call on Reid?
Will you consent that there was offensive PI on the Iowa touchdown?

Reactions: NatLion and psualt
Boneheaded DB plays?

Offensive PI on the TD? No way. I didn't like the call on Reid.

As for boneheaded plays, I'm referring to the DBs tendency to make costly mistakes such as surrendering 1st downs on 3rd and 16 or (from last night) leaving a receiver in trips uncovered

Reactions: bison13
I'm as outraged about the "non-TD" call as the rest of you but the fact of the matter is, most of the PSU penalties (at least 6 of the 8) were legit. And you know what? I'm ok with it. I want my OLs playing dirty and doing whatever it takes. As far as I'm concerned it is a welcome change from an OL that has played poorly against quality opponents for a long time. An OL that is finally coming into its own.

Stat jockeys won't love this result but what I saw last night was a PSU team that went into Iowa's "stripe out" and dominated. We ground out 177 rushing yards on a solid Iowa defense that had no answers for our running game. We finished 10 of 19 on 3rd down after an atrocious first quarter. Passing? We only attempted 24 passes because we didn't need to go to the well with Cain grinding them into a pulp.

Brian, Michigan scored all of "10 points" last week, at home, vs Iowa! Take away those penalties, and that non-TD call on Freiermuth, and we beat Iowa pretty nicely in their yard!!!
I can't wait to see next weeks game. Wisky POUNDED Michigan's defense running the ball. Michigan just gave up 25 to Illinois!!! Bring on the Wolverines!

Boneheaded DB plays?
He did NOT push off - meaning, there was no offensive PI. They got that no-call correct. Reid got owned/posterized.

Reactions: bison13
Franklin stated at the presser something along the lines of focusing on what he can control and moving forward. The thing is that moving forward we are goi g to continually get screwed until he steps up and does something. It’s as simple as that. Someone needs to ask him that at the next presser. At what point is enough enough especially from
The same ref

Reactions: MacNit07
He did NOT push off - meaning, there was no offensive PI. They got that no-call correct. Reid got owned/posterized.

Of course he didn't push off. If you watched it, he grabbed Reid's right shoulder pad and pulled him towards the endzone. This allowed him to take Reid out of position and elevate over him to make the catch.

The PI on Reid was terrible. And they never showed the defensive holding in the first half that led to an Iowa field goal, but pretty hard to believe there could have been much of a hold in the 1.5 seconds it took for us to sack Stanley

It looked like he just jumped over him.

If you get a chance, watch it again. With the opposite sideline camera angle he clearly grabs him and pulls him past as he elevates. It was PI. Reid had position and was held. Reid didn't get his eyes up quick enough but was in perfect position until the WR moved him.

Also there is no way the ref at the goal line couldn't have seen it, he was also in perfect position.

Reactions: AvgUser
I am good with calling the play in the end zone a pass not fumble. and calling Friemuth down inches away. and 2 of the three holds were legitimate and should have been called. But the Reid interference and the third holding call on the goal line were ridiculous. No way you call that a hold. Especially at that point I don't even think Iowa had a penalty. Sandy needs to call the Big Ten and stop ONeill from officiating another one of our games today.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
Yep,and then he took high road and didn’t chase the rat in the hole with the John O’Neil question....he said no win situation...it’s out there and people know
The more I think about it, I'm happy he took the high road. He's right, nothing good would come of him tearing the officials a new one. They need to put together clear and concise evidence and take it to someone who can do something about it.

And that brings us to the next issue. Nobody in charge cares. Not in the NCAA or in the Big10. Nothing will happen. And that folks is the real crime in all of this. All we can hope for is that Warren will be better than Delaney and end some of this BS.

Reactions: Option Bob
Franklin stated at the presser something along the lines of focusing on what he can control and moving forward. The thing is that moving forward we are goi g to continually get screwed until he steps up and does something. It’s as simple as that. Someone needs to ask him that at the next presser. At what point is enough enough especially from
The same ref

Not Franklin's job, though it is Barbour's. Good luck hoping that she ever starts doing it.

They need to put together clear and concise evidence and take it to someone who can do something about it.

This is everything right here. With actual evidence, amount of bad calls from his crew and compared to other schools to show an actual evidence based quantitative bias, nothing will be done.

Put the statistics department or the math department or SOMEONE on this, find out the true cold hard facts, and take it to the B1G. If they do nothing, push those statistics to the media and let them start running with it. It has to happen now though. The longer we get from this game the less people care. Either make it happen now or gather the evidence and have it ready for the inevitable “next time” this happens.

This is everything right here. With actual evidence, amount of bad calls from his crew and compared to other schools to show an actual evidence based quantitative bias, nothing will be done.

Put the statistics department or the math department or SOMEONE on this, find out the true cold hard facts, and take it to the B1G. If they do nothing, push those statistics to the media and let them start running with it. It has to happen now though. The longer we get from this game the less people care. Either make it happen now or gather the evidence and have it ready for the inevitable “next time” this happens.

And the response would be, “Remember, you’re just lucky to be playing football.”

Reactions: nittanyfan333
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT